Most Wanted Gift

jesusluvu

QVC and their easy pays get me in so much trouble!  LOL     :)

I also love VB cosmetic travel bags.  They are expensive to me but well worth the money.  Mine have been put through the ringer and have help up quite well.  That would be a nice little compliment to the weekender bag for your daughter if you decide to get the bag for her.  VB site usually has fairly good sales and some even with free shipping with no minimum purchase throughout the year but especially during the holiday season.  

I get into trouble with QVC every year around this time...I think I will look into trying to get her a complete matching VB travel set...

• Like 2

QVC and their easy pays get me in so much trouble!  LOL     :)

I also love VB cosmetic travel bags.  They are expensive to me but well worth the money.  Mine have been put through the ringer and have help up quite well.  That would be a nice little compliment to the weekender bag for your daughter if you decide to get the bag for her.  VB site usually has fairly good sales and some even with free shipping with no minimum purchase throughout the year but especially during the holiday season.  

QVC is an addiction for me. It is so easy to justify the cost once it is broken up. I do all of my co-workers/reports and my DW team ornaments from there every year. Always on easy pay and some of my most expensive things I may get from there especially in a time crunch and they do the guarantee by Christmas. They was a life saver last year and it even delivered on a Sunday. Love Love Love QVC 

• Like 3

QVC is an addiction for me. It is so easy to justify the cost once it is broken up. I do all of my co-workers/reports and my DW team ornaments from there every year. Always on easy pay and some of my most expensive things I may get from there especially in a time crunch and they do the guarantee by Christmas. They was a life saver last year and it even delivered on a Sunday. Love Love Love QVC 

Absolutely agree with all of this, lol...I have been ordering Christmas gifts from QVC since my kids were younger...have no plans to order anything this year, but I'm sure I will see a TSV or something I just "need"...

I’m struggling with gift ideas as well...my oldest son will be 18 next month so he works and has his own money and buys everything he wants with money saved. He just bought a gaming pc and I heard him mention a graphics card BUT I have no idea what that is lol so maybe that’s an option or those Apple Ear pods. Lately I’m just listening to things they talk about with video games and making mental notes.
  • Like 3

I’m struggling with gift ideas as well...my oldest son will be 18 next month so he works and has his own money and buys everything he wants with money saved. He just bought a gaming pc and I heard him mention a graphics card BUT I have no idea what that is lol so maybe that’s an option or those Apple Ear pods. Lately I’m just listening to things they talk about with video games and making mental notes.

I understand. I am trying whatever I can as well. I love the forums because it is always something I forget about or that will just hit me and I can go get that item or start thinking on a different train of thought for a gift. Boy I miss the simple times when Baby Alive dolls was all I needed and they would be thrilled. The simple times

• Like 2

If he's just bought a gaming PC and he's still looking at a dedicated graphics card, he's likely going to be very particular about which one he gets. These are rarely cheap buys (cheapest one on Newegg right now, for example, is almost $200), so unless you hear him get into specifics, I would recommend going in a different direction gift-wise. 

Edited by wittenlover

Unless you know what he want's it's hard to say on the video card. You would need to know what company's chipset he wants nVidia or AMD, then what series of card he wants. You can have a price range from a couple hundred dollars for a decent GPU to in excess of a thousand for a high end.

• Like 1

So I started perusing last years ads and have decided I want new dishes and pots and pans (because my 18 y/o son has just about destroyed the set I bought my self last year)...I like the Pioneer Woman line so I will put that on my list this year...

Edited by tracy0504
  • Like 2

So I started perusing last years ads and have decided I want new dishes and pots and pans (because my 18 y/o son has just about destroyed the set I bought my self last year)...I like the Pioneer Woman line so I will put that on my list this year...

I wonder if my mom would like some new ones as well. She got a new house last year and I am not sure if she upgraded or not 

Just got a wonderful idea for a gift. A throw, Hot chocolate and candy. If I add a gift card and fuzzy socks the young girls would love this. They called is a WELLNESS Gift, I believe. 

This is a great gift idea, especially when you catch the throws on sale, if you have several people to gift...I may keep this one in mind for some of the ladies at my church (depending on budget)...

• Like 2

This is a great gift idea, especially when you catch the throws on sale, if you have several people to gift...I may keep this one in mind for some of the ladies at my church (depending on budget)...

Yes, It is a duplicate type gift that everyone would love. 

