Black Friday 2018 Countdown & Anticipation Thread

Brad

Nothing wrong with that. Makes the day more relaxed. :)

Yup and the less time we are out shopping the earlier we can start decorating for Christmas LOL

I'm actually done with my son aside from his stocking! I've been shopping since March though. I like spreading out the buying. Know what I getting for pretty much everybody, or already have it.

I need a deal on Ancestry kits though!

We are almost done our son too . just need to get some PJs, a few DVDs and stocking stuffers.

Edited by berry1014
  • Like 1

I’ve started brainstorming gift ideas but the only person I have an actual list for is me [emoji15] I know it’s only the beginning of September but the lack of concrete ideas for family makes me a bit concerned. I’m done with my coworkers at least (post Christmas sales took care of them).

Sent from my iPad using GottaDEAL

• Like 3

I am definitely in the minority and don't want summer to go away!  lol  I love the heat...and humidity!  I know, I'm weird.  :)

September started super crappy for me as one of our cats passed away.  :(  She was "my girl" so it's especially hard.  I'm glad she's no longer suffering, but I miss her little quirks.  The other cats aren't sure what's going on because the cat that passed was definitely boss lady.  They keep looking for her to make sure she's not going to jump out and smack them.  lol

I'm not really even thinking about gifts yet.  I don't have many people to buy for, so it's usually all done around BF.

I am definitely in the minority and don't want summer to go away!  lol  I love the heat...and humidity!  I know, I'm weird.  :)

September started super crappy for me as one of our cats passed away.  :(  She was "my girl" so it's especially hard.  I'm glad she's no longer suffering, but I miss her little quirks.  The other cats aren't sure what's going on because the cat that passed was definitely boss lady.  They keep looking for her to make sure she's not going to jump out and smack them.  lol

I'm not really even thinking about gifts yet.  I don't have many people to buy for, so it's usually all done around BF.

So sorry about the loss of your furbaby... I know that pain far too well.  :no:

You know the one thing I won't miss? Having to run the snow blower twice in one day. :sidesplit

Only twice? lol

I am very excited for Black Friday this year. I really have no ideas what I’m getting anyone except my daughter. She wants a Nintendo switch which I already put in layaway at Walmart so I was guaranteed to have one but, I’m really hoping to find a good deal on one.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

I never have a big plan for BF shopping beyond the usual things - great deals on movies, the big set of Rubbermaid storage bowls for Mom, and some new fuzzy pajama pants. But I saw this posted here on the site earlier in the month and have decided that I have to have one for this winter.

https://thecomfy.com

Now I just have to decide which color lol! I missed it the day it was on sale at Amazon but hopefully I’ll get another shot!

• Like 3

I never have a big plan for BF shopping beyond the usual things - great deals on movies, the big set of Rubbermaid storage bowls for Mom, and some new fuzzy pajama pants. But I saw this posted here on the site earlier in the month and have decided that I have to have one for this winter.

Now I just have to decide which color lol! I missed it the day it was on sale at Amazon but hopefully I’ll get another shot!

I think my daughter will love this!!!! She put on her footed pajamas as soon as she got in from work today [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]...

Sent from my SM-G965U using GottaDEAL mobile app

• Like 1

Totally bought myself some stocking stuffers today and handed them to my husband to give me on Christmas. I don’t normally do that but they were crazy good clearance deals on items I was going to ask for anyway. With the super limited stock at the store I decided it was best to just grab them and used the joint credit card. I even gave him the receipt so he knows how much of the holiday budget I used up (a whopping $10 for 6 items).

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

• Like 4

My daughter recently posted this on Facebook with a "YES!" caption. LOL. So, it is currently residing in my Amazon wish list. I was reading in the q&a that they will have a couple more colors available in the next month or so.

• Like 2

The only stores I religiously shop at for black Friday are walmart and target so I'm not bummed about all the stores that have been closing because I never really shopped at them anyway. We just recently got a 5 below store so I am excited to go see if I can find some good stocking stuffer items there.

The only stores I religiously shop at for black Friday are walmart and target so I'm not bummed about all the stores that have been closing because I never really shopped at them anyway. We just recently got a 5 below store so I am excited to go see if I can find some good stocking stuffer items there.

I LOVE 5 & Below for stocking stuffers. I mean, you can find a little something for everyone there, from the youngest to the oldest

• Like 1

They opened a few 5 below here this year...haven't ventured into any as of yet, BF would be a good time...we're still 2 months away [emoji37][emoji37]

Yeah this year BF is the earliest it can be so there is over a month between BF and Christmas which retailers absolutely love.

Next year it’s the opposite as BF is on the 29th which is the latest it can be and retailers lose one of the valuable weekends between BF and Christmas.

• Like 1

I dont have any ideas either.  My boys are getting older, and it gets harder each year.  But usually I have some direction and at least know the big gift.  They do usually start giving me ideas eventually, and then there's too much stuff!  Grandson will be almost 4 this year, so THAT'S going to be fun!

• Like 1