Target Black Friday press release

Brad

https://corporate.target.com/press/releases/2018/11/Target-Ushers-in-the-Holidays-with-Reveal-of-Black

REDcard Early Access Sale

For REDcard holders, Target will offer a special perk by making more than 100 Black Friday deals available on Target.com and in the Target app early on Wednesday, Nov. 21. As always, REDcard holders receive an additional five percent off all purchases. Order Pickup and Drive Up are available for select REDcard Early Access Sale items.

Thanksgiving and Black Friday Savings

There are many ways for guests to take advantage of Target’s Black Friday deals. For those who prefer to shop online, the Black Friday deals go live early in the morning of Thanksgiving on Target.com. For the millions of guests who love to make shopping part of their holiday tradition, stores will be open at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving until 1 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 23, and open again on Friday morning at 7 a.m. For guests who want to score Black Friday deals but prefer to pick them up later, Order Pickup will be available for select items on Thanksgiving and Black Friday, and for the first time, Drive Up, a free, same-day service enabling guests to order in the Target app and have their items brought to their car, will be available on Black Friday.

Guests who shop Black Friday deals at Target will get an added bonus: When they spend $50 in store or online or scan the wallet feature in the Target app in stores on Friday, Nov. 23, guests will receive a coupon for 20 percent off a future holiday shopping trip, redeemable from Nov. 27 through Dec. 8.

I guess it would be an inventory nightmare, with too many smaller items, to try to do like Sam's does, and allow you to scan on your own phone.  Short of that though, checking out throughout the store sound like a great idea.

Kinda pumped about the ability to check out throughout the store. That will make things easier.

I've done something similar at the Apple Store and at Macy's. Even crazier at the Apple Store (wonder if they still have this) is that if it's under 100 bucks, I was able to scan and pay by my phone (can't remember how but it charged my apple account) without even talking to an employee.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone seen the popup checkouts yet? I don't think my Target has them. I didn't see them on Black Friday or when I was there this past weekend. My Target was a complete disaster on Sunday - palettes of stock cluttering up the aisles, bare shelves, super slow computers... I think I'm done stepping into Target until after February.