Discuss Black Friday and Win Prizes [Winners Posted]

Brad

Kanyon, what I mean is that they don't want to wait until Thanksgiving. :) My guess is they won't make it into October. I think they were waiting to see if there are any price changes to the existing model once the new ones are announced today.

Ah now I understand. I'm all about saving so I look and wait and wait and look. :sidesplit

I may see what deals there are on the new one this year to replace the 1st gen I got her. I like a lot of the new features announced yesterday.

• Like 1

I was saying something looks different the other day but thought it was just me but the site has changed .

What’s different? I use my cell 90% of the time....I don’t usually start using my computer to log in until beginning of November. But I did go on at work last week and I can’t say I noticed anything different

One store off the BF list...

This would probably make a good topic.  I keep track of my spending and it's not difficult to figure out where my money goes.  Not really a Black Friday thing as those purchases tend to be of opportunity -- I chase good deals promoted on sites like this rather than following my usual processes.

For 2018, the GE Appliance Store is my top retailer followed by Amazon, Kohls, Walmart (mostly because I had two $300 gift cards from last BF), and Lowes.  Amazon and Walmart actually included significant grocery sales.  Best Buy, Staples, Home Depot, any of the warehouse stores, Newegg, Bed Bath and Beyond, JCP, and Target have all but fallen off my charts.  More recently, Walmart, Amazon, and Lowes are getting none of my money. 

My spending has changed so dramatically that I have refreshed my credit cards to maximize my cash back.  For the last 30 years, most of my spending has been via Discover Card.  Right now, that is down 75% as I shift purchases to Amazon, Kohls, Paypal, and Ally Bank cards.

• Like 1