GottaDEAL 2018 Black Friday T-Shirt Club Posting Thread

Brad

February 1!! Thankfully it was a mild January here in PA, which is why I feel like the month went by so much faster than it typically does. And now it's a short month, and then we don't typically get much, if any, snow in March...so ready for spring, but it's by no means been a horrible winter (at least not as of yet).

Sent from my Moto G (4) using GottaDEAL mobile app

• Like 1

Hello February!

Got called in to work this AM for a few hours and now all I want to do is take a nap snuggled under my heated throw and my oh so kind neighbor decides now would be a good time to start banging around on his boat............grrrrrr.

67 degrees yesterday, low 50’s today and even colder tomorrow. Oh my aching head.

• Like 1

Am I the only one that can't stand for any of the forum headings to be bold?  If I don't actually read every post, I have to go click "mark as read" on every forum, even the Black Friday Archives (I assume people go in to the archives and "like" old posts, and that's why they're bold?). Ya, I'm sure it's probably just me. LOL

Wow I can’t believe it’s already February! I just know the groundhog is going to curse us tomorrow with six more weeks of winter. Fortunately I’m heading for Vegas next week so I can soak in 65-70 degrees versus 25-30 degrees for a few days! I can’t wait!
  • Like 1

Am I the only one that can't stand for any of the forum headings to be bold? If I don't actually read every post, I have to go click "mark as read" on every forum, even the Black Friday Archives (I assume people go in to the archives and "like" old posts, and that's why they're bold?). Ya, I'm sure it's probably just me. LOL

I use the view new content read what I want then scroll down and select mark all as read

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

I'm pretty happy, a new Dollar General just opened about 200 yards from my place, and its pretty sweet.  In a town of under 1000 people and no grocery store, that is a pretty huge deal.  Now can't wait to see what happens on Black Friday, I might have to camp out.

• Like 3

What happened to winter? It's been in the high 70's and 80's. Been recovering from my sprained ankle. Trying to get back in the swing of things. OTR microwave on the blinks, $500 to repair, over 10 years old, guess i have to SHOP for a new one!! Can't wait until black friday, need a microwave.

Sent from my SM-G955U using GottaDEAL mobile app

Am I the only one that can't stand for any of the forum headings to be bold?  If I don't actually read every post, I have to go click "mark as read" on every forum, even the Black Friday Archives (I assume people go in to the archives and "like" old posts, and that's why they're bold?). Ya, I'm sure it's probably just me. LOL

There is also a "Mark Community Read" link at the bottom-left of every page. Clicking that will make the whole forum "read".

OK, I wrote a quick script to see who is still in.

Not counting me, we started with 71 members who posted in November:

2bauer4
abentley
AuntieJul
BFgrl79
bluebear
Bopeep
bossy1
budgetsRsexy
chachn8r
chelamarc
cherry33778
chester5
Cinnamonhuskies
cjdav
dantegirl
deelite
Doresia
Gator Pam
gatorburg
giz
HanShotFirst
hillbillyswife
hockeyfanamo
ilikefree
jesusluvu
jstluvem
julz0420
Kanyon71
Kash
kellis4321
kimpooh19
laddhorn
LainieB
len_mullen
lis415529
lucyismycat
m13april
magickallight
MariahA
mcwalker
mgreen
msyves
nicole20
ogadoga
Peppermint
Pepper_Mint_Tea
qtpie
queenkishaa
racerfan
redeyejay
riven3d
rlbarajas
rockpzazz
rocky41102
sas377
shoptillidrop2
Silverstreak24
smurfgirl
speeddiva
srivassh
stacya
starbeck96
stationchief
stevierocks
stina629
sunni0913
tear1469
totallyBF
tracy0504
tyreejames
wittenlover

In December, 5 members dropped out:
dropped out: Cinnamonhuskies
dropped out: julz0420
dropped out: Pepper_Mint_Tea
dropped out: Silverstreak24
dropped out: srivassh

In January, 6 more members dropped out:
dropped out: 2bauer4
dropped out: chelamarc
dropped out: lucyismycat
dropped out: nicole20
dropped out: queenkishaa
dropped out: tear1469

So we're already down from 71 to 60. If anyone thinks they are showing as dropped out when they shouldn't be, post here and let me know what days your posts were for each month.

I'll run the script at the beginning of each month to see who has left us.

