Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Instant Pot - will they be cheaper on Black Friday?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#31 Bopeep  ONLINE  

Bopeep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 14, 2018 - 11:46 am

I was just coming here to link to the QVC tsv Instant Pot.  The only thing is, I have no idea if their price of $79.96 (plus 7.50 s&h) is good or not, because I can't find the same one anywhere else I looked.  Sometimes QVC puts out some awesome deals, and sometimes they just want you to think they do :).

And, yep, Christmas in July almost broke me. Between QVC and Amazon Prime Day. LOL

#32 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Sep 14, 2018 - 4:45 pm

Sounds like an odd flavor combo there but... Whatever works for ya...  :tongue1: lol (Yes, I know, at separate times. Just feeling silly this morning!)

Bah ha ha!  

King Ranch Chicken on tap for my Pot tomorrow.  :)

#33 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Sep 14, 2018 - 5:31 pm

I was just coming here to link to the QVC tsv Instant Pot.  The only thing is, I have no idea if their price of $79.96 (plus 7.50 s&h) is good or not, because I can't find the same one anywhere else I looked.  Sometimes QVC puts out some awesome deals, and sometimes they just want you to think they do :).

And, yep, Christmas in July almost broke me. Between QVC and Amazon Prime Day. LOL

Hard to say is right.  I have two of the Duo Models.  Looks like the Viva has 3 more settings over the Duo but honestly I've never once used a setting on either of mine other than the Pressure Cook, Saute setting and rarely the Yogurt setting.  I think all the other settings are just preset times Instant Pot has determined to be the best times for the different foods.  Many folks on a Facebook group I belong to use the preset buttons and the others of use just use the Pressure Cook button so that is a personal choice.  I learned by using the Pressure Cook button so that's what I stick to since most of the recipes I use just say to cook on High Pressure for "X" amount of minutes.  

I paid $54 for my Duo 3 qt. at Kohls with coupons and Kohl's Cash.  I think I paid around $65-$70 for my Duo 6 qt.  With the exception of the mitts and the recipe book, all the accessories that QVC pictures came with both of my Duo models.  I think the Duo models will be cheaper on BF but the QVC deal seems to be an ok deal especially if you want colors. 

For those that are even remotely interested in making yogurt I would highly suggest getting at minimum a Duo model because it has a yogurt setting and the Lux models do not.  Making yogurt is an easy process with the Yogurt setting and the people on my Facebook group rave about it.  I've made it twice but I'm just not a huge yogurt fan anyway.  

So anyway, If I didn't already have two sizes of Pots I'd jump on this deal just to get a red one!  :)

#34 Elmck  OFFLINE  

Elmck

• 1,839 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Sep 19, 2018 - 5:16 am

Just learned that DIL wants one of these too well this or a vacuum

#35 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Sep 19, 2018 - 6:04 am

Just learned that DIL wants one of these too well this or a vacuum

Get her both!  :) 

The IPs will definitely be everywhere and a great deal.  Vacuums too.  I got my Shark at Kohls during their huge Veteran's Day weekend sale two years ago,  I love it. 

#36 racerfan  ONLINE  

racerfan

• 3,966 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 3, 2018 - 9:26 pm

I am looking to get one this year. What size would those who have one recommend?  Thanks

#37 tracy0504  OFFLINE  

tracy0504

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Oct 4, 2018 - 6:11 am

Perusing the BF ads from last year, a 6qt. Instant Pot was $49 at Wal Mart... I'm thinking we will see a similar price this year...OAN, this is my 500th post!!!! :trampolin

#38 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,390 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 4, 2018 - 6:24 am

We got the 6 quart Instant Pot and it seems to be a pretty good size. We bought it for like $58 during the amazon prime days sales.

#39 racerfan  ONLINE  

racerfan

• 3,966 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 4, 2018 - 1:10 pm

We got the 6 quart Instant Pot and it seems to be a pretty good size. We bought it for like $58 during the amazon prime days sales.

#40 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Oct 5, 2018 - 8:25 am

I am looking to get one this year. What size would those who have one recommend?  Thanks

I have the 6 qt as well. I would say it depends on how many you will be cooking for and if you like leftovers. The 8 qt is a behemoth. LOL.
Storage was an issue for me so I started with a 3 qt but ended up with wanting a 6 qt too. I only cook for me.

#41 jaymacfla  OFFLINE  

jaymacfla

President, Black Friday Vacationers

• 1,787 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 2, 2018 - 7:17 am

Oh I'd kill for enough space to use a portable island. I semi-jokingly refer to my kitchen as a "one-butt kitchen" because that's about all that can fit in my kitchen at a time... lol

We are beyond the
island phase. We now have a she shed.

#42 Chuck Stank  OFFLINE  

Chuck Stank

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 3, 2018 - 12:43 pm

Sounds like I need to get one of these.

#43 Kash  OFFLINE  

Kash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Nov 4, 2018 - 2:22 pm

ok I am seeing "crock pot" and other brands that have fast cooker advertisement.  Are these similar to instant pots or would you guys who have one suggest staying with the actual instant pot ?

#44 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Nov 4, 2018 - 3:23 pm

ok I am seeing "crock pot" and other brands that have fast cooker advertisement.  Are these similar to instant pots or would you guys who have one suggest staying with the actual instant pot ?

I’m only familiar with the Instant Pot brand but they all work on the same principle of pressure cooking. I got an Instant Pot brand because that is what the majority of the members of a Facebook group I belong to have so it was very easy to learn from them. Just beware of the Gem cooker from Instant Pot........it is NOT an electric pressure cooker and lots of people think it is simply because of the brand name “Instant Pot”.

