GottaDEAL 2018 Black Friday T-Shirt Club Posting Thread

Brad

Quick question...I'm typically up after midnight, but I'm on Eastern time... what time zone are we using for this, because if I remember correctly, Brad, you are in WI, so that would be central, I believe? I'm sure I could just do it another time, but it'll be easy to take care of December later tonight, but I don't want to think it's done when I may be an hour too early...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using GottaDEAL mobile app

Quick question...I'm typically up after midnight, but I'm on Eastern time... what time zone are we using for this, because if I remember correctly, Brad, you are in WI, so that would be central, I believe? I'm sure I could just do it another time, but it'll be easy to take care of December later tonight, but I don't want to think it's done when I may be an hour too early...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using GottaDEAL mobile app

That's covered in the first post. Central Time.

• Like 1

Lots of interest in this contest.  Should be a LOT of posts by the end.  May I suggest that, starting in December we all post something that would have broad interest?  Just so people read the thread rather than tacking on an, "I'm here!"  Maybe post about some good deal or some way you make/save money or review a product?  Or tell a story.  

• Like 4

Brad you might as well postage my package now LOL!!! Btw, my BF deals continued, got a full recline, lay flat, lift up arm chair recliner at Rooms 2 Go outlet for $400, it was priced at $680, original price was $800, but the one I liked better didn't work and the alternates were butt ugly LOL. Plus got 2 very nice lamps for $28/ea! I got the best news this week regarding my upcoming move, so I spoiled myself a little ;)

Edited by cherry33778

Merry Christmas everyone.  We had a robust conversation about home automation in the BF Discussions which touched on some of the uses of some of the Amazon Echo devices.  I have been smitten with the Amazon show.  More important, my MOTHER has been smitten by the show.  My mother is nearly 80 years old and has managed to avoid technology for nearly a century.  I have installed computers which boot to social media.  I disguised a tablet as an electronic picture frame which jumped into social media at a touch of the screen.  To date, I have had no success at all.

A few months back, I invited my mother to dinner.  She sat at the kitchen table as I prepared the meal and became curiouser and curiouser as I went about my business setting timers, asking for quantity conversions, and adding things to my grocery list.  Then I asked Alexa to play a radio station and she had to ask what this thing was.  

Since then, Alexa has added calling and 'drop in' features and, after using these myself, I have decided to put a show in my mother's kitchen.  I was very fortunate to get one from QVC for $155 the week of BF (which included a smart outlet and a couple free subscriptions).  Now I am compiling a list of 'skills' my mother might find useful.  I'll laminate the list and tuck it under the show.  Here is what I have so far.  Please feel free to add suggestions as a reply to this message or via PM...

Communication...

• Alexa call [name of echo device]
  • Alexa answer
  • Alexa ignore
  • Alexa hangup

Timers

• Alexa set a timer for ten minutes
  • Alexa set a turkey timer for 90 minutes
  • Alexa show timers 
  • Alexa how much time is left on my turkey timer
  • Alexa cancel my turkey timer
  • Alexa stop

Alarms

• Alexa set an alarm for 5:45pm
  • Alexa cancel alarm
  • Alexa set an alarm for 6:00am weekdays
  • Alexa cancel weekdays alarm at 6:00am
  • Alexa set an alarm for 10:00am weekends
  • Alexa cancel weekends alarm at 10:00am
  • Alexa set an alarm for everyday at 9:00am
  • Alexa cancel alarm for everyday at 8:00am
  • Alexa show alarms
  • Alexa stop

Kitchen Help

• Alexa how many teaspoons in a table spoon
  • Alexa show me a recipe for hard boiled eggs

Music

• Alexa play my Christmas list
  • Alexa play my 50s list
  • Alexa shuffle
  • Alexa turn off shuffle
  • Alexa play [call letters of radio station]
  • Alexa louder
  • Alexa softer
  • Alexa stop

Useful

• Alexa what is the weather for today
  • Alexa what is the seven day forecast
  • Alexa what time is it
  • Alexa what day of the week does Christmas fall on
  • Alexa how many days until Jan. 20, 2021
  • Alexa what is the phone number for Home Depot

Fun

• Alexa what happened on this day
  • Alexa whose birthday is it
  • Alexa what is in the news
  • Alexa tell me about [anything]
  • Alexa show photos

Merry Christmas!

• Like 3

Happy December 1st... does anyone else buy too much on Black Friday? You know, just in case you might need it? I now have 3 air fryers, 2 printers, 2 Pioneer Woman gadget sets and the list goes on. Might return a couple things today. ;-)
  • Like 2