What did you buy? How were the crowds? Share your experiences!

Brad

Ventured to Best Buy for the Samsung Galaxy 8 Phone deal around 9PM. Easily the most crowded store I went to last night. Took us about 2 hours to get in and out.

Then we headed to JC Penney. I was going for shirts for myself and they were almost sold out but I was able to get a few.

Wal-Mart was 3rd on the list. They were not crowded at all. I am guessing it is because they were closing at midnight?? I was able to snag the book set I went for. I may even head back today for some of those great Pajama deals for my kids.

Finally, Kohls was last on my list and I debated saving it for today because usually their line is a nightmare!! However, for the first time in my BF experience, the line did not extend all the way to the back of the store!! I used my free $5 coupon and got a Paw Patrol Lookout tower playset, kids paw patrol headphones, and some toddler clothes so I could earn the Kohl's Cash. I spotted a pallet full of their Hoverboard doorbuster and am seriously considering going back to get it for my 12 year old. He has been saving his money to buy one and I can't help but to think he will take better care of it if he spends his own money on it!!

Tried to get the $249 iPad at Walmart (online) last night for my mom but was sold out.  Figured I'd try again this morning at 8am without any sort of expectation that they would still be available but I was able to get one of the last 2 for pickup today!

Unfortunately on Target's website, things were selling out as fast as I was adding things to my cart.  Tried to get the $10 appliances and the Google Home mini but every time I returned to my cart, they were gone.  Just wound up with 1 game for my DD on Target which was still half price and was able to go to Best Buy to get the google home mini for the same price, still with a $10 gift card!   Still looking for some cheap appliances for my daughter and her first apartment she just moved into, but have some time to continue to search.

Only other purchases were good deals at Victoria's Secret, a Sephora gift card purchase and a handbag for the DD as well.   

Getting ready to head out soon to pickup a few small items.

I must have read the chart wrong because the only store I saw that had Assassins Creed for the PS4 was BB.  (Xbox for the other stores).  Anyway, I bought it through BB.  I walked into Walmart this morning and they had it for the PS4 for $29 ($5 cheaper than BB).  I don't live near a BB, so returning it wasn't a convenient option.  I also bought BBT 10 through BB.

Walmart had a ton of stuff left.  Mason jars (I know some people were looking for those) and tvs galore!  I bought Assassins Creed DVD for $3.96, which wasn't available online at that price, and sharpies for $10.  

Menards was packed!!  Bought some candles for $1.97 ea 

Meijer was empty and I didn't see much on sale.  I did manage to take advantage of the B1G1 for $1 on New Balance shoes for my husband.  I was surprised they had size 13.  Two pairs for $77 which was a great price!

Now I'm going back to bed!

Everything I wanted was still at the store this morning so I'm thankful I didn't venture out last night.  

This was my first BF shopping in California.  I had a good time and everything went fairly smoothly.  I bought one item online, and the rest was in stores.  I lined up at Target at 1:00 pm- was 4th in line.

Target.com:

Keurig coffee maker with free $20 gift card- due to error they made with my order originally and after checking several times to make sure it was correct, and they said it WAS, turned out they never charged me for the Keurig, and I received it the next day later that evening much to my surprise.

Stores:

Target:

55 inch Westinghouse 4k tv

Echo dot

20 piece Pyrex bakeware/storage set

20 piece T-Fal cookware set

George Foreman grill/panini maker

Oster rice cooker/steamer

Black and Decker wet/dry hand vac

Queen fuzzy blanket

6 piece 1050 thread count sheet set

Horizon Zero Dawn PS4 game

Walmart:

Ninja 900 watt blender

36 piece Take-Alongs storage set

6 piece bathroom set

Dearfoams women's slippers

Sharper Image men's slipppers

USB cable

Best Buy:

Sony headphones

Edited by Giraffe34

Shopped a lot from Kohls, Target, and Best Buy online.... then yesterday went to Dicks, Michaels, and then headed to the mall.  Got great deals at Macys, Pandora (buy 2 get 1 free), etc, and headed home about 10:30.  Went to Old Navy (yay $1 fuzzy socks), Golf Galaxy this morning, and then to Kohls craziness even though I really didn't need anything else there...  Overall, got some  great deals and had great online shopping experiences!  Love black Friday!!

Welllll, my group started @ Kmart on TG @ 6 am as they said they would be open...so we figured, oh they must be having secret in-store deals if they're opening that early...no such thing they had the 6pm items on sale for a smaller percentage off Edited by tracy0504

Well, I didn’t need to do any BF shopping this year (I got all my stuff done last month when I hit some good sales) but my boys both wanted to go out with a little money they had today. So around Noon I took them to Five Below and they got Guitar Hero Live for the Wii U for $5 and a little $5 drone. Then we went over to TRU and they hit up the Buy 1 Get 4 Free Skylanders figures, which also were marked down to $2.98 (so $3 for 5 figures!!) and a big 3 pack with a level for another $3. So $16 total later and they had a trunk full of stuff! At GameStop, we picked up some cheap pre-owned XBox One games. They’re happy campers. We went into Petsmart to get some dog stuff, and that was the only store that had a long line of people in checkout. They only have 4 registers in there, so that’s why.