#45 delphernina  OFFLINE  

delphernina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 4, 2018 - 4:28 pm

My crockpot is crapping out.  I'm going to replace it with an instant pot.  I decided I would pick up two of them - one for me and one for my daughter in law.  She likes to cook, but works a lot.  I'm thinking she would enjoy the reduced time cooking. 

#46 Dylansmommy  OFFLINE  

Dylansmommy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 5, 2018 - 9:24 am

I've never heard of instant pots.  After reading a little, this is like a multi purpose crock pot??

#47 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,390 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 5, 2018 - 10:11 am

I've never heard of instant pots.  After reading a little, this is like a multi purpose crock pot??

It's a multi cooker that has a pressure setting to it in order to allow you to cook faster. Can be used as a plain old crock pot or with pressure and other ways (depending on which you buy). There are some threads on it in another section of the forum here. :)

#48 MsKate  OFFLINE  

MsKate

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 5, 2018 - 11:19 am

My crockpot is crapping out.  I'm going to replace it with an instant pot.  I decided I would pick up two of them - one for me and one for my daughter in law.  She likes to cook, but works a lot.  I'm thinking she would enjoy the reduced time cooking. 

We prefer the Instant Pot to the crock pot.  We've decided that with work and such, it's easier to remember to cook something shortly before eating it!

Frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts in about 20 minutes.  It's our savior!

#49 Gator Pam  ONLINE  

Gator Pam

Proud Perimeter Peruser!

• 2,703 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 5, 2018 - 12:44 pm

Whatever happened to that Instant Pot Max that was supposed to be out this summer? Haven't noticed it for sale anywhere.

It was released a few weeks ago. My understanding is the NCHFP has still not approved canning in an electric pressure cooker. So, I'm planning on holding off for a bit before recommending it.

Besides, I want an 8-quart or larger model, should pressure canning in it be approved.

https://www.williams...c=PRODUCTSEARCH

As far as BF prices go, right now I think Kohl's will have the best prices for the 6-quart Duo and Ultra. If I'm reading the ad correctly, the Duo will be on sale for $69.99, and then one can get 15% off, making it $59.49. Then, one should get $15 in Kohl's Cash for a future purchase.

The Ultra will be on sale for $99.99, and then 15% off, making it $84.99. Or will also receive $15 Kohl's Cash with that.

Unless I'm mistaken about the 15% off on BF?

Edited by Gator Pam, Nov 5, 2018 - 12:49 pm.

#50 Gator Pam  ONLINE  

Gator Pam

Proud Perimeter Peruser!

• 2,703 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 6, 2018 - 8:03 am

Speaking of the Max, it looks like amazon is taking preorders for it, at the same price as Williams-Sonoma.

https://www.amazon.c...1520025&sr=1-18

#51 Gator Pam  ONLINE  

Gator Pam

Proud Perimeter Peruser!

• 2,703 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 8, 2018 - 8:55 am

The Walmart BF ad has the 8-quart Lux for $59.  This is the base model; pressure level is not adjustable off of high pressure, and there is no Yogurt button for heating the milk and incubating the yogurt.  However, if you want a larger 8-quart model for simple pressure cooking, this is not a bad price.

#52 giz  OFFLINE  

giz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Nov 8, 2018 - 9:29 am

I was hoping Walmart's would be a 6 qt Duo around $50 ...anyway I think it's the Duo I want. Lol

#53 Gator Pam  ONLINE  

Gator Pam

Proud Perimeter Peruser!

• 2,703 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 8, 2018 - 10:49 am

Effective cost on the 6-quart Duo at Kohl's, if you count the Kohl's Cash you'll get back for a future purchase, is $44.49. You will also get points towards a Yes2You Reward, if you want to take that in to consideration, as well.

#54 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• 1,581 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 8, 2018 - 11:59 am

That's what I'll do. :) Plus, I also have some rewards to spend, so that brings it down some more. Yay.

#55 Gator Pam  ONLINE  

Gator Pam

Proud Perimeter Peruser!

• 2,703 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 8, 2018 - 5:42 pm

Will the rewards be good on BF?

#56 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• 1,581 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 8, 2018 - 6:12 pm

Yes, as far as I know. They are the rewards from October spending so should be good all month.

#57 Kash  OFFLINE  

Kash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Nov 9, 2018 - 3:18 pm

Yes, as far as I know. They are the rewards from October spending so should be good all month.

Mine says 11/2/18 to 11/15/18

#58 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• 1,581 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 9, 2018 - 3:32 pm

This is the Yes2You Rewards. Not Kohl's cash. They are good for the entire month. So the rewards earned for spending in October are good for the entire month of November. I just went and looked, and it actually is good from Nov 1-Dec 1, so I am good.
I had checked they would still be good for Thanksgiving spending before I didn't use them for the two orders I've already placed this month, so I knew I was good to save them. I didn't use them on those orders because I need the extra spending to get to the free ship threshold.

#59 ajogg  OFFLINE  

ajogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 10, 2018 - 7:02 am

May I ask, what's the difference between a regular Pressure Cooker and an Instant Pot? Is Instant Pot a Pressure Cooker that can do other things as well?

#60 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• 1,581 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 10, 2018 - 7:10 am

Correct. They are a 6-in-1 or 7-in-1 cooker. Pressure cooker, slow cooker, yogurt maker, rice cooker, saute mode (which is like cooking a pot on the stove), and others I can't think of right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users