Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Cloud Storage for Music, Help!

2 replies to this topic

#1 stationchief  OFFLINE  

stationchief

Super Ultra Uber Geeky BF Mod

• 4,493 Posts
  • Member since 2005
  • Location: Phoenix, Arizona, Earth, Sol star system, Milky Way galaxy, Known universe!

Posted Oct 30, 2018 - 5:37 pm

Okay, I'll admit I need a little help. I'm looking for a good cloud storage out there for all of my favorite mp3 music (about 6 gigs worth and growing).  I want to access my music on all of my devices (Android phone and tablet as well as Windows laptop and desktop), keep everything synced while on WiFi, and be able to access it on the device while not on WiFi. Accessing my music while offline is most important. I'm willing to pay a little bit for a service if I need to.

I'm currently using Google Drive but it doesn't keep things on my device unless it uses the internal storage, which I don't have a lot of. From what I understand Google Drive on Android doesn't take advantage of media cards yet. I looked into formatting my card as internal storage but that's blocked by my phone's carrier and my tablet isn't new enough :(

One tekkie nerd to another out there somewhere... little help here?

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything." - Dr. Emmett L. Brown

#2 laddhorn  OFFLINE  

laddhorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 6, 2018 - 4:22 am

Have you looked into Amazon's cloud?  I'm not sure if it would be any better than Google Drive, though.

#3 Carazariah  OFFLINE  

Carazariah

Looking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 12, 2018 - 11:37 am

See if you can use Google Music - Drive is cumbersome if you https://play.google....listen?authuser- it lets you take your CD/MP3's autoupload them to Google - There is like a 50k track limit so it's not bound to gigabytes just the number of tracks.  Not sure how many tracks 6GB is but it might be a solution you could use.  

I even purchased Frozen and some other tracks through Google Play Music and was able to d/l them to my cellphone and play them w/o internet.  

There is a mac and Windows app that will literally auto upload your tracks every time you rip them, if you purchase through Google of course they'll auto be available.  

~The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves. ~  GW

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users