As far as crowds, we were out from about 12-4 with breaks for lunch and snacks, etc. and we weren’t in a lot of high traffic stores. There were decent crowds, but the only place we waited in a checkout line was Petsmart. I will say that the Kohl’s parking lot was packed, so they must have been busy in there. Target’s parking lot seemed “normal Saturday” packed, and our Walmart always looks the same amount of packed. Not much to report this year but I wasn’t even expecting to be out today, so I figured I’d add my voice to the mix here.

Edited by jakesmommy403

Target for the IPhone upgrade for $250 gift card was a combination of a disaster, but in the end a success.

Thanksgiving night it was a total nightmare. I arrived at Target at 9:00 and only saw two customers waiting in the electronics are for a cell phone rep to take their order. Then someone came up and when I asked how long it would be said "are you on the waiting list yet", asked how many were on the list and he said about 10, but about 75% weren't showing up when he called them when it was their turn. So I figured I'd take a shot.  With how few were waiting I decided to return 10 minutes later after finding some DVD's I wanted.

20 minutes lady an elderly lady came running through the whole department crying, yelling to her husband "take that salesguy out back and make him learn you don't disrespect an elderly lady by skipping my turn". He came in spitting in all three account rep's faces, saying how they never called him wife or paged her over the intercom, even though others of us waiting heard her name called a few times.  He offered to let her go next and she said "NO, YOU ARE GOING TO PAY FOR WHAT YOU DID TO ME, MY HUSBAND  WILL TEACH YOU A LESSON!".  Everyone was sort of snickering under their breath as she was way overboard with the dramatics at this point, in a temper tantrum that would give a 3 year old a heck of a challenge to beat.  Computers were running slow as it was, and their attitudes were inhibiting all the sales reps from compleing their jobs efficiently.  Eventually she got it.  Ther was a total of 3 orders in front of me at the time they left the section with their phone.  The guy who had the list, THOUGHT I might make it by noon, but said it as safe if came in at 600 to claim the phone  Friday I would not lose my claim to the phone .  

Had to wait to for the sales rep to call the few more in front of me and see if they could be there in 15 minutes, because they had overpromised inventory when booking appointments., they couldn't so he did get me the phone and it worked out, but they were not organized at all :)

We went to Walmart first (got there at 5:00 p.m. Thursday night).  It was crowded but I don't think it was as crowded as it was last year.  My husband said the same thing.  We then came home, slept, and got up at 4:00 to head out of town to finish our shopping.  Went to Belk's first this morning and it was not crowded at all.  I ended up not getting anything there because they didn't have the boots the my daughter really wanted, but we found some that she liked better at Kohls.  Went to Target and it was pretty crowded.  I really didn't need anything there but my friend needed to go.  So, while there we checked out the movies.  Although it was a little crowded, checkout was less than 5 minutes.  Kohls was pretty crowded and the line for checkout was fairly long. That being said, checkout still took under 15 minutes!  Very good experience there.  We went to 3 different Gamestops.  The first one was not crowded, but it is one of the smaller ones located in the mall.  The 2nd one had what my daughter wanted and there were a few people in there, but it wasn't bad.  The 3rd one was too crowded to really look.  So, we didn't stay.  Overall it was a very fun and successful day!  Hoping nothing I ordered online gets cancelled.

Walmart (in store):   One of my sons is getting married in March so I went in mainly to buy for them.
Towels

Bath cloths

Metal bowl with lids set

Plastic containers (with lids) set

I-phone 6 (for other son, he bought but we stood in line for it)

2 copper electric fryers (one for me and one for son getting married)

Target:

My daughter bought The Croods movie and Lego Movie (she had saved money from her birthday)

Gamestop: (in store)

My daughter bought 3 Wii games 

Kohls (in store):

Got my daughter boots and a pair of jeggings

Gamestop (online):

Bought both of the boys a pre-owned Xbox One each and got a Nintendo 3DS XL free (with free shipping)

Best Buy online:

Batman movie 

Xbox One game

Walmart online:

Coffee maker

Xbox One game

I know I am forgetting something, so will come back and edit it later.

The $250 thing from Target on the phones explained why there we a line as soon as the doors opened this morning. We were like 3rd in line and a good line behind us and then they all rushed the electronics department. I heard people looking for the phone guy but didn't think about it. Now I know :)

I ended up running to WalMart this afternoon to see if I could locate the $5 toddler underwear. I was unable to locate any underwear, but did find that all of the cardboard bins that they use for doorbusters in the clothing section were marked 1/2 price!! I got some awesome deals and stocked up on some pajamas for the whole family!

• Like 1

Kiddo finally asleep so I can post.

