Sam’s Club abruptly closes multiple stores.

speeddiva

“After a thorough review of our existing portfolio, we’ve decided to close a series of clubs and better align our locations with our strategy. Closing clubs is never easy and we’re committed to working with impacted members and associates through this transition.”

Here's a list of closures rounded up from local media reports:

8801 Old Seward Hwy, Anchorage, AK 99515

17835 Gale Ave, City of Industry, CA 91748

12540 Beach Blvd, Stanton, CA 90680

69 Pavilions Dr, Manchester, CT 06042

355 FL-436, Fern Park, FL 32730

5135 S Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33611

2994 Turner Hill Rd, Lithonia, GA 30038

501 N Randall Rd, Batavia, IL 60510

21430 S Cicero Ave, Matteson, IL 60443

900 S Barrington Rd, Streamwood, IL 60107

1055 McHenry Rd, Wheeling, IL 60090

808 S Illinois Rte 59, Naperville, IL 60540

460 S Weber Rd, Romeoville, IL 60446

3015 W 86th St, Indianapolis, IN 46268

10859 E Washington St, Indianapolis, IN 46229

4024 Elkhart Rd #1, Goshen, IN 46526

9598 Cortana Pl, Baton Rouge, LA 70815

9750 Reisterstown Rd, Owings Mills, MD 21117

81 International Dr S, Budd Lake, NJ 07828

2649 Erie Blvd E, Syracuse, NY 13224

720 Fairmount Ave, Jamestown, NY 14701

700 Elmridge Center Dr, Rochester, NY 14626

1600 Marketplace Dr, Rochester, NY 14623

4825 Marburg Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45209

9570 Fields Ertel Rd, Loveland, OH 45140

1805 Getwell Rd, Memphis, TN 38111

1615 S Loop W, Houston, TX 77054

13331 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77077

901 S Grady Way, Renton, WA 98057

1101 Outlet Collection Way, Auburn, WA 98001

13550 Aurora Ave N, Seattle, WA 98133

I’ve seen reports of 60 and I’ve seen “hundreds”. The Freep has reported 2 in the Detroit area that I haven’t seen on any lists.

Sent from my iPad using GottaDEAL

Ya Freep is where I saw one in Farmington Hills closing that I had not seen in another list earlier.

Free 3-month membership extension or request a refund:

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/html/best-deals/update.html

Nice I can use 3 free months. Mine is almost up for the year lol.

I'm too lazy to drive by the one I sometimes go to - but it has been removed from their website as one of their clubs.

The one in Morrisville, NC isn't on all of the lists, but was reportedly was closed yesterday for the day.  It will reopen today only to close for good at the end of the month.

Rumor is the closing stores are all 25% off starting today.

I’m in the parking lot waiting for mine to open at 10 (no early business/plus hours anymore I guess).

Let us know how it goes. We will head out to one of the closing ones this evening if they have good deals.

Let us know how it goes. We will head out to one of the closing ones this evening if they have good deals.

It was crazy. I assume this is how Black Friday is (since I never get to go out anymore haha). But yeah, pretty much everything was 25% off, including items already on sale in their current flyer. Saw lots of TVs and soundbars in carts, lots of people stocking up on household goods and food. They ran out of carts so people were following everyone to their vehicles to get their carts.

I filled up a cart and quickly checked out with self checkout. I then took my precious cart and went back in for a second round but by then the checkout lines were 2/3 of the way to the back of the store so I just left.

Wish I needed a TV or something pricey cause I’m sure there were some nice deals, especially on the models already on sale. I basically just got stuff that either was already on sale in the flyer or things that I know never go on sale. Everything else will be on sale again for around the same discount eventually in an upcoming flyer.

• Like 1

It was crazy. I assume this is how Black Friday is (since I never get to go out anymore haha). But yeah, pretty much everything was 25% off, including items already on sale in their current flyer. Saw lots of TVs and soundbars in carts, lots of people stocking up on household goods and food. They ran out of carts so people were following everyone to their vehicles to get their carts.

I filled up a cart and quickly checked out with self checkout. I then took my precious cart and went back in for a second round but by then the checkout lines were 2/3 of the way to the back of the store so I just left.

Wish I needed a TV or something pricey cause I’m sure there were some nice deals, especially on the models already on sale. I basically just got stuff that either was already on sale in the flyer or things that I know never go on sale. Everything else will be on sale again for around the same discount eventually in an upcoming flyer.

May run out to the one here and check it out. We need some food and household goods we always get there anyway. If it's stupidly busy then I will just head to our normal store.

Free 3-month membership extension or request a refund:

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/html/best-deals/update.html

noticed it says at the bottom it only applies to those who are members of closing clubs... lol

one can argue hey that closing club is my store, there is a store closing in my area, just not any of the ones we happen to visit so lets see what they do

None closed in Missouri I don't think, but was there every an official list released?  I saw a few reports of 63 stores closed but never saw the full list.  The first post here appears to have about half the stores.  Also seems Illinois was hit pretty hard by closures.

ya as i figured

We received your request for a 3-month extension of your Sam’s Club membership. This extension is only for members who received a notice about their club closure. As such, we are unable to process your request and apologize for the confusion.

If you feel you should have received a club closure notification but did not, please contact Member Services at 1-888-746-7726.

Sincerely,

Your Sam's Club Member Services Team

• Like 1

Most of the closing stores are now 50% off. Tried to go yesterday to the one here but there was no parking spaces to be found and the line to get in was around the front and side of the building. No thanks.

Sounds like Kohls on Black Friday. I avoid that place like the plague.

I went Saturday - there was hardly anything left.  Lots of dog treats - we stocked up!  Sam's brand of K cups.  It was really random.  They had it in the front of the store - took up about 3 rows.  And tons of books - but they were all in boxes - and you really had to dig.