GottaDEAL 2018 Black Friday T-Shirt Club Posting Thread

Brad

September 1st! The kids return to school Thursday; high school football is underway and youth teams start next weekend [emoji4] it is the beginning of my favorite season; the “bers”.

I have started adding gifts to my gift tracking app so I know what I should be keeping an eye out for; I’m so excited!

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

September.......pumpkin spice is taking over the world already. Not that I care mind you. I’m sick of the hot weather and even sicker of my summer clothes.

College football starts today in these parts and my beloved Razorbacks are destined for failure again this season. Except for baseball, track&field and sometimes gymnastics it’s heartbreaking to be a Hog sports fan. Still, I carry on “woo pig sooie-ing. LOL

Edited by HanShotFirst

we just gave my DD a brand new MSI gaming computer to replace her old laptop that wasn't working great. got a good deal for it on amazon with a 4-year warranty for just over $1k. its nice, now I want one for myself lol

but this one is counting as her birthday/Christmas present this year.

• Like 1

Ten years with no glasses seems like a good thing.  What happens after ten years?  Do it again?  Eyesight slowly reverts (or maybe declines from day #1)?  Eyesight is worse than before the surgery?  How much does lasik cost?

I'm too far away to go to Canada (in Texas).  $2000 sounds awesome!  I have been quoted $4500 (total) as my eyesight is rather poor and I have a slight astigmatism.  I don't feel comfortable traveling to Mexico to get a price break.  I'm sure their Drs are good, but...

My brother got his done about 15 years ago and has never looked back.  He still has great sight.  My mom (73) had cataract surgery and had them fix her vision for her.  She is back in glasses already, but her near and middle vision is rather poor. She can still see far, though.  

I think it is a better value to get when you are younger as you get more "return" for your money.  There is a new form of lasik that can fix your eyes for both, but there are drawbacks, such as future touch ups are not encouraged.  You can always go the "mono-eye" route, though.  This is where they zap one eye for long distance and zap the other for close up.  It will take some getting used to, and some have trouble adjusting.  If you are interested in going that route, get contacts/glasses that provide that for you.  Get used to it that way, then zap your eyes.  If you can't do it, no harm done!

First day of my birthday month. Woke up this morning to all the emails with "It's your birthday month" points and specials. Yay.

Happy September everyone! I got a bunch of birthday month emails too! Was a nice surprise, I usually don't notice til later in the month.

• Like 1

As September rolls in I'm starting a unique challenge I found on another website.  The plan is to watch 50 movies in a month.  I guess some people on there try to do it monthly, I'm not sure I can do that, but I'll try every few months.  With day one almost complete, I have watched one movie and might watch 2-3 more tomorrow so I think I'm starting off fine.  We'll see what happens as more sports come on and I have stuff to do.  I guess its a way to keep my mind off Black Friday for another month.  I remember in years past some ads starting coming out by now, and while that was fun, it also got my hopes up for a few years.  So if I keep my mind off it, I guess it will be even more exciting when they do start popping up.

• Like 1

I'm too far away to go to Canada (in Texas).  $2000 sounds awesome!  I have been quoted $4500 (total) as my eyesight is rather poor and I have a slight astigmatism.  I don't feel comfortable traveling to Mexico to get a price break.  I'm sure their Drs are good, but...

My brother got his done about 15 years ago and has never looked back.  He still has great sight.  My mom (73) had cataract surgery and had them fix her vision for her.  She is back in glasses already, but her near and middle vision is rather poor. She can still see far, though.  

I think it is a better value to get when you are younger as you get more "return" for your money.  There is a new form of lasik that can fix your eyes for both, but there are drawbacks, such as future touch ups are not encouraged.  You can always go the "mono-eye" route, though.  This is where they zap one eye for long distance and zap the other for close up.  It will take some getting used to, and some have trouble adjusting.  If you are interested in going that route, get contacts/glasses that provide that for you.  Get used to it that way, then zap your eyes.  If you can't do it, no harm done!

I had the mono vision done. Lasted about 15 years...no glasses for reading. Now I am 52 and my near vision is starting to fade, can still see great far away. They usually can tell if you can handle the mono right away. They put you in fake glasses and have you read near and far quickly after each other a few times. If you get nausea or a headache you are not a good candidate for the mono. I am trying to figure out what to do next. I really don't want to wear glasses or contacts for anything, such a pain in the rear, so freeing not having to deal with either. After 15 years I am spoiled. When I got it done I was working and had a medical reimbursement plan where I had put money in and could use for the procedure, it was about $2500. Could have gotten it cheaper, but I didn't like the dr that offered the lower price. Now I'd have to pay for it out of pocket and the dr that did mine the first time doesn't do surgeries any more, he went into research.

Checking in for September. Brad, I did send my info. Can't wait to see t-shirts. This has been so much fun.

Have to tell  you all about my latest crazy activity. I held a Sharknado-thon for my family. We watched all 6 Sharknado movies, one after the other, starting Friday night until Saturday morning. We had food, drinks, desserts, snacks, etc. I decorated with a lot of shark themed things, had shark plates, napkins, etc. Started with 21 folks, only 4 survived the entire night! It was so much fun. We started the movies at 8pm and were done at 6am! We are thinking of doing Jurassic Park/world next.

• Like 4