Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Anti Virus for Phones?

2 replies to this topic

#1 goldie  OFFLINE  

goldie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 12, 2018 - 2:53 pm

When I bought Avast, it mentioned anti virus for mobile devices. Do you have one? I'm using android... Thanks.

#2 laddhorn  OFFLINE  

laddhorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 14, 2018 - 8:59 am

I do not. 

You need to actively install something on your phone, and as long as you use a reputable one, you will typically be fine.  Don't simply download an app from a link or the web.  If a webpage pushes you to download their app, simply close out of the page.  This happens to me the most when looking at something on Facebook.  Most of the time, it is a malicious popup ad.  This advice isn't always foolproof as you CAN get a bad app from the Play Store, or even Amazon, but typically those are odd apps based from China or Russia.  Read the reviews and don't download a new/flyby app and you should be fine.

If you ever do get a virus on your phone, a simple reset back to factory settings will clear it off...and may improve your phone's responses.  Even good apps can have memory leaks after a bad update.

#3 hack2222  OFFLINE  

hack2222

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Mar 8, 2018 - 12:34 am

AVG or norton, get malware same as the pc versions. ccleaner, norton has lots of free software.  Whatever your using for your home pc or laptop grab for your phone. :)

All non-active member requests are DENIED for Help, anyone else will be helped.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users