• Like 1

I want the entire Poldark book series. Not that my fam will ever get it for me. I bet they wouldn’t even know where to look ..... I would even take a gift card so that I could do it myself..... and I despise gift cards. Lol
  • Like 1

I want the entire Poldark book series. Not that my fam will ever get it for me. I bet they wouldn’t even know where to look ..... I would even take a gift card so that I could do it myself..... and I despise gift cards. Lol

Never thought about a book series, you could even set it up to have 1 delivered every month.... Interesting 

• Like 1

Never thought about a book series, you could even set it up to have 1 delivered every month.... Interesting 

Ooh, A book of the month club!!!! Do they still sell Highlights for kids, maybe a subscription for school age children would be a good idea ( I use to like to read these myself when my kids were younger)...

• Like 1

This is going to sound cliche, and not really going to be helpful to you, but I just want to be thought of.  My favorite gift last year was one I didn't get. My daughter in law took the time to go online and look up weighted blankets. I would love to have one, and she knows it, and she did some research. Now, it turned out she couldn't find one she could afford. But the fact that she put thought into it made me cry. I honestly don't even remember what I ended up getting from them, but I'll always remember that she thought of me.  I raised (and spoiled) 2 boys, and I just never get that out of any of them.

I looked into them once for my special needs boy who doesn't sleep at night (which causes me to lose sleep).  When I looked, I looked on ebay...depending on the weight you want it to be they seem to range from $50 to $200. 

• 2 weeks later...

I looked into them once for my special needs boy who doesn't sleep at night (which causes me to lose sleep). When I looked, I looked on ebay...depending on the weight you want it to be they seem to range from $50 to $200.

Bought one for my DD16 for her birthday from Costco. Under $100 for one that sells for much more on Amazon. She loves it

• Like 2

If you know anyone who sews, weighted blankets are fairly inexpensive to make. You just need to buy fleece (on sale of course), weighted poly-fil and regular poly-fil if you want to make it poofy. My mom made one for my son. She just triple-stitched the rows and columns and then we used a food scale to weigh out the amount of poly-fil and put in a handful of fluff and stitch it up again. It's time consuming, but not super expensive. Her regular sewing machine was able to handle it all - we didn't need special equipment. It really helped my older son settle at night. My younger son hates blankets, so it's not working for him as well. :-)

• Like 2

When we're done house building (next year!) I plan on getting the PW set. If it's available on BF next year I'm going to try for it but that section was NUTS at my Wal-Mart last year. It was crazier then toys and electronics apparently. I hightailed myself away when I saw how many people were waiting around the pots and pans. There were 40 sets and well over 100 people waiting, some since noon or earlier.

• Like 2

When we're done house building (next year!) I plan on getting the PW set. If it's available on BF next year I'm going to try for it but that section was NUTS at my Wal-Mart last year. It was crazier then toys and electronics apparently. I hightailed myself away when I saw how many people were waiting around the pots and pans. There were 40 sets and well over 100 people waiting, some since noon or earlier.

Well, the Wal Mart we went to last year was amazing...it was our first year going to this particular one for BF and it wasn't over crowded when we first got there, I was able to walk through the store and pick up everything I wanted without cart traffic jams and jump in a line and wait until the registers opened up...hopefully you will be able to get a set next year or maybe drop a hint to a family member as a most wanted gift...

• Like 3

Well, the Wal Mart we went to last year was amazing...it was our first year going to this particular one for BF and it wasn't over crowded when we first got there, I was able to walk through the store and pick up everything I wanted without cart traffic jams and jump in a line and wait until the registers opened up...hopefully you will be able to get a set next year or maybe drop a hint to a family member as a most wanted gift...

I might need to come where you are at. Pots and Pan set for my mom just might work, but her thoughts is a gIft should be just for that person and not something she has to use for everyone else...vacuum cleaner etc, but she bought me one last year and I was not sure how to take it. Do I not clean enough or did you really think I needed a new one ( I dd need one though - LOL ) But her set is old and she really might like one. Pioneer Woman does have some nice things 

• Like 1

If you know anyone who sews, weighted blankets are fairly inexpensive to make. You just need to buy fleece (on sale of course), weighted poly-fil and regular poly-fil if you want to make it poofy. My mom made one for my son. She just triple-stitched the rows and columns and then we used a food scale to weigh out the amount of poly-fil and put in a handful of fluff and stitch it up again. It's time consuming, but not super expensive. Her regular sewing machine was able to handle it all - we didn't need special equipment. It really helped my older son settle at night. My younger son hates blankets, so it's not working for him as well. :-)

I have noticed a lot of people starting to make everything from dresses to car covers. It is something that will always be unique and personal. Not sure who may want one but it is something to ponder on. 

