Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

GottaDEAL 2018 Black Friday T-Shirt Club Posting Thread

• Please log in to reply
1462 replies to this topic

#1171 Tara3117  OFFLINE  

Tara3117

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 27, 2018 - 8:21 am

I had PRK (which is basically Lasik for people with really terrible vision) and I've been pretty happy with it. I did it 7 years ago I think. I recently got glasses for night driving and I've been warned that I'll need reading glasses when I hit 40, but at least they won't be bifocals.

As for the actual surgery, they gave me valium and a little stuffed turtle to hold and it was fine. That was the part I was most worried about and it wasn't bad at all. Then you just spend the next two days in the dark and you're basically fine. The healing time was longer for PRK than Lasik, but still worth it.

"If Joan of Arc could turn the tide of an entire war before her eighteenth birthday, you can get out of bed." ~ E. Jean Carroll

#1172 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,125 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Aug 29, 2018 - 8:00 am

IMPORTANT T-SHIRT UPDATE!

OK, going to get a jump start on things for the t-shirts.

Assuming you are still in the club, send me a PM with the subject T-Shirt Club and include your choice of size (small through 4XL) and your mailing address.

I'll start a list and assuming you all post in September, October and November (or win another contest before then) you'll get your shirt. Sizes are first-come first-serve.

I'm doing this early so I know the quantities of each size I'll have left for giveaway and selling and if I need to order more of a certain size.

#1173 kellis4321  OFFLINE  

kellis4321

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Aug 29, 2018 - 8:18 am

thanks Brad.  I sent you my info.

#1174 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 29, 2018 - 8:41 am

Message Sent and I can't believe it's almost September.

#1175 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 1,135 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Aug 29, 2018 - 8:48 am

looks like FAO Schwarz is coming back so we might have a toy spot after all 

#1176 MariahA  OFFLINE  

MariahA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 Posts
  • Member since 2014

Posted Aug 29, 2018 - 10:53 am

Message sent to Brad. 2 hours away from my other Black Friday - huge kids consignment sale! So many deals to be found tonight!

#1177 jstluvem  OFFLINE  

jstluvem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Aug 29, 2018 - 12:55 pm

Woohoo!
Thanks Brad

#1178 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 29, 2018 - 1:17 pm

Ten years with no glasses seems like a good thing.  What happens after ten years?  Do it again?  Eyesight slowly reverts (or maybe declines from day #1)?  Eyesight is worse than before the surgery?  How much does lasik cost?

After about 10 years, I'll need glasses to correct my up close vision (which currently is very good), so I guess you could say my condition will reverse. It's apparently the nature of my eyes. Lasik is easily a couple grand and my insurance won't cover the doctor I'd want to go to for it, so it would be completely out of pocket. When my contacts + solutions run me roughly $400 over 5 years (and half of that is covered by insurance), not worth it to me for only 10 years' worth of benefit.

For those curious: Kitty in my pic is current furbaby, Mew, curled up in a box far too small for her. Ha! "If I fits, I sleeps!"

NASCAR fan (particularly JGR pit crews - many friends there), diehard UM Wolverine fan, animal lover, car girl, cookie baker, singer, bargain hunter. Yep. That about covers it. lol :cool:

#1179 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,125 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Aug 29, 2018 - 3:49 pm

Shout out to the member who PMed me their address and t-shirt size despite not being in the club. Nice try :P

The shirts (at least the first batch of them) are scheduled to be delivered Tuesday. I’ll post pics when I get them along with the “extra” item exclusively for club members :)

#1180 stationchief  OFFLINE  

stationchief

Super Ultra Uber Geeky BF Mod

• 4,440 Posts
  • Member since 2005
  • Location: Phoenix, Arizona, Earth, Sol star system, Milky Way galaxy, Known universe!

Posted Aug 29, 2018 - 6:04 pm

Brad, perhaps we need another list of folks who are still in the 'Club' once August is out this Saturday. Where has the month gone? :confused:

Oh, and info sent :)

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything." - Dr. Emmett L. Brown

#1181 giz  OFFLINE  

giz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Aug 29, 2018 - 7:38 pm

Nice. Thanks, Brad. PM sent.

#1182 smurfgirl  OFFLINE  

smurfgirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Aug 30, 2018 - 1:57 am

Info sent!

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

#1183 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,308 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 30, 2018 - 5:42 am

Brad, perhaps we need another list of folks who are still in the 'Club' once August is out this Saturday. Where has the month gone? :confused:

Oh, and info sent :)

The last few months have FLOWN by. It's crazy how quickly the end of the year is approaching.

#1184 bossy1  ONLINE  

bossy1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Aug 30, 2018 - 7:02 am

info sent...I hope(technically challenged sometimes)  ...hehe

#1185 tracy0504  OFFLINE  

tracy0504

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Aug 30, 2018 - 7:05 am

I am ready for more conversation on this site...this is one of my highlights of the season since it allows me to discuss BF and Christmas whenever I want without judgement...at least I don't think anyone's judging me  :giggle:

#1186 rlbarajas  OFFLINE  

rlbarajas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 30, 2018 - 7:10 am

Info sent

#1187 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,125 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Aug 30, 2018 - 10:31 am

We're still at 49 members. We haven't lost anyone since June and everyone is in for August already.

