So where is Everyone on their Buying, Shipments, Wrapping and Baking?

magickallight

Just wondering... where is Everyone on their Buying, Shipments, Wrapping and Baking?

I am amazed at myself - 1 week and a day from Christmas Eve and ALL of my shipments have arrived, wrapping is done (with an aching back and a LOT of naughty words) ;) . Baking will start sometime next week (can't bake too early or hubby will eat it all) ;)

http://imperial.esnuk.org/sites/imperial.esnuk.org/default/files/events/images/03ac1058bba921949a688f7f71b49e88.jpg

• Like 1

Shopping is done, finished Sunday. I'm still waiting on about 4 packages. I'm a little irritated though, because 3 of them should have been delivered this week, but UPS has been so bad. One package has been "out for delivery" 5 days in a row, but I talked to a lady today that said it still hasn't been taken off the trailer. We leave tomorrow and return on Christmas Eve, so looks like I'll have a few things left to wrap.

Other than those, wrapping is done, except for my grandson. I'll see him the week after Christmas, so I'll wrap his later. I'm out of room under my tree anyway. I had him almost 20 things, but today I sorted through and set aside 5 things for his birthday in 6 weeks.

Buckeyes are done. I'll probably bake basic cookies while we're on vacation, or maybe next Sunday after we get home. I also hope to make some brownies, and maybe one other easy dessert candy. I can't make things too early either, or they will get eaten here as well.

• Like 1

Buying -done except for some stocking gift cards and a package that apparently shipped from China [emoji849] they may be getting an IOU

Shipping -done & received

Wrapping- hahahahaha...no

Baking- bought the stuff yesterday, will bake Friday/ Saturday

Sent from my iPad using GottaDEAL

• Like 1

yikes!!!

i  thought i was close to done with shopping.. but just got a bunch of things added that i need to get,i  have a couple more items and then i should be done shopping.. but tomorrow we have a fund raiser breakfast so i will finish the shopping right after that.. (if i am well enough.. i got sick at the worst time)

still waiting on a few packages ,plus a daily deal package that has several gifts in it!!! that was suppose to be here Decmber 4th..uggg.. 

wrapping... ummm.. i am doing ok.. i do have a closet i threw stuff in  that i bought before black friday,, i still have to go through that and find the items and wrap those , plus a few here(maybe 10) and also the ones that didn't come yet.. but i feel like the wrapping is under control.. i might take some time off the gym and since i am sick ill just wrap and catch up..

as for baking i don't do much holiday baking.. and good thing .. cause i am to sick to be touching food to much.  

• Like 1

Baking is done. Wrapping is almost done. I just have my husband’s gifts to wrap. Shopping was done, but now I have to get one more thing. I decided I like my mother-in-law’s gift so much I’m keeping it for myself! So I have to find her something new. Lol
  • Like 2

Wrapping is done except for an order that's ready for pickup at Kohl's and 2 dirty Santa gifts (that I haven't decided what to get). Have almost finished sock presents. Made chex mix, 3 batches of peanut brittle and peanut butter balls today. Will dip the balls tomorrow along with some pretzels.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using GottaDEAL mobile app

• Like 2

I think I'm pretty much done shopping except for a couple stocking stuffers. Still waiting on a couple packages to be delivered then I can wrap them and be done! Everything up to this point is wrapped, just finished about an hour ago. Don't know when I'll start making my yearly buckeyes and pretzel candy...I had a cold about 2 weeks ago. It went away and is back with a vengeance! Hopefully it will be gone soon so I don't infect the goodies! I hope I don't have to skip making them this year.

• Like 1

Shopping is done with the exception of a few stocking stuffers. Shipped all my packages out but still waiting on a few to arrive. Old navy lost a large order I put in so fingers are crossed that the replacement will make it here in time for Christmas. Just a few things left to wrap. I made Oreo balls yesterday and will continue baking/ candy making throughout the week.
  • Like 1

Shopping is done. I even was able to get my packages mailed out this past week. I just started wrapping presents yesterday. I'm still waiting on one shipment, LIDS shipping sucks. As for baking, I haven't even bought the ingredients needed. I guess I'll get to that later this week.

• Like 1

About 50% done on the baking, should be finished by Wednesday. Shopping is at about 95% complete, wrapping is about 80%. We are on track to be done by Wed/Thurs this year. No shipping needed we are going out of state to visit after Christmas so will take them with us.

• Like 2

I was in good shape until this past Tuesday. All of the gifts for my husband’s family were purchased, wrapped and shipped out to the recipients by the 9th, but then my mom went into the hospital Tuesday. Mom’s going to be ok and is back home but she is under strict restrictions for a few weeks. All traditional plans we had have gone out the window as my dad and I try to take care of mom and still manage to make a version of Christmas happen. I spent yesterday putting up mom’s tree and other decorations to cheer her up and made a meal plan and grocery shopping list for my dad (we had to change the menu from our standard/traditional meals to something that I can actually cook) to stop her from fretting over the holidays. Obviously I’m thrilled she is going to be ok and I’m glad I live nearby and can help my dad out but I’m really going to have to accept that there is no way I can recreate our normal Christmas. We are just going to have to make due with what we can pull off and laugh over the things that we forget or screw up. I keep reminding the perfectionist in me that the only thing that really matters is family. And if I can manage to find time to fix (some strands of lights are out) and decorate my own tree then that will be a wonderful bonus.

