Target Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

I had never heard of a weighted blanket until a few weeks ago. I was intrigued. Now one in the ad... Hmmm... That might make it on the list! I'll get the PlayStation VR as well. And they will be the back up for the Instant Pot, Google mini, home, and hub if I'm unable to get them from Kohl's.

Wonder how early I would have to get to Target to be able to get that $199 55" 4k TV on the first page...

That is a 55" Element brand TV. Piece if junk. Best Buy will have a name brand probably 55" or better for $179 this year, maybe less. In the past they usually have Toshiba or Sharp brand for that price. That is the much better deal but often only about 12 per store so you have to be early.

Sleep in and wait for the Best Buy ad.

Agreed. Best Buy always has either Sharp or Toshiba for less. Oetso ally I get the TV every year and prefer the Sharp over Toshiba. I'll be grabbing at least 2 at my Best Buy this year.
  • Like 1

That is a 55" Element brand TV. Piece if junk. Best Buy will have a name brand probably 55" or better for $179 this year, maybe less. In the past they usually have Toshiba or Sharp brand for that price. That is the much better deal but often only about 12 per store so you have to be early.

Agreed. Best Buy always has either Sharp or Toshiba for less. Oetso ally I get the TV every year and prefer the Sharp over Toshiba. I'll be grabbing at least 2 at my Best Buy this year.

Thanks! After some thought, I'll probably get one that's available online anyways so it will be delivered and I don't have to mess with loading and unloading.
  • Like 1

What is a weighted blanket?  

It's a heavy blanket that has weights sewn into it.  It helps a wide range of issues from people who have trouble sleeping, to children with special needs or just people who find them comfortable.  My son has anxiety and has a terrible time sleeping.  The blanket calms him down.  The general rule is to buy a blanket that is 10% of your body weight.  

• Like 2

That is a 55" Element brand TV. Piece if junk.

I can't say about the 55" but I have two Element TV's and both work great for me.  There are some minor annoyances but that could be something I could have checking into if I really wanted before I bought them.  I bought a 40" for 100 bucks earlier this year and its perfect.  My older one is a 32" and its a few years old and also never had issues with.  In fact I think that one outlasted the Sanyo I had for a few years.

Nice! 

I'm expecting one tomorrow and the other not until Tuesday...…I'm at the mercy of the rural South.

i was shocked to get it and for no additional fee at that. Slow or not...if it is free I ask for 2 

Anyone think there will be a better price or a gift card for the PS4 VR??  I think I'm leaning in that direction.  

But hoping for something better than $249, that's what it was last year, I think.  

I think the GC will be the best bet unless Walmart comes out with a better set up. Have a plan for either decision and execute quickly, the PS4  deal is a hot one this year. 

I figured I would cross post this on here since the weighted blanket was a big topic:

There is also a 12 pound weighted blanket in the Kohl’s ad on page 31 lower right hand corner. It’s listed at $59.99 but I think their 15% off coupon would work on it (feel free to double check the fine print on the coupon exclusions though, I could have missed it) and then you would also get $15 Kohl’s cash for spending $50. I didn’t catch it the first time I looked through the Kohl’s ad but the Kohl’s cash ends up making it a better deal than Targets.

• Like 1

I figured I would cross post this on here since the weighted blanket was a big topic:

There is also a 12 pound weighted blanket in the Kohl’s ad on page 31 lower right hand corner. It’s listed at $59.99 but I think their 15% off coupon would work on it (feel free to double check the fine print on the coupon exclusions though, I could have missed it) and then you would also get $15 Kohl’s cash for spending $50. I didn’t catch it the first time I looked through the Kohl’s ad but the Kohl’s cash ends up making it a better deal than Targets.

I didn't even see a weighted blanket in the Kohl's ad!  Thinking of picking up another one for my son as a spare.  

I’ve never stood in line for a TV but my mother REALLY wants the $199 55” television. Anyone have a prediction on how early I’d need to be there to get a ticket for it?

I don’t think there is anything I need at Target this year, except maybe the Beats headphones.

Whatever you do, PLEASE don’t get the PowerBeats 3 Wireless ones. You have no clue how many people call into Tech Support because they stop charging.

I’ve never stood in line for a TV but my mother REALLY wants the $199 55” television. Anyone have a prediction on how early I’d need to be there to get a ticket for it?

Whatever you do, PLEASE don’t get the PowerBeats 3 Wireless ones. You have no clue how many people call into Tech Support because they stop charging.

DO NOT BUY THAT TV!!!

but if you insist, Target does not usually have a line until around noon

They will come out around an hour before and hand out tickets for what items they have them for.

I have usually gotten there around 7 am and have always been first in line.

but that TV is just not worth it. read the reviews on it. read the Q&A on the page also.

DO NOT BUY THAT TV!!!

They will come out around an hour before and hand out tickets for what items they have them for.

but that TV is just not worth it. read the reviews on it. read the Q&A on the page also.

Awesome! Thanks for that information. I’m definitely going to read up on it and let my mother know the good and the bad.

DO NOT BUY THAT TV!!!

I agree pass on the TV unless it is the best within your budget this year. Better yet save and get a better one after Christmas. 

Yes, mine have died, got a replacement and it too has died. 

Anyone think there will be a better price or a gift card for the PS4 VR?? I think I'm leaning in that direction.

But hoping for something better than $249, that's what it was last year, I think.

This sale for this is live now. I just bought this to avoid the BF fight. Red card is $12 discount. Free shipping. Edited by jewleyp