GottaDEAL 2018 Black Friday T-Shirt Club Posting Thread

Brad

Hey Brad...if your thinking about something special for club members I have an idea...with all the crowds,bumping,and shoving how about something like a fanny pack..fits cards ,keys,money,and other needed items. Its small, useful and easy to keep track of. I use one every year and found out it is THE WAY to go...not the height of fashion but in this crime ridden society it is  a prudent and smart item just like ALL of the GD BF club members...What do you guys think?( plus size wont matter and it"s not gender specific.)

Down to 49 after June. We lost rocky41102, stevierocks and wittenlover.

I've been thinking about the t-shirts and I don't know if I'm going to be able to do special versions for club members. The issue is I'll be placing the t-shirt order very soon so I can get it out of the way, so I won't be able to know who is going to "survive" until November. I could be left with 10-20 "club" shirts that will go unused if we keep losing 3-4 people each month.

So I'm thinking of getting something else made exclusively for club members to send with your shirts. More on that later :P

I've been thinking about the t-shirts and I don't know if I'm going to be able to do special versions for club members. The issue is I'll be placing the t-shirt order very soon so I can get it out of the way, so I won't be able to know who is going to "survive" until November. I could be left with 10-20 "club" shirts that will go unused if we keep losing 3-4 people each month.

So I'm thinking of getting something else made exclusively for club members to send with your shirts. More on that later :P

Happy July everyone!

Have a safe and cool 4th

Brad how about one of those stainless steel tumblers or water bottles?

I was planning on telling a story each month, but I guess a couple weeks of 90+ degree weather has melted my brain as I'm drawing a blank.  So no story this month, but figured I needed to drop by.

How about a headband or armband that has the Gottadeal logo on it, athletes wear them when them in practice and sometimes in games.  I've always considered Black Friday to be like a sport- how else do you manage to get all the good deals, and all the hours of prep?  So maybe that could be a bonus for the members who make it all the way to November.

It's Christmas in July time!  I watched QVC Christmas items most of the day yesterday, and Christmas movies on Netflix yesterday evening. QVC has an 11 foot inflatable Santa driving a truck delivering a tree.  I don't usually like inflatables that much, but I sure wished I could afford that :).   Unfortunately, I don't have the Hallmark Movies channel that is already showing Christmas movies. 

I bought quite a bit on Amazon Prime Day last year. Nothing at all the year before. So, I'm looking forward to seeing what is available this year.

Most of all, we're on the downhill slide to Black Friday! My most favorite time of the year!!  :trampolin

• Like 2

Checking in for July.  It my birthday month also! I'M GOING TO BE 20!!!!! oops, that maybe should have said 50  :grandpa:  Hope everyone has a fun and safe 4th!!!!  :usaribbon  :usflag:

If you get to go back to 20, I get to go back to 16!  LET'S DO THIS! 

Checking in for July.  It my birthday month also! I'M GOING TO BE 20!!!!! oops, that maybe should have said 50  :grandpa:  Hope everyone has a fun and safe 4th!!!!  :usaribbon  :usflag:

Well, 2017 was a difficult year.  I turned 56 this year, but have decided to be 22 for the rest of my life.  When I was 22, I had plenty of money and no responsibilities.  That worked for me!   :woot2:  :gd_purple  :greenappl  :gd_pineap  :gd_orange  :gd_not_ri  :gd_ebates  :banana01:  :gdinlove:  :gdflower5:  :gdfrenchy:  :gdyback:  :gdrockf:  :gd_devild  :dazzler:

• Like 2

It's July I'm going to London and Paris in 7 days I haven't packed and I'm beginning to panic I'm also very worried about scammers anybody ever dealt with these people a broad??

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

Edited by totallyBF
  • Like 1

checking in for July.. and hope everyone has a great safe happy 4th of July! ... with half the months done did we get a tally of how many are still here?i guess ill scroll and see

lost me how? i posted and even wrote that june would be busy with project grad so i was posting in early june?? 

Edited by stevierocks

aww man what the heck.?? i even said" posting for June.".. but it is stamped may 31st.. oh well .. :(       i had thought i had posted in this thread and then didn't do it again when i thought i already had..   well it was fun while it lasted !  and a great idea brad to keep the site active!

• Like 1

It's July I'm going to London and Paris in 7 days I haven't packed and I'm beginning to panic I'm also very worried about scammers anybody ever dealt with these people a broad??

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

I went to Paris and London back in April for the first time and my best advice is don’t worry! As far as scammers go, just be aware of your surroundings and your stuff like you would any other time. If someone asks you if you speak English, say no, or ‘non’, French for no. If someone approaches you to sign a petition or if they are holding a clipboard and ask if you speak English, say no. Just walk away from those people. You’ll really only run into them at the heavy tourist areas, like the Eiffel Tower for instance. If you use the Metro, just keep your purse/wallet/phone secure like you would on a train here and you’ll be fine. I never once had anyone try anything the 8 days I was there. I read a lot of horror stories about people being scammed or pickpocketed but just take some basic precaution. Paris is absolutely wonderful and we only spent 6 hours or so in London but it’s great as well! I hope you really enjoy the trip and see everything you can! :)

Happy 4th Of July everyone!!

bumper stickers would be neat (with an option to buy for those of us who messed up a month :(

OK, it's July 4th. Too early to see any fireworks just yet. I will be 52 on Sunday. We have an excessive heat warning for Friday through Sunday. Still haven't found my dream home, but haven't given up hope. I like the fanny pack idea, not the water bottle or cup, because then you have to carry it and I don't have any more hands. I also don't do bumper stickers (I am leasing). School starts on August 8th, which is way too early. Just working around the house today and thought I would stop and post. 

As for the 'Something Special' discussion, I would prefer something wearable (in New Hampshire, a fanny pack is not wearable for most guys).  While a t-shirt or sweatshirt would be great, I suggest a hat.  Maybe 'Make Black Friday Great Again' with a GottaDeal logo or 'if you can read this...'.  In cooler climates, a hat would be better advertising than a coat covered shirt...

https://makehatsgreatagain.us/

We want 48+ hats with our company name on the back/front!
Email us, and we can make this happen! It'll be a bit more expensive, but we can do it. (We're unable to do logos.)

mbfgahat.jpg

edit: Lots of Custom Hats on the cheap here: https://www.google.com/search?q=custom+baseball+caps&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS767US767&oq=custom+baseball+caps

Edited by len_mullen
  • Like 6