Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Instant Pot - will they be cheaper on Black Friday?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 vchristianman  OFFLINE  

vchristianman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Sep 2, 2018 - 9:07 am

Instant pots seem to be an hot item right now. The lowest price I have seen on them is $59.  Do you all think they will be on sale cheaper than that on black friday?

#2 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,077 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 2, 2018 - 10:24 am

Which model and size are you looking at?

Amazon always has very low prices during BF week as does Kohl's with coupons + Kohl's Cash.

#3 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Sep 2, 2018 - 10:27 am

I actually got a better deal from Kohl’s on my 6 qt DUO during their Veteran’s Day sale as opposed to Black Friday because of coupon codes I had. Amazon does have great deals too though.

#4 Bopeep  OFFLINE  

Bopeep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 2, 2018 - 5:53 pm

They are a hot item. I can't predict what the prices will be, but I would bet they will be in almost every BF ad this year.

#5 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,077 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 3, 2018 - 4:52 am

Whatever happened to that Instant Pot Max that was supposed to be out this summer? Haven't noticed it for sale anywhere.

#6 jaymacfla  OFFLINE  

jaymacfla

President, Black Friday Vacationers

• 1,717 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 3, 2018 - 9:00 am

We might see them for $49 or less.Here is a disappointing review of the new model:https://www.cnet.com...pot-max-review/

#7 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,241 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 4, 2018 - 6:39 am

So far we love the Instant Pot we bought on Prime day. Used it a few times and it works great.

#8 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 4, 2018 - 6:53 am

I've thought about getting one but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Need to go through my kitchen and get rid of some of the other gadgets I have that I no longer use, as space is an issue in an apartment. lol

I agree with most who said they should be in most ads this year. Will be interesting if they drop below that $59 price point for a decent one, especially with that disappointing review on the Max. 

For those curious: Kitty in my pic is current furbaby, Mew, curled up in a box far too small for her. Ha! "If I fits, I sleeps!"

NASCAR fan (particularly JGR pit crews - many friends there), diehard UM Wolverine fan, animal lover, car girl, cookie baker, singer, bargain hunter. Yep. That about covers it. lol :cool:

#9 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,241 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 4, 2018 - 6:55 am

I've thought about getting one but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Need to go through my kitchen and get rid of some of the other gadgets I have that I no longer use, as space is an issue in an apartment. lol

I agree with most who said they should be in most ads this year. Will be interesting if they drop below that $59 price point for a decent one, especially with that disappointing review on the Max. 

Just need to do what we did and move. Would be amazed at how much stuff you determine you don't need any longer lol.

#10 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 4, 2018 - 7:06 am

Just need to do what we did and move. Would be amazed at how much stuff you determine you don't need any longer lol.

Did that every three months in college. No thanks. LOL I am slowly doing the deep purge, though. If I haven't used something in at least 6 months, I'm ditching it. I try to spend a little bit of time each night weeding things out because I know I have accumulated way too much stuff. 

That said, I've got one of the cheapest rents around for the size of apartment I have. To go any cheaper would mean moving to a less than desirable area and moving anywhere else that's decent will cost me an extra $100-200/month at least. (Ouch!) 

However, I can see the Instant Pot being able to replace a few other gadgets that I have, which is why it has piqued my interest. 

For those curious: Kitty in my pic is current furbaby, Mew, curled up in a box far too small for her. Ha! "If I fits, I sleeps!"

NASCAR fan (particularly JGR pit crews - many friends there), diehard UM Wolverine fan, animal lover, car girl, cookie baker, singer, bargain hunter. Yep. That about covers it. lol :cool:

#11 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Sep 4, 2018 - 4:52 pm

I love my Pot so much that I have 2 sizes! Lol. I had to buy a kitchen cart to accommodate the 6 qt size since I have no countertop space.

I think Kohl’s and Target had Duo models for $79.99 last BF so I bet they will be much cheaper during the BF weekend. Both of mine are Duo models and are perfectly fine for what I use them for.

#12 ytmomof4  OFFLINE  

ytmomof4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 7, 2018 - 9:56 am

I am considering buying one of these this year but, like others I have a small kitchen with no counter space and not a lot of cabinet space either. So I need to figure out what I can get rid of to make this worth my while.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

#13 tracy0504  OFFLINE  

tracy0504

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Sep 7, 2018 - 11:25 am

I am considering buying one of these this year but, like others I have a small kitchen with no counter space and not a lot of cabinet space either. So I need to figure out what I can get rid of to make this worth my while.

Same here... I'm currently pricing portable Islands to add more "counter" space as well as wire shelving to put all my pots and pans and whatever else on and get them out of the totes they are currently in...