Im having an issue with my husbands children. All are grown in their lates 20's or early 30's. Oldest and youngest are married with children. Middle isnt, but all 3 have decent jobs and do really well financially. Its a struggle. I know the youngest and his wife will be easier as they enjoy date night so I'm going to do a whole night of gift cards for them. A movie one to go see a movie plus extra for popcorn etc, then a goft card for their favorite resturant and even one for some ice cream after. This way they wont have to spend a dime and will have fun. My issue is the other 2. The oldest who is married well his wife is a home body. She seriously never leaves the house. He does the grocery shopping and everything gets ordered through amazon or walmart. The middle son well since he is single has everything i mean everything you can think of. I hate to do gift cards for them but at a loss of what else to do.

Im having an issue with my husbands children. All are grown in their lates 20's or early 30's. Oldest and youngest are married with children. Middle isnt, but all 3 have decent jobs and do really well financially. Its a struggle. I know the youngest and his wife will be easier as they enjoy date night so I'm going to do a whole night of gift cards for them. A movie one to go see a movie plus extra for popcorn etc, then a goft card for their favorite resturant and even one for some ice cream after. This way they wont have to spend a dime and will have fun. My issue is the other 2. The oldest who is married well his wife is a home body. She seriously never leaves the house. He does the grocery shopping and everything gets ordered through amazon or walmart. The middle son well since he is single has everything i mean everything you can think of. I hate to do gift cards for them but at a loss of what else to do.

My inLaws are the same way. They have everything and do what ever they want. So what I have started doing was buying experience. Shows, concerts, Fancy car driving experience, just something they would not normally do but that they may enjoy. 

• Like 3

Last year, my niece called me from the deer woods (Ha!) on Thanksgiving day to ask me if I could, but don't go out of your way to pick up the PW dishes in red.  I hung up with her, went to the Walmart app on my phone, and ordered the dishes. This was hours (of course) after their online sale went live so I wasn't sure they'd still be available, but I had no problem.  Also, our Walmart still had a big stack of them later in the day.  Now, that was the dinnerware.  I don't know if the pots and pans were more popular.

Wow, this is a tough one... but I came up with a few ideas...

One thing I can think of for the oldest son/wife is an overnight stay/weekend getaway at a nice hotel  in a Jacuzzi suite and meal voucher, or maybe a bed and breakfast, or in a cabin with a fireplace...they can order room service or cook and just enjoy each other's company... 

For the middle son, I would pick an activity he likes or his fave sports team and buy 2 tickets (really good seats would be a plus) to a game (home or away)...or maybe there's an upcoming spring/summer concert within 100 miles of where he lives that you know he would enjoy, purchase the tickets along with dinner vouchers (or a hotel stay if need be)...

Also, for the two that have children I would include coupons for "bonus" hours/days/nights/weekends of babysitting!!!! Even if the don't go anywhere it's always nice to have a little "me" time without your "mini"... or even a couple coupons that have you doing the grocery shopping as long as they provide the list...or how about a spring cleaning from a professional service or maybe once a month cleaning for 6 months...

Wow, this is a tough one... but I came up with a few ideas...

One thing I can think of for the oldest son/wife is an overnight stay/weekend getaway at a nice hotel in a Jacuzzi suite and meal voucher, or maybe a bed and breakfast, or in a cabin with a fireplace...they can order room service or cook and just enjoy each other's company...

For the middle son, I would pick an activity he likes or his fave sports team and buy 2 tickets (really good seats would be a plus) to a game (home or away)...or maybe there's an upcoming spring/summer concert within 100 miles of where he lives that you know he would enjoy, purchase the tickets along with dinner vouchers (or a hotel stay if need be)...

Also, for the two that have children I would include coupons for "bonus" hours/days/nights/weekends of babysitting!!!! Even if the don't go anywhere it's always nice to have a little "me" time without your "mini"... or even a couple coupons that have you doing the grocery shopping as long as they provide the list...or how about a spring cleaning from a professional service or maybe once a month cleaning for 6 months...

Thank u! Those r awesome. The cleaning service one is def an awesome idea. I think I’m gonna do that one for sure

• Like 1