New tree this year - who had good deals last year?

momlori

Definitely the tree from Home Depot. :) I think it's $79. I got in line about 5:15 am and was able to get one. (btw, if you've never done BF at Home Depot, they know now to do it. Coffee, doughnuts, and an outdoor heater!)

It was also available online the year I got mine, but I was too impatient to wait for shipping. You might could do store pickup though. It sold out online before I left at 5am to head out, so you'd want to order when it goes live.

• Like 4

I second the Home Depot tree.  I think a lot of us here have it. It's pretty, has white and multicolor lights, and you can't beat the price.  I bought one for my kids 3 years ago, and got mine 2 years ago.  We did not get there at opening, and were able to get one, so I guess it probably depends on where you live. We walked in, and they already had them loaded in baskets.

• Like 4

We've done real Christmas trees every year since our boys were 5, I think.  But, this year, I told my husband I want an artificial tree so I can use it year to year and I don't have to wait on him to go pick it up..lol.  It will also save money every year when money is the tightest. 

It looks like I will be scoping Home Depot's ad this year..lol

Definitely the tree from Home Depot. :) I think it's $79. I got in line about 5:15 am and was able to get one. (btw, if you've never done BF at Home Depot, they know now to do it. Coffee, doughnuts, and an outdoor heater!)
It was also available online the year I got mine, but I was too impatient to wait for shipping. You might could do store pickup though. It sold out online before I left at 5am to head out, so you'd want to order when it goes live.

Do you know what size it is?

• Like 1

Another rec for the Home Depot tree; it’s 7.5 feet. This will be our third year with it and I am buying another one so that I can let go of the older family room tree. It’s a great tree!

Watch out for the older women there for poinsettia’s; it can get a little rough [emoji23]

• Like 4

Another rec for the Home Depot tree; it’s 7.5 feet. This will be our third year with it and I am buying another one so that I can let go of the older family room tree. It’s a great tree!

Watch out for the older women there for poinsettia’s; it can get a little rough [emoji23]

Lol.  Those older women can definitely be dangerous.. :)

• Like 3

I know this is about artificial trees, but I will just add that Home Depot is a great place to go for real trees, too.  We used to buy at local lots in our area of Queens, New York, but have been getting our real trees from HD for some years.

Here is another tip:  Rite Aid has had a points back deal on Home Depot Gift Cards (also good at other home stores) in their special Thanksgiving/Black Friday weekend ad the past few years.  I always get the maximum $100 and use it to buy a real tree and the balance for later purchases.  You can pick them up on Thanksgiving, so you have them in hand for Black Friday.

Edited by mcwalker
  • Like 3

I know this is about artificial trees, but I will just add that Home Depot is a great place to go for real trees, too.  We used to buy at local lots in our area of Queens, New York, but have been getting our real trees from HD for some years.

Here is another tip:  Rite Aid has had a points back deal on Home Depot Gift Cards (also good at other home stores) in their special Thanksgiving/Black Friday weekend ad the past few years.  I always get the maximum $100 and use it to buy a real tree and the balance for later purchases.  You can pick them up on Thanksgiving, so you have them in hand for Black Friday.

Did not no this about rite ad. I will have to give this a shot, need to breathe life back into my budget so how. 

I agree... Home Depot is the best!

We bought our 1st artificial tree in 2013 from Home Depot BF online. 7'5" ft. Martha Stewart $79.00 with a $10.00 off coupon, bringing it to $69.00.

We've always been a "live tree" family and knew the kids were not going to take this very well. We also knew that when they went off to college, it would be difficult to do the "live tree" thing without them being home to help. We decided to go artificial, but put it up the year when our baby went to college.

We put it up- in 2015.

It had white or multicolor lights, and you couldn't beat the price.

When the kids came home for their end of semester break, the tree was up. They smelled the tree (thanks to the pine scented hanging sticks) and thought it looked gorgeous. 

It took them 24 hours to discover it wasn't real, only because they noticed the trunk wasn't thick enough when they were chilling on the sofa in the family room- and- it was the shortest tree we've ever had -we have 18' ceiling.

We donated that tree to our baby's fraternity, and purchased 2 more artificial trees from Home Depot. FYI- Dec. 26th is the best time to purchase, as all trees are a minimum of 1/2 off.

2nd tree is a 9' Martha Stewart- White lights, gorgeous. Purchased in 2015 for $99.99

3rd tree is 10' National Tree- Multi color lights, full and so realistic. Purchased in 2015 for $179.00

I think we have enough trees. And even though the kids swear that they'll never have an artificial tree when they move out and have their own home and family (my husband and I said the same thing when we were their age), they actually think the trees look-and smell- great!

• Like 1

https://m.lowes.com/pd/Holiday-Living-7-5-ft-Pre-lit-Hayden-Pine-Artificial-Christmas-Tree-with-900-Constant-White-Clear-Incandescent-Lights/1000526409

I bought this one at Lowe's last year (not on BF) and really like it. VERY full and realistic looking. I also like that it has incandescent lights...I just can't bring myself to like LED lights although I do like that you are able to switch from clear and colored lights with most of the LED prelits.

Edited by stewarta4

I always wanted to try a real tree, but I do not do bugs at all and have heard some horror stories. 

We've almost always bought from a tree farm (with the exception of maybe two years) and we've never had any trouble with bugs.  But, this year we are going to buy an artificial because it is just so expensive to buy a live tree every year just to toss out (we have a lake behind our house and always put it in there).  It has gotten hard to find the time to go get the tree over the last few years and it has ended up being mid-December before we can go.  I like to put our tree up the weekend before BF or the weekend after. :)

Just wanted to give an update on my issue with hanging garland on my vinyl fencing...DH took metal straps that are for hanging ductwork and fashioned hooks to the exact width of the fence and my desired length; they look like hooks! I am so excited and so grateful to have my own personal construction worker [emoji4]

Here’s a pic of his first prototype [emoji23]

726548db37ac3e1ba41b572a773b9825.jpg

• Like 4