Toys ‘R’ Us plans to revive brand

speeddiva

Sounds like it could be a situation similar to Bon-Ton where they eventually launch a new web site using the old name and trademarks and then open a handful of physical stores in locations where they are certain they can make money.

Could be, I also read an article that with their closing some of the toy manufacturers are not getting the sales they expect which goes to show if you don't kill the company with HORRIBLE blood sucking financing terms then they can still make money.

This is wonderful, but yes.....how can a giant like this close and the repercussions not be felt across the entire industry. Who did they think was going to buy there products and sale them to the masses. Walmart and target only has so much self space. 

• Like 2

Omg! This is exciting news! What I thought was going to be the first holiday season without TRU may not be that way at all

I heard it is not going to be called TRU but Geoffrey toys or something like that. I wonder if the concept or vision will change ? 

Why would they change the name of it when part of what they own is the name? I think the holding company is called Geoffrey, I hope they don't do away with the real TRU name.

That's the way I interpreted it as well. The holding company, Geoffrey, LLC will keep the TRU and BRU brand names. 

I still have my fingers crossed for a Big Toy Book ...I know, I know, A LOT  of wishful thinking on my part lol

Edited by mommyofanangelb
  • Like 2

Sounded to me like they were going to bring a Geoffrey's Toy Box aisle to Target that would have the propriety brands (Imaginarium, Koala etc) but wouldn't be doing their own story this year. I guess the future remains to be seen. I'd love to see their stores come back because I really liked their events (birthday celebrations etc).

It will be interesting to see how much of the toy market will be left by the time they get around to reviving Toys ‘R’ Us. I was at Michael’s today and they had expanded their kids/toy section by 3 aisles to get in on the action. They were still setting it up but they clearly want a piece of the pie

9e438243f9724791c70542202879d669.jpg

• Like 1

Michael's also launched a new website as well, michaelskids.com I believe. They are (were) running specials when it launched last week or the week before, and I had a coupon print out at the register. I think though the websites are still linked and attached.
  • Like 1

Michael's also launched a new website as well, michaelskids.com I believe. They are (were) running specials when it launched last week or the week before, and I had a coupon print out at the register. I think though the websites are still linked and attached.

I wonder if you can use the coupons on it 

Well, if Michaels Kids is going to compete, they better LOWER their prices!  YIKES!  I was just casually looking at items and noticed that the Barbie Dreamhouse that is $199 and on sale for $179 at MULTIPLE stores is $265!!!  No coupon is allowed either other then the $10 off a purchase of $40 or more! 

Well, if Michaels Kids is going to compete, they better LOWER their prices!  YIKES!  I was just casually looking at items and noticed that the Barbie Dreamhouse that is $199 and on sale for $179 at MULTIPLE stores is $265!!!  No coupon is allowed either other then the $10 off a purchase of $40 or more! 

ummmmmmm. NO ! They can not get any business with that set up...... They better come up with some killer coupons to

• 3 weeks later...

Kroger announced on Friday that it will bring Geoffrey's Toy Box displays to hundreds of participating stores around the country this holiday season. Geoffrey's Toy Box will hit stores in November and offer nearly three dozen different toys that were exclusive to Toys "R" Us.

The product list released by Kroger included dolls, toy power tools, toy dinosaurs, a telescope, a microscope, a dollhouse and a chemistry set, among others. Brands included Animal Zone, Imaginarium, Journey Girls, Edu Science and others.

Kroger's nearly 600 participating stores include Kroger, Ralph's, Fred Meyer, Kings and Fry's stores in the Southeast, Midwest and western United States.

Geoffrey's Toy Box is the latest attempt at bringing the beloved yet bankrupt Toys "R" Us brand back to life. After the chain shuttered its stores over the summer, investor-led Geoffrey LLC obtained intellectual property formerly belonging to Toys "R" Us and Babies "R" Us, including approximately two dozen toy brands. The company said in October that it was exploring how best to "bring back these iconic brands in a new and re-imagined way" including international licensing and franchise deals.