GottaDEAL 2018 Black Friday T-Shirt Club Posting Thread

Brad

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/walmart-online-pickup-tower-review-2017-8

A link to an article about the pickup towers with a few pics.

We were one of the two test stores for these and had one for over a year (I'm in Wake Forest, NC area).  Several of my gifts last year had to be picked up at the tower and it was a fiasco.  I spent over an hour in the store, being sent from the tower to the layaway area back to the tower, etc.  There was a rep from the tower maker there and some higher ups from Walmart and the whole situation was super embarrassing to them (not enough to throw me a gift card or something tho lol).  I haven't used it since, but it sounds like they have worked out the kinks and it was successful enough to expand their usage.

• Like 1

Pray for me - I have to go to Twelve Oaks for one thing from a store that is only in that mall. Life gets tough fast when you get a reputation for always finding "cool, unique" gifts... And that's in the midst of all the afore-mentioned baking that must be done. lol 

Ya let's not talk about baking. We haven't even started that yet. Finishing off all the decorating now. Most is done but still more to go.

I've started receiving packages from cyber week orders. For both packages that I've received, they were left just outside my door without a knock or doorbell. One was early in the morning as it was there by 7am. The other one came around lunch and I happened to be home though there was no knock. Maybe companies are trying to be efficient but in this era of stories of people swiping packages, wouldn't there be a better effort on the part of the company to do due diligence?

Sent from my SM-G900V using GottaDEAL mobile app

I cannot count how many times I have watched my mail man, UPS, and FedEx all just drop a package off with no attempt at knocking. Even when vehicles are in the driveway!

I had to file a report with UPS last week; my street name begins with ‘F’, the street behind us always starts with ‘F’. Last week, 6 packages of mine were delivered to the street behind me; same #, different street name. Luckily my neighbor, loaded it all up and brought it right around. I know they are all super busy this time of year but they need to be careful and ensure they are where they should be.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

• Like 1

Our delivery people have stopped knocking too. A couple Sundays ago, the main delivery guy arrived at 10:35 pm!! I happened to see him worked out front as I was heading to bed, so I went out and met him at the door. I wondered if he would have knocked that late at night, or if would have left my packages out all night!

We've had a lot of issues with UPS last week. I has multiple shipments delayed and rescheduled, or just not delivered. Several times, something would be on the truck for delivery, and not arrive. I understand they are busy and may not be able to make it anywhere. but twice they delivered one package, when two were supposedly "out for delivery". And once, the same guy came back 2 hours later with a second box. So stuff like that is pretty aggravating.

• Like 2

Our delivery people have stopped knocking too. A couple Sundays ago, the main delivery guy arrived at 10:35 pm!! I happened to see him worked out front as I was heading to bed, so I went out and met him at the door. I wondered if he would have knocked that late at night, or if would have left my packages out all night!

We've had a lot of issues with UPS last week. I has multiple shipments delayed and rescheduled, or just not delivered. Several times, something would be on the truck for delivery, and not arrive. I understand they are busy and may not be able to make it anywhere. but twice they delivered one package, when two were supposedly "out for delivery". And once, the same guy came back 2 hours later with a second box. So stuff like that is pretty aggravating.

One would think UPS would know what they are in for this time of the year and hire enough temporary staff to handle the uptick in business.

Would be a shame if I accidentally lock this thread on October 31st... :P

Seriously, keep checking this thread often as I'll probably use this thread to come up with a design for the t-shirt next year - I'll probably post some ideas and we can have an informal vote on designs, shirt colors, etc...

• Like 6

Seriously, keep checking this thread often as I'll probably use this thread to come up with a design for the t-shirt next year - I'll probably post some ideas and we can have an informal vote on designs, shirt colors, etc...

Hmmm which MOD could we get to open long enough for some people to post? :sidesplit

• Like 1

it's officially the holidays. I put my Christmas tree up...

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r606/fdbehring/CB%20Tree%202_zpsvv71gbog.jpg

I guess you were right, Linus. I shouldn't have picked this little tree. Everything I do turns into a disaster. I guess I really don't know what Christmas is all about.

• Like 1

No knocking here either. In fact they don't even pull in, they come from road and kinda toss on a step (we are in the country), not even my porch, We were lucky to find our packages the way our house is set up. In fact 2 weeks ago we found a small package leaning on the far side of our garage on a Sunday morning delivered by Post Office. DH is a retired postal worker and was livid that it wasn't in the mail box where it would have fit easily 5x over. You know it's bad when the holiday hire for the postal service just up and QUITS halfway through his route. Ours did last week.WHAT A MESS.

OK, if y'all haven't done it yet, next year "A Charlie Brown Chr-stmas" avatars for the admins and mods after Black Friday.

Charlie Brown, you're the only person I know who can take a wonderful season like Christmas and turn it into a problem. Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest.

• Like 1

OK, if y'all haven't done it yet, next year "A Charlie Brown Chr-stmas" avatars for the admins and mods after Black Friday.

We did those back in 2011 but we can always bring 'em back.

I'd also like to do something during Black Friday "season" next year and have all the BF mods participate as well. Just need to come up with a theme that works for so many people.

• Like 1

it's officially the holidays. I put my Christmas tree up...

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r606/fdbehring/CB%20Tree%202_zpsvv71gbog.jpg

Looks great! One year after our house fire we lived in a really tiny place and all I could do that year was a little pre-lit table top tree.  Doesn't matter the size of the tree, its the spirit right.

• Like 1

frankenstein-angry-mob_10.jpg

I don’t need a doorbell because my dog lets me know whenever someone comes up the driveway. Even if I’m not home when they make the delivery I can tell that someone came up to the house because the couch ottoman will be halfway across the room from him jumping off of it to run to the door and then back to the window multiple times in his excitement.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

• Like 2