Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Has anyone made a Raspberry Pi or Retro Pie game systems? If so....

3 replies to this topic

#1 ajogg  OFFLINE  

ajogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 14, 2017 - 9:44 am

Has anyone here made a Raspberry Pi game things, and if so, do any of you make them to sell them? If so, how much would you charge to make one. I'd need instructions on how to download games as well. Trying to find a NES Classic or SNES Classic is increasingly hard (especially if you're stuck at home a lot of the time). Thanks for your answers & help. Have a good day.

#2 Kanyon71  ONLINE  

Kanyon71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 14, 2017 - 10:18 am

Has anyone here made a Raspberry Pi game things, and if so, do any of you make them to sell them? If so, how much would you charge to make one. I'd need instructions on how to download games as well. Trying to find a NES Classic or SNES Classic is increasingly hard (especially if you're stuck at home a lot of the time). Thanks for your answers & help. Have a good day.

I have built a few things with the Pi (actually my current christmas light display is running on one right now). Is this something you're willing to build yourself or do you need someone to do it for you? If it's something you're willing to do then lifehacker has a really good build guide to move you along. The emulator software does a lot more then NES/SNES. You will need to supply your ROMs for the games which are also out there. If you want to try doing it and have questions I would be more than happy to give advice as I'm sure others will also. You can get the Pi3 and anything else you need on Amazon as well as cases for it that look like old consoles (just smaller).

#3 ajogg  OFFLINE  

ajogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 16, 2017 - 6:05 am

I have built a few things with the Pi (actually my current christmas light display is running on one right now). Is this something you're willing to build yourself or do you need someone to do it for you? If it's something you're willing to do then lifehacker has a really good build guide to move you along. The emulator software does a lot more then NES/SNES. You will need to supply your ROMs for the games which are also out there. If you want to try doing it and have questions I would be more than happy to give advice as I'm sure others will also. You can get the Pi3 and anything else you need on Amazon as well as cases for it that look like old consoles (just smaller).

I don't know if I could pull that off. If I decide to buy one of the kits, I'll definitely let you know. Thank you! If someone could put one together that would be great as well. I was kind of inquiring on how much one would charge for that. I think I might be able to figure out the rom part. Thanks again Kanyon71!

#4 Kanyon71  ONLINE  

Kanyon71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 17, 2017 - 5:25 pm

I don't know if I could pull that off. If I decide to buy one of the kits, I'll definitely let you know. Thank you! If someone could put one together that would be great as well. I was kind of inquiring on how much one would charge for that. I think I might be able to figure out the rom part. Thanks again Kanyon71!

No problem, it's not as hard as it sounds as the heart of the Pi is already put together. I saw some on eBay already done, so you could check on there. If you can't get anywhere I could probably help you out with getting one put together and sent out to you.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users