Toys R Us files for bankruptcy, will close or sell all US stores

Brad

I took my grandson Tuesday, during the day. There were only a few others in there. Signs said up to 30%, but most things were 10%. But I really just wanted to take him for the sake of taking him, while I still can. He played at the train table, and looked at all the things.

I interacted with 4 employees, and two were pretty mean and snotty. The cashier was very nice though. Oh, and they had Now Hiring signs up everywhere!

I took my grandson Tuesday, during the day. There were only a few others in there. Signs said up to 30%, but most things were 10%. But I really just wanted to take him for the sake of taking him, while I still can. He played at the train table, and looked at all the things.

I interacted with 4 employees, and two were pretty mean and snotty. The cashier was very nice though. Oh, and they had Now Hiring signs up everywhere!

Ya I read they are doing a ton of hiring right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We stopped at the one closest to us recently, everything was 40 to 60 % off. We found several great deals and before we checked out I compared those prices to the same item at amazon, target and walmart just to be sure. So we now have a several gifts for our kids tucked away for Christmas. The store shelves were still packed. We are going to check out a different toysrus this weekend to see if can find anything else.

Edited by berry1014
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

It's so sad. I hope the retail groups are able to stop this from happening to other stores. Everyone thinks it's TRU's fault for not staying competitive (and maybe like 25% of that is to blame) but the majority is the debt they got stuck with. It's so sad.

I blame the company that bought them then laid a huge amount of debt payments on them, they had it in their mind to just get some money. Read a story that said they will most likely be back in 2019, lot's of people looking to buy them up in bankruptcy. A few of them are looking to take stores and all.