Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Tablets

4 replies to this topic

#1 Dylansmommy  OFFLINE  

Dylansmommy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Oct 27, 2018 - 8:06 am

I'm looking to purchase 3 tablets for my kids, oldest being 11.  They have broken 2 iPads already, so I'm looking to go a less expensive route.

What it will be able to do:

Rent movies since we travel a lot.

Be able to watch YouTube

Play games

Watch Netflix and Hulu

I would also like to have a 4G capability where I can buy a monthly prepaid card just for times we travel, as we will mostly be using the wi-fi from our home.

The price of the Kindle Fire is very appealing, but I've read a lot of complaints about the play store not working and I don't believe it comes with 4G.

Also, looked at the Samsung Galaxy E with 4G, also appealing price, but read that it lags.

Any recommendations??  Would like to spend around $100 each at the most.

#2 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 27, 2018 - 8:56 am

The Fire tablet or even an RCA tablet just for the kids would be good. Both you can get for about $40 on black friday and I usually get 2 and put 1 up in case it gets broken. 

#3 Dylansmommy  OFFLINE  

Dylansmommy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Oct 28, 2018 - 6:23 am

The Fire tablet or even an RCA tablet just for the kids would be good. Both you can get for about $40 on black friday and I usually get 2 and put 1 up in case it gets broken. 

Does the Fire come with 4G or just wifi?  Do you need Amazon Prime?  I just read a lot of reviews about the play store not working with the Fire.  

#4 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 28, 2018 - 6:33 am

The Amazon tablets use the Amazon store apps. There is a way to get the Play store on there, and I don't remember it being hard or not working. But then you had 2 app stores to keep up with. Amazons app catalog is pretty good, you might want to look through it and see if anything you use is missing.
Of course, if you already have invested in a lot of paid things from Play store, then that might be a little risky.

#5 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,622 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 28, 2018 - 7:28 am

moving this to the tech forum as it's more about product recommendations than strictly BF-related :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users