So far I have all of my presents purchased except some items that I plan to pick up at the grocery store tomorrow. I’m still waiting on one package to arrive but it should be here Tuesday. I have 1/2 of my wrapping done but now also have all on my mom’s wrapping to do. My Christmas cards are not finished and I have done zero baking. It’s going to be one heck of a week. On your mark, get set, GO![emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

• Like 4

Gotta finish the wrapping.  (It's the ribboning that takes so long -- and that is what I am avoiding! ;D )

What I really need to do this week is clean the house and make mom her Christmas lasagna (from scratch of course!)  Not really doing any baking this year.  Mom found some of last year's Christmas cookies in the freezer.  I told her I am not making a bunch of cookies until she eats that ones she has.  I'll probably make her her peacon pie bars and her Christmas "crack" for around New Year's.  I have a few days off then anyway.  (I have to work Christmas Eve and Christmas).

Best wishes to all as they catch up on their "to do" list!  (Don't forget to take some quiet time with self and with family too!)

Poor Wittenlover!  I hope you feel better soon!   Do you want some Chicken soup?

• Like 2

I am so sorry budgetsRsexy. :( Glad you mom will be okay, and that you are able to help.

Sadly, I can relate a little. My step-dad got home Friday from 2 weeks in the hospital, with 5 of those in ICU. So I did the same, put up mamas tree and put on the lights and garland. Took her dinner one night, and went and either sat with or instead of her a few times.

Our traditional plans are also changing, but a little because of me. We usually have dinner and everything at my house. But we are coming back from a trip Christmas Eve, and it would be a little crazy having everyone over the next day.. Plus it will be hard for him to come over. So we're doing it at mama's, and that's bothering me a little. But it will be okay.

Hope your mom recovers well, and that have a great Christmas!

• Like 2

Gosh, BudgetsRSexy and BlueBear, that's a lot to handle at the holidays. Sending positive thoughts your way!

I am done, done, done.  I've spent the last 2 weeks candy making and cookie baking, and we all got together at Mom's this weekend to decorate the cookies.  I picked up one last gift this weekend, but it was a spur of the moment thing as I was already "done", LOL, so I still have to wrap that.  The rest of this week will be catching up on Hallmark Christmas movies that have stacked up on the DVR :).

• Like 3

Looks like we are down to a gift card for our nephew, and a few things for some people my wife works with and then buying is done. Going to bake a couple things today then my sister and wife are finishing that up Wednesday. I will be wrapping the last few things today then we will just have things mentioned above. :)

• Like 2

I have to say... "I feel SO blessed" to be part of this GottaDeal family! It is so nice to read and share everything going on in each of our lives ... The good, the bad and the ugly. To each of you going though health problems and or family / health problems - my thoughts and prayers are with you. ♥ I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season.

• Like 7

Ugh, how much time do we have left??

Shopping: I have 3 more things I need to purchase in-store. Waiting for an order to ship from Amazon as UPS lost the first one and I had to reorder everything.

Wrapping: I started Saturday night and I have not put a dent into it; will be some interesting nights for me this week.

Baking: I haven’t even finalized the list. Once that’s done, I’ll shop and then get started. Luckily, I just bake for us and can knock it out on Saturday. I work s half day on Friday and then I am done until after the New Year. Looking forward

to the rest and relaxation already!

• Like 3

Well wishes for those with health and family related problems! Hope your holiday season is blessed.

Shopping: I think I’m done. Finally. Just have to grab an in-store pickup order for my mom at Best Buy and wrap one gift that’s supposed to be delivered Wednesday (crossing fingers).

Wrapping/Shipping: All gifts are wrapped! Minus the one coming in the mail. That was my Sunday this past weekend. Lots of wrapping and lots of DVR watching. :) Shipped all items to out of state family last week and today. The post office was a madhouse today, won’t wait this late next year.

Baking: Plan to start this on Wednesday and will do some more with my 3 year old niece this weekend (Santa needs his cookies!).

Hope everyone gets through the last push! Before we know it, it’ll all be over. Love this time of year. Enjoy, all!

Edited by NicM987
  • Like 2

So my UPS package that has supposedly been "out for delivery" every day since last Tuesday, finally was delivered today. Hooray! Waiting on one last package now. And it was marked "Package has left carrier facility" en route to my local post office, 3 days in a row, at the exact same time every day. Sigh. Hopefully it will get here one day this week! I think I will have about 6 things to wrap when I get home Sunday night.
  • Like 1

After being down for the count yesterday, working through the rest of my baking tonight for the longer distance boxes shipping tomorrow (day later than planned). Have two special small batches of cookies I'll do tomorrow night for Friday delivery. :)

• Like 1

I took a half-day off work yesterday and went to Walmart for what I thought would be that last time until after Christmas.  LOL.  Yeah, not so much.   

Today starts my vacation until New Year's Eve and I was going to make the no-bake cookies but much to my horror, the quick oats I had in the cabinet expired......two years ago!!!  :no:  Good lord.  So, unless I get off the couch and shower and head to the store again, that won't be happening today as I had planned.  I did receive a box of goodies Monday at work with some brownies, PB fudge and "regular" fudge so it's not like I don't have anything to munch on while watching Christmas movies today.   

Except for the few last minute things I have ordered for myself there will be no more gift shopping in this house as I don't think I will have enough room in my car as it is now for the gifts and luggage.  :)

• Like 1