Here's the list:

abentley
BFgrl79
bluebear
Bopeep
bossy1
budgetsRsexy
chachn8r
cherry33778
chester5
cjdav
dantegirl
deelite
Doresia
Gator Pam
gatorburg
giz
HanShotFirst
hillbillyswife
ilikefree
jesusluvu
jstluvem
Kanyon71
kellis4321
kimpooh19
laddhorn
LainieB
len_mullen
m13april
magickallight
MariahA
mcwalker
mgreen
msyves
Peppermint
qtpie
racerfan
redeyejay
riven3d
rlbarajas
rockpzazz
sas377
smurfgirl
speeddiva
stacya
stationchief
stina629
sunni0913
totallyBF
tyreejames

Thanks to the 20+ of you who have PMed me your shirt info already. Hopefully I hear from the rest in the next week once everyone comes back for their September posts.

#1188 magickallight  OFFLINE  

magickallight

• 50,125 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 30, 2018 - 10:46 am

Whooo -hoooo - still in the club. :) Info on it's way. Gotta add to t-shirt collection. ;)

#1189 bossy1  ONLINE  

bossy1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Aug 30, 2018 - 11:59 am

I am ready for more conversation on this site...this is one of my highlights of the season since it allows me to discuss BF and Christmas whenever I want without judgement...at least I don't think anyone's judging me  :giggle:

I'm  judging you!!!...what took you so long to start?  lol :lmao:

#1190 speeddiva  OFFLINE  

speeddiva

This Space for Rent

• 2,266 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 30, 2018 - 1:16 pm

What a crazy month it’s been!

My Christmas lists got bigger...using DNA , I found my biological parents! My bio mom has passed away but I have 2 half-sisters from her and my biological father is still alive. He didn’t know I even existed so we have been getting to know each other. I have 1 half-sister from him. So long story short...I started 2018 as an orphaned only child and now I have a father again along with 3 sisters, a step mom, 2 nieces, a nephew and aunts, uncles and cousins!

Sent from my iPad using GottaDEAL

#1191 BFgrl79  OFFLINE  

BFgrl79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Aug 30, 2018 - 1:37 pm

Oh wow speeddiva, that’s amazing! :)

#1192 rlbarajas  OFFLINE  

rlbarajas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 30, 2018 - 3:11 pm

That’s amazing speeddiva! Congratulations to you

#1193 sas377  OFFLINE  

sas377

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Aug 31, 2018 - 4:09 am

My Christmas lists got bigger...using DNA , I found my biological parents! My bio mom has passed away but I have 2 half-sisters from her and my biological father is still alive. He didn’t know I even existed so we have been getting to know each other. I have 1 half-sister from him. So long story short...I started 2018 as an orphaned only child and now I have a father again along with 3 sisters, a step mom, 2 nieces, a nephew and aunts, uncles and cousins!

Congrats!  On the side, I am a Genetic Genealogist and a Search Angel with DNA Detectives.  Love hearing reunion stories!

#1194 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 1,135 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Aug 31, 2018 - 7:17 am

How wonderful!!!!!! This is so exciting and it is not even me!!!!! This made my day...... My wife and I love the Long lost family show and this would be a beautiful episode. I hope this new chapter in your life is filled with so much love and joy

#1195 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 31, 2018 - 12:17 pm

Shout out to the member who PMed me their address and t-shirt size despite not being in the club. Nice try :P

The shirts (at least the first batch of them) are scheduled to be delivered Tuesday. I’ll post pics when I get them along with the “extra” item exclusively for club members :)

Wasn't me. I know I missed the cut. (DARN IT!!!) lol  :tongue1:

For those curious: Kitty in my pic is current furbaby, Mew, curled up in a box far too small for her. Ha! "If I fits, I sleeps!"

NASCAR fan (particularly JGR pit crews - many friends there), diehard UM Wolverine fan, animal lover, car girl, cookie baker, singer, bargain hunter. Yep. That about covers it. lol :cool:

#1196 Kash  OFFLINE  

Kash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Aug 31, 2018 - 3:15 pm

Wasn't me. I know I missed the cut. (DARN IT!!!) lol  :tongue1:

yep, I'm in the almost made it club too.... thats ok we can still try to win one in the contests :)

#1197 tracy0504  OFFLINE  

tracy0504

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Aug 31, 2018 - 3:30 pm

Wasn't me. I know I missed the cut. (DARN IT!!!) lol :tongue1:

Me too!!!! We'll just have to win one

Sent from my SM-G965U using GottaDEAL mobile app

#1198 rockpzazz  OFFLINE  

rockpzazz

Master Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 31, 2018 - 8:04 pm

I will send a PM sometime this weekend.  I can't believe its almost September already.  It's about time for the site to start picking up.

I'm just a dude trying to find a good deal.

MIZ! ZOU!

Kansas City Royals fan since birth.  Even the bad years!

#1199 racerfan  OFFLINE  

racerfan

• 3,961 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 31, 2018 - 10:21 pm

I cannot believe it is SEPTEMBER!!   My Daughter went back to school on Tuesday, this is her last year of college.  :( :( :(  My baby

Stationchief are you getting everything ready?  Let me know when you are setting up :)

#1200 bossy1  ONLINE  

bossy1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Sep 1, 2018 - 2:25 am

WOW...September already!...cant believe that I get to have MY one day a year to go shop crazy in less than 3 months...checking in for Sept....only 2 more check-ins till T-shirt time.

Thanks Brad this has been an awesome contest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users