GottaDEAL 2018 Black Friday T-Shirt Club Posting Thread

Brad

Antenna for a HDTV, that's what I meant ;) Most folks I know just call them digital antennas even though, technically speaking, that's an incorrect statement. I'm old so when I think 'antennas'' I remember the old rabbit ears that come out of the back of square tube TVs with tin foil on them to try to improve the reception.

No such thing as an antenna for HDTV either. The rabbit ears you remember would work just fine today.  The 'ears' are vhf antennas and the loop is for uhf.  

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n_1?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A172665%2Ck%3Arabbit+ears&keywords=rabbit+ears&ie=UTF8&qid=1517876083&rnid=2941120011

Killer for me is my apartment is half underground (ground level) with no good place for an antenna to pull signal in. Have yet to find a way to "cut the cord" and still get what I want that ultimately will cost less than what I'm already paying. (Right now, my options are basically a wash, cost-wise.)

• Like 1

We have one of the Toys R' Us that is closing, so sad. Closing sales started today. Mostly 10% off. Found a couple clearance items for a new niece arriving in April. Hoping to get a steal on a bike for my older son's bday.

I haven’t even checked which one(s) near us might be closing

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

State health department here estimates 8-10 more weeks before the flu outbreak peaks. Being a healthcare worker I might just poop out if it does last that much longer.

On a side note, I finally assembled the carpet cleaner I bought Black Friday weekend. Haven’t turned it on yet though.

• Like 1

Is it sad that at toys r us today I bought the granddaughter an advent calendar? It is “Frozen” was normally $29.99 marked down to $4.98.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

Count me as jealous too! I am actually surprised at what I have accomplished in my shopping over the last month. I came up with some great ideas for my adult children for next Christmas, and I have purchased many items already at amazing prices. My son in law left all of his cast iron cookware in their mechanical room when they sold their home (oops!) so I have had several items in my Amazon cart waiting for price drops.....and I am certain my UPS driver hates me for all the purchases! Things like these purchases make me happy!

• Like 1

My kids move things around the house so it's a very real dream for me!

Heard on a podcast about the ridiculous amount of rigid plastics that end up in waterways and the ocean because they don't break down or aren't recycled. One thing they suggested was using social media to get in touch with manufacturers, like toy manufacturers, and demand less packaging. The next step they recommended was, after purchase, taking the toy out of the plastic right in the store and having the store get rid of it. Eventually the store would put pressure on the manufacturers to reduce packaging. Needless to say I am inspired for my next shopping trip!

Bargains, baking, and Black Friday!

• Like 1

I finally received the last of my rebate gift cards from Macy's today for the "Free after Rebate" items that I bought on Black Friday.  I got seven totaling $80 for buying various qualifying items.  It took a while, but free is free (after rebate).

And speaking of the flu, like last year, I got my flu shot at Target (CVS) pharmacy on the day before Thanksgiving and got a promotional $5 Target gift card.  I haven't had the flu since I started taking the shots every year more than 10 years ago.  Sympathies to those who are suffering.

Edited by mcwalker
  • Like 3

I finally received the last of my rebate gift cards from Macy's today for the "Free after Rebate" items that I bought on Black Friday.  I got seven totaling $80 for buying various qualifying items.  It took a while, but free is free (after rebate).

And speaking of the flu, like last year, I got my flu shot at Target (CVS) pharmacy on the day before Thanksgiving and got a promotional $5 Target gift card.  I haven't had the flu since I started taking the shots every year more than 10 years ago.  Sympathies to those who are suffering.

Still waiting on my rebates.  I had 2.  One for $100 for purchasing appliances and one for $40 for purchasing a pair of monitors.  Both have emailed me saying they have received my submission (mailed out in December...got confirmation about the first of February lol)  and I'll eventually get them.  Maybe in March or April! 

I'm done with February. Just done. My one year old had Roseola beginning of the month; 105.6 fever. Then a Double ear infection, was getting better on antibiotics then spiked another fever. Took him back to the doctor today, he's been a little snotty and congested. I thought he maybe had a cold or it was the wrong antibiotic. No, he has (insert a few naughty words of your choice that I don't usually use) RSV. I'm done with this month. My poor baby

I'm done with February. Just done. My one year old had Roseola beginning of the month; 105.6 fever. Then a Double ear infection, was getting better on antibiotics then spiked another fever. Took him back to the doctor today, he's been a little snotty and congested. I thought he maybe had a cold or it was the wrong antibiotic. No, he has (insert a few naughty words of your choice that I don't usually use) RSV. I'm done with this month. My poor baby

. Wow!!!! That is just aweful. I hate to see the baby's suffering.
  • Like 1

I'm so sorry to hear this. Bless his little heart. Hugs to you Mama. I know how scary it can be. 

• Like 1