Secret Santa 2018 Official Discussion Thread

Bopeep

Was hoping to shit out this past weekend but I think I need to pick up a few more things for my SS having trouble finding her favorite candy. Lol

LOL....I know what you meant but boy I cant stop laughing . 

I am aiming for this weekend as well to ship out. Hopefully I will get everything I need this week and can call Comet and Blitzen to deliver it. 

• Like 4

oooh  cards are arriving!   Mom is real happy and is hanging them on her door frame where she can see them.

I think I missed it, but when is the deadline to ship things out?   I am waiting for an item to arrive by mail.   I will have my packaged shipped before Christmas for sure,  but I know the deadline is earlier.  ;D

oooh  cards are arriving!   Mom is real happy and is hanging them on her door frame where she can see them.

I think I missed it, but when is the deadline to ship things out?   I am waiting for an item to arrive by mail.   I will have my packaged shipped before Christmas for sure,  but I know the deadline is earlier.  ;D

I believe the 8th of December at least that's what I think I read somewhere.

I will be pushing the deadline...ordered another gift yesterday and it said it will be here between the 29th and the 6th.  So if it is the later I can't mail mine out till the 7th.

Was hoping to shit out this past weekend but I think I need to pick up a few more things for my SS having trouble finding her favorite candy. Lol

I just laughed out loud at work! Man I love a good typo and that was just what I needed today. :)

The last thing I was waiting on for my SS was delivered last night so now to get everything ready and shipped out by the end of the week!

Edited by HanShotFirst
  • Like 2

I feel bad for whoever got me.  I really do the Secret Santa because I love the buying of the gifts for someone else.  I really don't need anything for me.  :(

Hoping to do cards over the weekend!

So, I went back and read your list. I think you gave plenty of information and your Santa shouldn't have any trouble :).

• Like 2

I will be cutting it close this year. I have most everything bought but my son was admitted to the hospital last night for a few days. So I’m out of commission until we are freed

Oof... Son first. Whoever your SS is will certainly understand if there is a delay. Praying he is OK and gets to come home soon. 

• Like 2

Just brought in the mail and my Secret Santa box is here! I was going to wait but couldn't! I opened the box and found a couple boxes of yummy chocolate and some wrapped gifts. Okay, I just might wait to open the wrapped ones. Who am I kidding?! They'll be opened before the end of the night, I can almost guarantee!

EDITED TO ADD: Alright, so 10 minutes after I posted the above, the gifts were just sitting there staring at me, daring me to open them! I knew I couldn't hold out! THANK YOU, Secret Santa, for the amazing Kohl's Big One throw with all my favorite colors (now I see what all the fuss is about! It's soooo soft and a great size!) and the 2 different eos hand lotions! They smell great and, working in the school cafeteria where I'm washing my hands countless times a day, they really will come in handy, as will the 2 boxes of chocolate. You really do know what I like! Thank you so much! Your gifts are perfect! :gdinlove:

Edited by ilikefree
  • Like 5

Thanks so much we are hoping we won’t be here too long.

We'll be praying.

Question - does anyone find it helpful for the names on the list on page 1 to be linked to the post where the gift was received?  If anyone uses that, I will certainly do it again this year. But if not, I'm not going to mess with it :).

Thank you so much cjdav1! I love everything. I received this week and tried to wait to open but failed miserably. I'm glad I did because I can't wait to use the spoons and spatula for baking Christmas cookies and can't wait to wrap presents wearing the cozy socks. Thank you again!post-163278-15436241832059_thumb.jpeg
  • Like 6

Well, I had planned to get my SS package mailed yesterday but the crud thought otherwise.  Came down with round 2 of the mess and never left the house yesterday. I'm so sick of being sick.  Seems that everyone has it here so I guess it's not surprising since I'm not sure I ever got completely well from round 1 over Halloween.