Change to Coupons

Tara3117

I went to Kohl's yesterday with my 30% off coupon and bought a bunch of toys. I knew the coupon wasn't going to work on the Fingerlings I got, but it also didn't work on the Play-Doh I bought either. I only got 15% off of those. The cashier said that they changed the rules once they got Legos that no toys are eligible for coupons. I'm not sure how I got 15% off the Play-Doh. Thought I would pass this along because sometimes it's better to do your shopping with the 30% off instead of waiting for BF, but not so much with toys anymore.

I noticed in the toy book Brad posted on the site that it said toys weren't eligible for coupons, and that most of the toys said +extra 15% off beside them, so I guess it's a current promo.  I also noticed when I was getting some toys last week, but just figured it was that particular brand.  I didn't realize it was all toys forever.  Interesting.  Thanks for pointing it out.  Hopefully they will have some comparable promos and deals for holiday shopping.  If not, I either wont buy as many toys (which is probably a good thing!), or I will save those to spend my kohls cash on after Thanksgiving.  I always end up with a lot, and nothing to spend it on since I bought everything I wanted during Thanksgiving sale.

Husband just had a good point.  With TRU gone, they could have more of the market, and toys must not have too high markup or TRU might have been doing better.  Also, with TRU gone, that's probably the reason they brought on Legos.  Lego needed more places to sell to.

Edited by bluebear

One of the only reasons I bought toys at kohls was the ability to use the coupon and to get kohls cash . I think their prices are too high compared to other brick and mortar stores or online on a regular basis I have 10 grandbabies and number 11 due in March I need toy deals
  • Like 2

I went to Kohl's yesterday with my 30% off coupon and bought a bunch of toys. I knew the coupon wasn't going to work on the Fingerlings I got, but it also didn't work on the Play-Doh I bought either. I only got 15% off of those. The cashier said that they changed the rules once they got Legos that no toys are eligible for coupons. I'm not sure how I got 15% off the Play-Doh. Thought I would pass this along because sometimes it's better to do your shopping with the 30% off instead of waiting for BF, but not so much with toys anymore.

Thanks for the heads up!

I noticed in the toy book Brad posted on the site that it said toys weren't eligible for coupons, and that most of the toys said +extra 15% off beside them, so I guess it's a current promo. I also noticed when I was getting some toys last week, but just figured it was that particular brand. I didn't realize it was all toys forever. Interesting. Thanks for pointing it out. Hopefully they will have some comparable promos and deals for holiday shopping. If not, I either wont buy as many toys (which is probably a good thing!), or I will save those to spend my kohls cash on after Thanksgiving. I always end up with a lot, and nothing to spend it on since I bought everything I wanted during Thanksgiving sale.

Husband just had a good point. With TRU gone, they could have more of the market, and toys must not have too high markup or TRU might have been doing better. Also, with TRU gone, that's probably the reason they brought on Legos. Lego needed more places to sell to.

With Sears and Kmart stores closing.....Toys have few places to be sold at.

• 2 weeks later...