#14 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 7, 2018 - 11:41 am

Oh I'd kill for enough space to use a portable island. I semi-jokingly refer to my kitchen as a "one-butt kitchen" because that's about all that can fit in my kitchen at a time... lol 

#15 tracy0504  OFFLINE  

tracy0504

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Sep 7, 2018 - 12:43 pm

Oh I'd kill for enough space to use a portable island. I semi-jokingly refer to my kitchen as a "one-butt kitchen" because that's about all that can fit in my kitchen at a time... lol 

It won't be a big one, just big enough to have more cutting and prepping space...

#16 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• 1,410 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 7, 2018 - 1:42 pm

I also would love an island, but no room. I've considered getting one and putting it in the corner of the dining room for storage at the very least.

#17 MariahA  OFFLINE  

MariahA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 Posts
  • Member since 2014

Posted Sep 10, 2018 - 7:24 am

I'm interested in an Instant Pot but I think I'll wait til next year when we've moved into our new house. No storage right now.
I think they'll be in most of not all the ads that have small appliances. $45-$60 would be my price predictions for the older models. No clue on the newer ones.

#18 tracy0504  OFFLINE  

tracy0504

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Sep 10, 2018 - 7:39 am

I am looking into purchasing one this year myself...

#19 Rellim1960  OFFLINE  

Rellim1960

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Sep 11, 2018 - 7:58 am

I bought one a year and a half ago. It still sits in the box unopened. Ironically my crockpot died on Sunday and I ordered a new crockpot from Amazon without even thinking about it.

#20 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,241 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 11, 2018 - 10:02 am

I bought one a year and a half ago. It still sits in the box unopened. Ironically my crockpot died on Sunday and I ordered a new crockpot from Amazon without even thinking about it.

Cancel the crockpot and switch to the Instant Pot. You will never go back :)

#21 Elmck  OFFLINE  

Elmck

• 1,780 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Sep 11, 2018 - 10:58 am

I have one and like it but I’m so use to the crockpot I don’t always think about using the instant I do love it for cooking dried beans

#22 Love4Fashion  OFFLINE  

Love4Fashion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 Posts
  • Member since 2017

Posted Sep 12, 2018 - 6:24 pm

Hoping to get one for myself and possibly one for a gift....hope there is a good deal on them

#23 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Sep 13, 2018 - 11:39 am

I have one and like it but I’m so use to the crockpot I don’t always think about using the instant I do love it for cooking dried beans

My favorite thing to cook in mine is pot roast and creme brûlée.

#24 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 14, 2018 - 6:05 am

My favorite thing to cook in mine is pot roast and creme brûlée.

Sounds like an odd flavor combo there but... Whatever works for ya...  :tongue1: lol (Yes, I know, at separate times. Just feeling silly this morning!)

#25 mommyofanangelb  OFFLINE  

mommyofanangelb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 14, 2018 - 6:48 am

QVC's TSV pre sale on instant pots...6 quarts, different colors

https://www.qvc.com/...51883D73&TZ=EST

"Oooh fuuudge! Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the 'F-dash-dash-dash' word! ---Ralphie

#26 giz  OFFLINE  

giz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Sep 14, 2018 - 8:35 am

Pioneer Woman Instant Pot is available for pre-order. Instant Pot Pioneer Woman LUX60 Vintage Floral 6 Qt Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Saute, Steamer, and Warmer

http://www.walmart.c...armer/881426838

9d74bb5a-6769-4638-9c03-61c0f000b380_1.f

#27 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• 1,410 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 14, 2018 - 8:40 am

Oh goodness, how adorable is that. And it matches my kitchen. Cuteness.

#28 tracy0504  OFFLINE  

tracy0504

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Sep 14, 2018 - 8:42 am

QVC's TSV pre sale on instant pots...6 quarts, different colors

https://www.qvc.com/...51883D73&TZ=EST

QVC is so bad for my health, but I love them!!!!

Pioneer Woman Instant Pot is available for pre-order. Instant Pot Pioneer Woman LUX60 Vintage Floral 6 Qt Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Saute, Steamer, and Warmer

http://www.walmart.c...armer/881426838

9d74bb5a-6769-4638-9c03-61c0f000b380_1.f

This is cute...I wish it was on 6 easy payments...

#29 mommyofanangelb  OFFLINE  

mommyofanangelb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 14, 2018 - 9:05 am

QVC is so bad for my health, but I love them!!!!

This is cute...I wish it was on 6 easy payments...

OMG! I feel you...especially around this time of the year. I almost got myself in too much when Christmas in July aired lol

"Oooh fuuudge! Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the 'F-dash-dash-dash' word! ---Ralphie

#30 tracy0504  OFFLINE  

tracy0504

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Sep 14, 2018 - 10:51 am

OMG! I feel you...especially around this time of the year. I almost got myself in too much when Christmas in July aired lol

I try and reserve this time of year for my QVC shopping, only problem is this time of year lasts about 6 months for me...lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users