Official Black Friday VIDEO GAMES Discussion Thread

Brad

As always, we have several dedicated threads for the hotter items each Black Friday. Please try to keep all discussion related to these items in their official threads. Other threads posted will likely be merged into this main thread.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my son's Switch on eBay, it was a pretty good price for the bundle, and eBay had a one day coupon for I think 15% off, so that made it a nice deal. So that would definitely be something to look out for, rather than a sale. Game systems just don't get marked down much. And like riven3d said, maybe a bundle deal, in the form of a gift card or free controller or game or something. 

This is on my list for DD soon to be 8; she’s a huge Mario fan. I’m not expecting a deal on the system. My plan is to upgrade 2 iPhones during Sam’s Club one day sale in November; those upgrades usually come with a $250 gift card each. I plan on using that for the system and a few games. If I find a better deal outside of Sam’s or Walmart, those gift cards will go to other items.

You won’t see a sale on this system if any deal it might and I stress might be a bundle

Yeah, I really don't look for the system to be on sale, but am hoping for at least a bundle.  They used to have good bundle deals on BF on game systems, but I've noticed that it just doesn't happen much anymore.  After I posted this, I saw an ad for Gamestop and they have a new "bundle" coming out, but it really isn't any cheaper than buying the system and the game.  It is a Super Smash Brothers bundle.  

We have a gift card to Gamestop right now, and I have some games to trade in so I will use that toward the purchase of either the system or games for the system.

Was thinking about updating my son's Xbox for Christmas, but when I bought a new one earlier this year they were about $199 everywhere... now they seem to be $299 and the Xbox One X is till $499 everywhere.

Any thoughts on the chances of a discounted X or will it just be the S that is discounted?

I'm in the same boat.  My son was going back and forth on if he wanted the PS4 since he has the Xbox.  His friends have the PS4 so in order for them to play together he has decided to add it to the list.  Of course already bought one of the games for Xbox so guess that is going back to Best Buy

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be in the market for a PS3 or PS4 (depending on price) for PS Vue. You can watch multiple streams at the same time. I still need to do a little more leg work to determine where I'm going to hook it up and make sure my Logitech Harmony remote can control it via IR.

I'll be in the market for a PS3 or PS4 (depending on price) for PS Vue. You can watch multiple streams at the same time. I still need to do a little more leg work to determine where I'm going to hook it up and make sure my Logitech Harmony remote can control it via IR.

Just PS4 that supports multiview.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I feel like there used to be an Official Video Games thread, but I can't find it.  Please move this if it belongs somewhere else.

Every year, I get my son the newest COD game, but this year he already has it.  So, the other day he said I should get him the new Spyro, which I guess is a remake of an old game he played as a kid. (I'm not at all a gamer, can you tell? LOL).  What do you think the chances are of this game being on sale on BF?  Or should I go ahead an pre-order it now on Amazon for almost $40?

its called Spyro Reignited Trilogy its only $40 regular price, so I would think it should be a $15-$25 sale game, most likely Best Buy will have it in their sale.

oh i see it doesn't come out until 11/13.. hmm, im not sure if it will be in the ads then

Thanks guys.  I was thinking $25 too, but wasn't sure since it hasn't released yet.  I guess since it's unlikely to get MORE expensive after it releases, I can just wait and see.

I would think if anyone will have it on sale its going to be Best Buy, and luckily with them you can view a list of every game they will have for sale in each price range when their ad gets released.

But I would check into Amazon if not, for pre-order if you have Prime you can usually get the game for like 20% off the price

• Like 1

Honestly it's very hard to say. I really depends on what types of games you want to play. The two big dogs right now are the Xbox One (S or X) or the PS4. That one may be as simple as which of the games that are only on one system you want. If your a family type gamer then the Switch may be a better way to go. It's typical Nintendo game play.

• Like 2

Honestly it's very hard to say. I really depends on what types of games you want to play. The two big dogs right now are the Xbox One (S or X) or the PS4. That one may be as simple as which of the games that are only on one system you want. If your a family type gamer then the Switch may be a better way to go. It's typical Nintendo game play.

Thanks. I like the Nintendo style games, but I've also watched videos of the new Spiderman game and Red Dead Redemption II and they look pretty good as well. Target seems to have all 3 big name systems on sale (or in a bundle). Thanks for your help. Like I said, I haven't bought a game system since the Wii, but love the old games I used to play when I was a kid. I know a lot of systems sell older games packaged together into one game.

Playstation also has 2 systems, their is a difference, in most ads you will see the Slim version, there is also a Pro version,which usually you only see on sale as a console only no bundles, i have not seen the Pro in any of the ads as of yet.

just like the Xbox One X, the Pro version is 4K ready, the other version is not.

• Like 1