Black Friday 2018 Countdown & Anticipation Thread

Brad

I think it depends on when you consider Black "Friday" to start. JCP online on Saturday, Kohl's Sunday night, BB Elite Access Sunday night, the joke of member/cardholder early access for BB/Target, lots of online starting Tuesday night, the rest starting Wednesday night, Thursday afternoon openings, and then finally Friday.... 75%+ of advertised items were probably on sale before Friday even came.

Sent from my SM-G930V using GottaDEAL mobile app

• Like 3

Even though the big day is over it doesn’t really sink in for me until sometime in January when all the festivities are over and there’s still 3-4 months of winter left. At this point I still have more shopping and events to keep me busy to help avoid the withdrawal symptoms.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

• Like 4

Ya I hang out here all year knowing it's coming sooner or later. :) So I know how you feel.

I am BIG time Christmas person I could live in one of those Christmas towns where people always have stuff going on like it's Christmas.

Should we get started on typing up the ad's? :sidesplit

Me toooo!!!! I could live in any of the little Christmas towns in the Hallmark movies I watch...

• Like 2

I typed in google how many days until Nov. 23, 2018 and it says 361, the count down app says 360.  So maybe one is counting both today and the 23rd and the other is not???   Either way its turning into a whole week instead of a day.  Remember when there was just 6 or 7 hours of doorbusters?

• Like 3

I typed in google how many days until Nov. 23, 2018 and it says 361, the count down app says 360. So maybe one is counting both today and the 23rd and the other is not??? Either way its turning into a whole week instead of a day. Remember when there was just 6 or 7 hours of doorbusters?

Remember when those were all Friday morning 6am-12p?

Sent from my SM-G930V using GottaDEAL mobile app

• Like 1

Those were the good old days. You had to have a plan and execute it quickly to gt everything you wanted. I us to hate when I realized I would be in the slow lines becuase it cost me time I did not have. Now you can almost stroll and get stuff. 

Or, stay up late nights on the couch and click to get stuff. I got everything on my must-have list entirely online this year and didn't set foot in store. There were a few things I would have grabbed at Home Depot, Menards, and Joann, but I just didn't want to leave the house and drive 30 minutes for small stuff.

• 1 month later...

The 2017 BF forums have been archived. As always, we'll keep this main BF forum open all year. I've kept the t-shirt contest thread, the 'countdown' thread and a few of the still-active holiday threads in here.

Feel free to post any news you come across about Black Friday 2018 or retail changes in general (store closings / bankruptcies / mergers / acquisitions).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well...we just had our last Christmas party Sunday! Was postponed from New Year's because I got food poisoning two days before I was to host. Then, icy conditions almost postponed it again... but we did it and everyone got here and back home safely. Thinking about having Christmas in July....maybe pizza. So, Christmas decorations and lights are coming down today. Will leave some of my snowmen up for a couple more weeks. It looks so bare. ☃️

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using GottaDEAL mobile app

• Like 2

Um, is it me or is this thread getting smaller? Please tell me it's not just me :o

When I archived the BF forum from last year I split the countdown thread into 2 parts and kept the pre-BF 2017 posts in another thread in the archived 2017 forum.

Unless you are confusing this one for the t-shirt contest thread.

• 3 months later...

Brad, since you root for the Milwaukee Brewers, here's the Black Friday countdown for you:

199 bottles of beer  :beer: on the wall, 199 bottles of beer :beer: .  Take one down, pass it around; 198 bottles of beer :beer: on the wall.

198 bottles of beer  :beer: on the wall, 198 bottles of beer  :beer: .  Take one down, pass it around; 197 bottles of beer  :beer: on the wall.

197 bottles to Black Friday.

Edited by mcwalker

• 3 weeks later...

I used to start really getting in the mood for the holidays as soon as the weather started cooling off. I'd be ready for Christmas music in September.  Over the last few years, it's gotten earlier and earlier. Now it's like I get in the mood as soon as the weather starts getting hot!  The last few days, I've really been anxious for the Black Friday on Gottadeal forums.  

• Like 3