GottaDEAL 2018 Black Friday T-Shirt Club Posting Thread

Brad

When you work 12-hr shifts and your first day of your week is on Sundays springing forward sucks! The only thing good about it is that I get to see some daylight when I clock out for awhile. Going and coming to/from work in the dark is the pits for me.

Otherwise I’m ready for spring. My flower beds are mostly cleaned up and ready for Lowe’s/Home Depot spring mulch sale.

Congratulations to everyone for their weight losses!

I thought Lowe's would have had their mulch sale during this Spring Black Friday event....but I didn't see it. :-(
  • Like 1

they have garden soil 5 bags for 10.00

I did see that and thought well heck. Lol

My beds are going to need their 15-20 bags of mulch. Maybe Home Depot or Menards will come through. [emoji1]

• Like 1

TRU just proved once more to me, why they're going out of business. I have one son who is a HUGE Boba Fett fan, and I don't know that he's even aware that Lego now makes a big Boba Fett construction figure, but TRU had it for $29.99. First time I'd ever seen it, so I almost bought it there. Googled it, and it was $6 cheaper every place else. I will miss the variety of what TRU carries, and the TRU exclusive items, but my oldest two are almost aged out of everything there now, aside from Legos and video games, and before I know it, my 8 year old girl will be done, too...

I haven't shopped at TRU in years as our only daughter is now 17, and I too often found better deals elsewhere.  But still somewhat surprised to see it go under.  Perhaps with it out of the way, some other B&M stores will expand their toy offerings to compete for the business.

I don't know why everyone wants spring to come. All it does is bring stupid pollen. A-Choo!!

The older I get the more it seems that spring and allergic reactions start to come so I like the warmth but cutting grass and yellow cars .... I will pass 

They did a few weeks back. 4 FOR 10 . Home Depot did as well, unless your looking for the 5 FOR 10 deal

Looking for 5 for $10 deal. Just got Menards ad ... They have 5 for $9.00 in- store only today, Saturday and Sunday.

It is supposed to snow Sunday, but gotta get ready for Spring. lol

Oh my goodness I’m cutting it close on the deadline this month [emoji15]

I realize what I’m about to say makes me odd man out, but I am not excited about warmer weather. Warmer weather means melted snow and rain and dreaded muddy paws, my nemesis. I hate having to wipe off my dogs feet every time he comes in (and if I don’t there would be paw prints all over my house). [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

Happy April!

Happy Spring!

Happy Easter!

The pollen has arrived and my cute little car has taken on the putrid yellow/green color of the season.

today though, winter has returned. We’re barely going to crack 50 degrees today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter despite the weather. Me, no holiday here. Off to work I go.

Happy Easter! I wish I could say spring is here, but we are supposed to get 2-4” of snow this afternoon. But I am super excited that it’s finally April; I have a huge trip coming up in a couple weeks and I can’t wait! Time to get used to saying ‘bonjour’!!

Happy Easter! It's going to be sunny and in the 70s today, so pretty perfect weather here. Sorry for everyone wth snow.

And spring break this week, hooray! My husband an do both work for the school system, so we have a list of projects ready for the week!

Happy Easter.  Hope you and a very spiritual and chocolaty Sunday.  

With the snow melting and trees budding, I only have one thing on my mind -- snow blowers.

I have a 220' single car width driveway which runs up a 20 degree incline in southern New Hampshire. For nearly two decades, I have been abusing a Craftsman 9hp 29" 536.887990. The motor is 19.34 in3 or 317cc or 11cc/inch. It has served me well, but really needs a lot of work and I think it's time to move on. It's pretty dark on my street, so I would like a snow blower with a useful headlamp. The top of my driveway is big enough for four F150s. I'd like a blower that can throw the snow off that area. Right now, I have to move heavy snow twice.

I'm not mechanical, so I am looking for something that just runs. While I have never had problems with the carburetor on this blower, I am interested in the EFI models. I don't really have a budget, but I do not want to spend more than I have to. My window for the purchase is from now until next winter and have just begun gathering data. 

I have reviewed Consumer Reports article on snow blowers and been reading a lot of reviews and watching a lot of videos. I registered here so I could see images and files like the snow blower spreadsheet. The welcome email suggested I post an introduction. Hello! I'm collecting information and welcome any input.

• Should I shop end of year sales or wait for preseason sales?
  • Is there anything coming in the new models that I ought to wait for?
  • Is there anything being improved or corrected in this year's models I should wait for?
  • Is a model going away that I really ought to get?
  • Is EFI a significant improvement over carbureted models?
  • Is EFI too new to consider?
  • Is three stage a gimmick?
  • In the 11cc/inch class, are there any models to avoid?
  • Any sure things?
Any strong feelings on these...Finally, to bring this thing back on topic, when is the best time to shop for a snow blower?  Given the snowfall this winter, there are few on store floors by now.  Are there good preseason sales?  I don't recall any Black Friday deals, but I have not been looking. Edited by len_mullen

Happy Easter! Really pretty and sunny here today but still cold. Only into the lower 40's today is predicted. I'm hoping it is a huge April Fool's joke and it gets warmer than that, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Back from Sunrise Service at church this morning and am getting everything ready for our Easter dinner. Have a great day everyone!