Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Oculus Rift

4 replies to this topic

#1 dakotadenise  OFFLINE  

dakotadenise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 24, 2018 - 11:28 am

Is this worth the money?   My 13 year old son is asking for it, but it is really at the very top of our budget and would have to be the only thing he gets for Christmas.   He says its all he wants.   Thoughts? 

#2 bluebear  ONLINE  

bluebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 24, 2018 - 11:55 am

We have one. My husband loves it, plays it all the time. Younger son (19) likes to play it when he's home from school, and it was a hit with his friends. Older son (22) plays a little.
But here's the thing. VR takes a lot of room. You move around and swing your arms a lot. So you'll want to measure your space and make sure you can accommodate it. Would be awful disappointing to get it and not have room to play.
Wanted to add... You can buy additional games through either the Oculus store or Steam. So Steam cards could be a good extra gift idea for other family members to give.

#3 bluebear  ONLINE  

bluebear

• 1,710 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 24, 2018 - 12:00 pm

Oh, also... Check the specs on your machine. It requires a fairly powerful computer.

#4 dakotadenise  OFFLINE  

dakotadenise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 25, 2018 - 7:58 am

Thanks for the reply.   He said he has tested his computer and its all good.   He would use it in his room.  Its pretty open in the middle, there is an room sized rug there with nothing on it.   I'll have to measure for sure.   How much room do you recommend?   

#5 bluebear  ONLINE  

bluebear

• 1,710 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 25, 2018 - 8:33 am

I think about 6.5 x 5 ft area is recommended.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users