Secret Santa 2018 Official Discussion Thread

Bopeep

'Tis the last official day to sign up.  I won't get the names out until Saturday, so stragglers will have a couple extra days but if you're already here, PLEASE DON'T WAIT. :)

The last couple years, I've been able to switch things around and allow late comers, but it does cause some confusion.  I especially only want to send out 1 cards list this year.  (Having said all that, I hate the thought of anyone missing out so I guess we'll just see how it goes).

Oh it is really happening...yipppeeee

We might break an attendance record at this pace. 

Here is what participation looked like the last few years:

2017 - SS 31, OE 14, Cards 15

2016 - SS 30, OE 15, Cards 12

2015 - SS 33, OE 16, Cards 11

2014 - SS 34, OE 19, Cards 12

2013 - SS 33, OE 19, Cards 13

2012 - SS 46, OE 28, Cards 21

2011 - SS 44, OE 33, Cards 27

I just looked ....39 right now we at least improved over the past 5 years.  

• Like 7

I know I've already asked you all to do this, but please check the lists.  I don't want to miss anyone, or sign anyone up for something they don't want to participate in :).

Great participation this year! I'm so excited!!!

• Like 4

For those doing Secret Santa - see if you have a Penzey's Spice store in your area.  If you do, sign up for the email list.   they often run freebie specials, some require a purchase, and some do not.  They normally do $1.00 spice specials each month.  I found out about this company after the Women's March, the owner is progressive and doesn't have a problem sharing his political views.  So you either love him, or you don't.  Right now, they are offering Turkish Oregano and their Bavarian seasoning for $1.00 for a 1/4 cup jar.  They are also offering their "I will vote Kind" box of spices for only $6 (normally $19.95).  You will also get a free 1/2 cup jar of chili seasoning with a $5 purchase.  You can also check them out on Facebook to see what specials they are running too!

https://www.penzeys.com/

Trying to help my fellow GottaDealers the most bang for their buck !!!

• Like 5

give me someone who wants a Kohl's throw..... I happened to have gotten an extra or two or so today :)

Lord, ain't this the truth!  I got an extra two, or three......maybe even 4.   :sidesplit

But my excuse is that I had to walk by the bin of them on my way to Customer Service to pick up my orders for the first round.  :)   

• Like 5

Got my SS and ornament names so excited! Kohls has cute ornaments on sale plus I used my Kohls cash and a gift card i got for doing mypoint.com. Woohoo I have 40.00 with those so i got my daughter 2 really cute plagues to hang on her walls and then 2 adorable ornaments for my ornament buddy and spent 1.16 My kinda shopping.

• Like 1

For those doing Secret Santa - see if you have a Penzey's Spice store in your area.  If you do, sign up for the email list.   they often run freebie specials, some require a purchase, and some do not.  They normally do $1.00 spice specials each month.  I found out about this company after the Women's March, the owner is progressive and doesn't have a problem sharing his political views.  So you either love him, or you don't.  Right now, they are offering Turkish Oregano and their Bavarian seasoning for $1.00 for a 1/4 cup jar.  They are also offering their "I will vote Kind" box of spices for only $6 (normally $19.95).  You will also get a free 1/2 cup jar of chili seasoning with a $5 purchase.  You can also check them out on Facebook to see what specials they are running too!

https://www.penzeys.com/

Trying to help my fellow GottaDealers the most bang for their buck !!!

Thanks for the heads up!  Didn't even know about this place and I am in Raleigh!  Yay!

• Like 1