• Like 9

Hey Happy February there is only 325 days left until Thanksgiving!!!!  I am started taking online classes with Coursera if anyone has ever heard of it. It is offering a  Google IT Support Professional Certificate which google is paying for too. I get to take the whole year to do the classes in instead of cramming it all in within a few weeks. 

• Like 5

What happened to winter? It's been in the high 70's and 80's. Been recovering from my sprained ankle. Trying to get back in the swing of things. OTR microwave on the blinks, $500 to repair, over 10 years old, guess i have to SHOP for a new one!! Can't wait until black friday, need a microwave.

Sent from my SM-G955U using GottaDEAL mobile app

Winter settled over NW Ohio, that's what happened to it!! Ugh, I'm not a happy camper! Icky weather and I, too, am recovering from surgery. Off work for 6 weeks. Get to go back on Feb. 28, my birthday. Happy Birthday to me! :eyepoppin:razz:

Good morning.  Hopefully everyone has installed an antenna by now.  If you are planning to watch the Superbowl, you will get no better picture than uncompressed broadcast television.  Remember, colors count.  You are probably going to want to record all those expensive ads and maybe even the football game.  Time to consider a DVR. 

For cord cutters, a DVR restores a lot of the 'cable tv' experience.  Most DVRs have some sort of Electronic Program Guide (EPG) and support trick play (rewind, pause, fast forward, etc.).  Of course, they record or time-shift television.

Cord cutters have a lot of DVR options.  Most of the inexpensive digital-to-analog converters have an EPG and can record if you attach a usb disk.  Here's one that costs less than $30...

https://www.amazon.com/Mediasonic-HOMEWORX-HW130STB-Converter-Recording/dp/B01EW098XS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1517477897&sr=1-1&keywords=dvr

Twenty one bucks for a digital-to-analog converter that includes a video recorder, program guide, and trick play.  Amazing!  Of course you will need to provide a usb device for storage and the DVR only has one tuner, but the HOMEWORX HW130STB gets the job done on the cheap with no monthly fees.

Most people use the word TiVo as a synonym for DVR.  TiVo has been around since 1999 and has carved out a sizable niche of dedicated followers.  For me, their DVRs have been unattractive because of their monthly fees and very expensive Lifetime subscription cost.  In the last couple years, the cost of a Lifetime subscription has tumbled,  My family purchased five TiVos.  TiVo also offers a subscription free Mini which allows a TiVo to be used from a second room.  We have (and love) two Minis.  A TiVo Roamio/OTA with Lifetime goes for $400 ($350 for a refurb), but new units sold for $200 on Cyber Monday and $300 off and on over the last two years.  The Roamio has four tuners and current models have 1t of storage.  TiVo DVRs also include popular streaming apps like Netflix and Amazon Instant Video.  More expensive models support voice control and 4k.  Get one for the Big Game at Best Buy...

https://www.google.com/search?q=tivo+roamio+ota&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS767US767&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjilIvFv4TZAhWQjVkKHazqCK4Q_AUICigB&biw=1463&bih=839#spd=15471281417116101395

Less expensive alternatives to the TiVo include the $100 Channel Master Stream+ and Sling's $130 AirTV.  The Stream+ is only available for pre-order at this time.  It integrates OTA (broadcast television) with streaming apps, but lacks the most popular apps.  AirTV integrates Sling's streaming service with broadcast television.  If you are using Sling TV, this might be a great way to add local channels.

https://www.channelmaster.com/Stream_Plus_p/cm-7600.htm

https://www.airtv.net/products/airtv_player/

https://www.amazon.com/AirTV-Streaming-Media-Player-Adapter/dp/B0777M7X84/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1517481233&sr=8-2&keywords=sling+airtv

If your home is not pre-wired for cable tv or you have a lot of televisions you watch from time to time or all of your televisions are equipped with Rokus or Fire TVs, you may want to consider a whole house DVR.  Tablo TV is the winner in this space.  With Tablo TV, you attach the DVR to your antenna and network then stream television to a smart TV or streaming device.  A two tuner Tablo TV costs $200 and four tuners will set you back $250.  You also have to spring for a storage device and pay for their service ($4.99/mo, $49.99/yr, or $149.99/Life).  

https://www.tablotv.com/store/

Anyone actually cut the cord in 2018?