Apple iPhone deals - what has the history been on Black Friday?

Peppermint

Here are last year's deals:

Best Buy - Apple iPhone 6s Starting at $9.99 a Month (with Qualified Activation) - 0 - OFFER,
Best Buy - Apple iPhone 8 (Save up to $200 with Qualified Activation) - 0 - OFFER,
Best Buy - Apple iPhone 8 Plus (Save up to $200 with Qualified Activation) - 0 - OFFER

Sam's Club - Apple iPhones (Details Available 11/15) - 0 - SALE,

Target - Apple iPhone SE 32GB Total Wireless Prepaid Phone - 99.99 

Target - Free $250 Gift Card with iPhone 8/8 Plus Activation - 0 - FREE,

Walmart - Apple iPhone 6 32GB for Straight Talk Wireless - 129
Walmart - Apple iPhone SE 32GB for Walmart Family Mobile - 99 

As you can see, not great. Probably some kind of gift card if you go for the installment plan WITH a provider. I would love to see if by some miracle there's a deal on an unlocked phone.

• Like 1

Sam's usually has some good deals on them. Check back in the archives and you should be able to find them. I've never bought one on BF we usually pre-order ours as we did this year.

Sam's actually had their deal over Veterans Day. That's when we got our iphone 8 plus. There was a huge Sams Club gift card for each one. I don't think the price of the phone was any different, but the $300 gift card for each one helped lessen the pain.

• Like 1

Sam's actually had their deal over Veterans Day. That's when we got our iphone 8 plus. There was a huge Sams Club gift card for each one. I don't think the price of the phone was any different, but the $300 gift card for each one helped lessen the pain.

That's what I've found also. Last year I tried to pick up the iPad Pro deal they had for BF but by the time I got there they were all gone.

• Like 1

No one wants to sell you the phone anymore - they want to lease it to you. Then when the new one comes out - you get the new one. I hate it.

The option to outright buy the phone is always there; you won’t see a discount or gift card for doing so though. Even if your phone provider doesn’t want to sell it that way, you can always go through Apple.

• Like 2

The option to outright buy the phone is always there; you won’t see a discount or gift card for doing so though. Even if your phone provider doesn’t want to sell it that way, you can always go through Apple.

True - my kid just switch carriers and they gave them a buy one get one free deal on the new iPhone. 

• Like 2

I’ve got the 7 but wanted to upgrade to the X. I wouldn’t be opposed to switching carriers for a B1G1. I really don’t want to lease either. [emoji853]

That's my whole thing too, Peppermint. I don't want to lease my phone. Hate that so many deals are contingent on leases now.  :yuck:

• Like 2

Last years deals were mostly a snooze fest. The year before verizon offered the best deals on new phones. No trade ins required, no b1g1 etc. Will probably never happen again.

That’s what we got. Practically got our phones for free after our trades. Hoping they do something! Edited by Peppermint
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reminder, one of ours is having issues.  Was thinking of just upgrading it, will wait to see if they have this sale again this year.

I’m looking to upgrade DD16’s iPhone..she currently has the SE from Walmart that was $99 last year. She wants a bigger screen.

I'm in the same boat. DS has SE now but wanting bigger screen, but we used tracfone and you have to stay for a year before it unlocks. we're about there and my DD will get the "hand me down" phone.

That's what I've found also. Last year I tried to pick up the iPad Pro deal they had for BF but by the time I got there they were all gone.

my mistake wrong flier

Edited by Kash

I got the Veteran's Day sale flier for this year last night and I don't see any phones :(

Could you have actually received their holiday mailer that covers the next month or so? It’s a little early for the Veterans Day flier plus Brad posted the flier I mentioned and they actually show phones as a highlight of the one day sale coming that weekend. I’m away this weekend so I won’t get to see my mail until next week:

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat. DS has SE now but wanting bigger screen, but we used tracfone and you have to stay for a year before it unlocks. we're about there and my DD will get the "hand me down" phone.

Yup, same here. She has simple mobile service and has to stay for a year. Christmas Eve or Christmas Day will mark a year. I’ll have to call customer service and see how this works. Wondering if I get the newer phone and activate on the one year mark, will that be ok? I don’t want to have to go through having the new phone locked for a year and getting a whole new number.

Anyone have experience with this? TIA

Could you have actually received their holiday mailer that covers the next month or so? It’s a little early for the Veterans Day flier plus Brad posted the flier I mentioned and they actually show phones as a highlight of the one day sale coming that weekend. I’m away this weekend so I won’t get to see my mail until next week:

you are correct... thank you.  pg 3 says 1 day only sale talking about Veteran's day and I mistakenly thought it was this whole ad.  THANK YOU for making me look again. 

• Like 1