GottaDEAL 2018 Black Friday T-Shirt Club Posting Thread

Brad

In other news, Target threatened to cancel my CC because I didn't use it enough.  lol  That was the motivation I needed to start stopping there at least weekly.  lol  They played me well!

I got that notice too! I use the card now, but to be honest, I don't use it AT Target much. LOL.  I shop at Target a lot around Black Friday and Christmas, but hardly at all the rest of the year.

• Like 1

So what are the hot toys this year???  i don't know where to buy any thing like that without having a Toys R Us!  Where do you go for the good toys?

Not sure about the hot toys this year, but for me I think it will have to be a mix of browsing Wal Mart and Target (and maybe even Marshall's/TJMaxx) this year...of course none of these will compare to the large selection of items TRU carried, but it will have to do...

So what are the hot toys this year??? i don't know where to buy any thing like that without having a Toys R Us! Where do you go for the good toys?

I found the new pikmi pops (Flips) in stock on Amazon. The original ones were sold out well in advance of the holiday last year. The neices will be super happy!

Also found a couple clearance electronic toys at Target yesterday. One was this cool circuit toy you make with your Legos for my younger son. Also found Dropmix, 75% off for my older son. The season has started here!

Got all my Halloween decorations up and my skeleton crew looks fantastic this year. Worth the time on the roof :)

• Like 1

Got all my Halloween decorations up and my skeleton crew looks fantastic this year. Worth the time on the roof :)

Oooo, please post a picture! The only decorations we do for Halloween are some carved pumpkins [emoji316] I consider myself lucky when I get my husband onboard with some simple Christmas lights in December. He hates the work involved with outdoor decorations.

• Like 1

Oooo, please post a picture! The only decorations we do for Halloween are some carved pumpkins [emoji316] I consider myself lucky when I get my husband onboard with some simple Christmas lights in December. He hates the work involved with outdoor decorations.

Halloween is my favorite holiday! We will add pumpkins in a couple weeks after a trip to the pumpkin farm. post-93396-153842915631_thumb.jpegpost-93396-153842976953_thumb.jpegpost-93396-153842979549_thumb.jpeg
  • Like 12

Happy Fall!!! Of course in Florida that means absolutely nothing LOL!!! So this year no Black Friday sales for me. I literally don't need anything except dead presidents on paper, Benjamin Franklin's preferred. I've already got gifts for my mom and sister during the summer. My fiance' would be overjoyed that we don't have to move again (please pray that we don't, I'm SERIOUS PEOPLE!!). So (hopefully) our holidays will be joyful and plentiful with food, cakes, and pies made by yours truly  :gd_purple . Maybe I will be able to actually put up a Christmas tree for the first time in 5 years  :cheesy: .  

Have a Happy Halloween everyone!!!

Happy October everyone! Can’t believe we are getting close the BF. I’ll just be here patiently waiting for the first ad. Oh who am I kidding...hurry up already and bring on the first ad!!! The wait is killing me. I look forward to this time of year and waiting on the ads to come.

Waiting on the ads is like waiting for it to get cooler in Texas. [emoji260][emoji262][emoji316]

Edited by rlbarajas
  • Like 1

The little 18 inch tree? It's sadder looking then a Charlie Brown tree! I need to get some of the garland ties and see if I can cover all the plastic that's showing. DS liked it though I'd bought it for my Sunday School classroom. May have to get another one even if they are cheap looking lol. Don't think he'll give up HIS Christmas tree. Toddlers :-P

Happy October everyone! Come on ads!!!

Yeah, its not the most eye-pleasing, but I found some battery powered string of lights at the Dollar Tree also which fit on there nicely, and found a few other items from a second hand store to use as decorations.  I believe I posted it on here at some point last year.  I thought it turned out quite nicely.  At worst I would have been out about 5 bucks so I couldn't complain too much.

By the way, Happy October folks.  My sister surprised me a couple weeks ago saying she wanted to hang out and go to some thrift shops and antique malls about 100 miles from here.  So if all goes well I should be going in a couple weeks.  Doubtful I buy gifts for anyone, but hope to snag a few things for myself.

• Like 1

Happy October!

As we drift into another holiday season, I just want to remind everyone to be careful not to fall for a phishing scam.  Your mailbox will soon be a rich target zone.

BTW, for those who use Google, Gmail, and/or Chrome, be sure to review Google's latest ToS.  You WILL be shocked to learn what Google can collect.  Understand too that they are collecting this data for a reason.  Consider using alternative products which at least promise to respect your privacy like the Brave web browser, the DuckDuckGo search engine, and GMX email.  

Use good passwords (Br@d1sAwes0me!) and do not leave PII in your online mailbox.

Finally pay attention in your offline activities!  We call this Operations Security (OPSEC) and it is as simple as figuring out what you are vulnerable and taking actions to minimize those vulnerabilities.

'Tis the Season for OPSEC
With apologies to CLEMENT CLARKE MOORE

'Twas the Holiday Season, and all through the streets
Every hacker and burglar, was looking for treats;
Boxes were stacked by the trash without care,
Alerting the thieves to the treasures in there;
Vacationers tweeted their plans and photos;
While bandits were stealing their speakers by Bose;
And mamma with her iPhone, and I with a map,
Went off to the mall to plunder the Gap,
First to the automated teller machine,
Where my PIN was stolen and my bank was wiped clean.
We shopped with our credit cards having no cash,
Until a POS bandit ended all that.
With no money for gifts we headed for home,
Where my PayPal and I would the internet roam,
When what to my wondering eyes did appear,
But a really good offer that seemed quite sincere,
With an unpleasant popup as soon as I clicked,
I knew in a moment my Mac would be sick.
More rapid than FiOS the popups did come,
My outdated defenses could only stop some,
From the click of a link with a virus attached,
All the files on my disk were quickly dispatched!
To another computer, I went to shop,
But accounts and email were already locked.
No money, no credit, and no PC too,
Tax returns, photographs were all gone from view;
No fav'rites, no bookmarks, no cookies, no clue,
Gone were my high scores and the Christmas list too --
And then, in a twinkling, I heard in the street
The prancing and pawing of very big feet.
As I looked to the street, and was turning around,
I saw a man escape from my home with a bound.
As he covered my spare key with the mat,
The thief turned to me and said, "Thank you for that!"
At that very moment came a knock at my door,
"I'm from DSS and I'm here to brief you some more."
His eyes-how they twinkled! his dimples, how merry!
"Let's do this thing right, I'm not in a hurry."
"Keep boxes inside until trash day, you know,"
"Expensive debris tells the crooks where to go."
"Get your cash at a bank and keep your profile low."
"Only swipe credit cards with merchants you know."
"When surfing the net, be alert to the deals"
"Which promise you things too good to be real."
"Hover over links that might your click redirect"
"Your identity to steal, or credit to wreck."
"When away from home, leave shades down and lights on,"
"That way the prowlers don't know that you're gone."
Then he seemed to accuse with a knit of his brow,
"The key under your mat - go get that, right now!"
And laying his finger aside of his nose,
And giving a nod, from my table he rose;
He walked to his car, which was locked and well lit,
And looked twice in back seat before he did sit.
With a wave of his hand, as he drove out of sight --
"Practice good OPSEC each day, and have a safe life!"

Edited by len_mullen
  • Like 5