Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Instant Pot - will they be cheaper on Black Friday?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Bopeep  OFFLINE  

Bopeep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 14, 2018 - 11:46 am

I was just coming here to link to the QVC tsv Instant Pot.  The only thing is, I have no idea if their price of $79.96 (plus 7.50 s&h) is good or not, because I can't find the same one anywhere else I looked.  Sometimes QVC puts out some awesome deals, and sometimes they just want you to think they do :).

And, yep, Christmas in July almost broke me. Between QVC and Amazon Prime Day. LOL

#32 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Sep 14, 2018 - 4:45 pm

Sounds like an odd flavor combo there but... Whatever works for ya...  :tongue1: lol (Yes, I know, at separate times. Just feeling silly this morning!)

Bah ha ha!  

King Ranch Chicken on tap for my Pot tomorrow.  :)

#33 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Sep 14, 2018 - 5:31 pm

I was just coming here to link to the QVC tsv Instant Pot.  The only thing is, I have no idea if their price of $79.96 (plus 7.50 s&h) is good or not, because I can't find the same one anywhere else I looked.  Sometimes QVC puts out some awesome deals, and sometimes they just want you to think they do :).

And, yep, Christmas in July almost broke me. Between QVC and Amazon Prime Day. LOL

Hard to say is right.  I have two of the Duo Models.  Looks like the Viva has 3 more settings over the Duo but honestly I've never once used a setting on either of mine other than the Pressure Cook, Saute setting and rarely the Yogurt setting.  I think all the other settings are just preset times Instant Pot has determined to be the best times for the different foods.  Many folks on a Facebook group I belong to use the preset buttons and the others of use just use the Pressure Cook button so that is a personal choice.  I learned by using the Pressure Cook button so that's what I stick to since most of the recipes I use just say to cook on High Pressure for "X" amount of minutes.  

I paid $54 for my Duo 3 qt. at Kohls with coupons and Kohl's Cash.  I think I paid around $65-$70 for my Duo 6 qt.  With the exception of the mitts and the recipe book, all the accessories that QVC pictures came with both of my Duo models.  I think the Duo models will be cheaper on BF but the QVC deal seems to be an ok deal especially if you want colors. 

For those that are even remotely interested in making yogurt I would highly suggest getting at minimum a Duo model because it has a yogurt setting and the Lux models do not.  Making yogurt is an easy process with the Yogurt setting and the people on my Facebook group rave about it.  I've made it twice but I'm just not a huge yogurt fan anyway.  

So anyway, If I didn't already have two sizes of Pots I'd jump on this deal just to get a red one!  :)

#34 Elmck  OFFLINE  

Elmck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Sep 19, 2018 - 5:16 am

Just learned that DIL wants one of these too well this or a vacuum

#35 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Sep 19, 2018 - 6:04 am

Just learned that DIL wants one of these too well this or a vacuum

Get her both!  :) 

The IPs will definitely be everywhere and a great deal.  Vacuums too.  I got my Shark at Kohls during their huge Veteran's Day weekend sale two years ago,  I love it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users