Started on Wednesday, went out to scout and most of what I wanted was already on sale. Got the coordinating shirts for myself, DH, and DS from JcPenneys, my jeans and a hat for the hubby at Bass Pro, and spent way too much at Teavana and their BOGO sale.

Then we had lunch on Thanksgiving at my brother's house who lives twice as far from the Walmart we BF shop at as we do. So we got there at five til(which was not the plan but oh well), my mom dropped me off at the door while she tried to find a spot to park. In the first five minutes, I saw a fight over towels, got my sheets, pillows, a cart, the phone my mom wanted, etc.

Got everything on my list! A ton of movies, the PW gadget set that was the hot ticket item at our store, socks, jammies for the baby, Fisher Price toys, and a Roku.

This morning dragged my hillbilly hubby with me to TRU and the mall. I was going to go by myself with the baby but we've had a big uptick in violence in general in nearby city so it made me feel better having him with me. He was hilarious, told him the croeds weren't as bad as usual and he couldn't believe it. Got more toyss for DS at TRU, found Lion King in the BOGO movies so got it and an Elmo Christmas DVD for kiddo's stocking.

Bath and Body Works was swamped but had four coupons they let me stack so I got 90 dollars worth of stuff for 20! Made me very happy.

• Like 1

I started out my black friday shopping by purchasing all the electronic items I wanted ahead of time.  Got the google home mini and the phillips hue from best buy. Got chromecast from walmart.

As for the stores me my mom and my cousin didn't venture out till after 10pm. Our first stop was the target down the street from my sisters and it was pretty dead as it always is which is why I go to that one. Got a couple of the kids books for my lil cousins. Next we headed to the closest Walmart. On the way we saw the target across the street was so packed it wasn't even funny as it always is, which is weird since its not really all that far from the empty target.  At Walmart I got xxx the return of zander cage and some pjs for my cousin. 

At that point my cousin went home and me and my mom continued on. We next headed to the mall we thought would be emptier and we were correct. We drove by the closest mall and the parking lot looked super full. The other mall was maybe 15 mins away but it was empty when we got there. We started out at jcpenney and almost as soon as we got there they said the mall doors would be closing but the store would stay open. That served a little inconvenience as Macy's was another store at the mall we were planning on hitting and this particular mall has a women's Macy's and a Mens Macy's on each end of the mall and now we had to drive to each instead of walking through the mall. The crowds were barely there and me and my mom both checked out with ease. I got the puffer jacket that was on special. 

Next we ventured to two different Walmart's both of which were closed which i found odd since this was a big town and both my local Walmart stay open all night.

Kohls was the next stop that had the most people we had seen all night both checkout lines were about 10-15 mins wait so not bad compared to recent years when it would take an hour or the one year at 3 am when I was told it would be a 4 hour wait to check out at my local kohls that had only one checkout section as it was a smaller store. Got 2 shirts here.

We then went back to our local Walmart which was completely empty but had a lot of the items still to purchase.  Got the transformers dvd and selfless. Then headed to the other walmart and got the phone dot that none of the other stores had didn't like the design but oh well.

Last stop of the night was big 5 as it was now after 5 am and it was open.  Mom looked around and bought one thing and we headed home arriving at around 545 a little less than 7 hours after we had left my sisters.

I got my must have DVDs at Best Buy when they marked them down early, I placed an order at Ulta Thanksgiving night which was a nightmare, went to Kohls Friday morning smooth as silk got everything I needed except they only had one of the $4.99 long sleeve tees in my size so I went to the kiosk it's coming to my house free shipping. The line at kohls was not bad at all. After we left there we went to TJ Maxx and surprisingly got some great deals even though they weren't having a sale. After that we hit the Tuesday Morning Black Friday sale and finished off bffs sons Christmas from me. Finally we went to big lots and got some more odds and ends gifts done there. Parking lots were surprisingly empty. My biggest disappointment this year was Amazon their sale was all junk this year. They used to be the big winner on Black Friday but they have become the big loser.

Sent from my iPad using GottaDEAL

Edited by Tigger97498

I did a lot online as I was a little sick this year.. Target, best buy, Sams and walmart. Google home minis, Fire sticks, 65in TV , Games, Board Games, Toys, PJ Sets, Slippers, etc. I did go out as well to Gamestop - Xbox 360 for my nephew with rebate, Fingerlings, Walmart in store I got house hold stuff, Movies and games, Target got the Fire 8 tablet, games, movies, Huge Bear for $10, etc, Mall well that was a nightmare. Hit Macy's, Pennies, Finish line, BBW, Sears, Forever21, etc. Bought clothes and towels. Wanted a sports coat or suit but did not have the size I wanted. It was a lot of fun even though I was under the weather most of the week. 

Target - Did not get the Barbie car set but hopefully I can find it today at a good cost - One of the only things that I did not get that was on my list. 

Black Friday 2017 Reflections

Best Buy and Kohls had the BEST ads in my opinion.

People were chasing the $20 air fryer at JCPenney like a Cabbage Patch in the 80s. (About 400+ people lined up at store open) Congrats to those who got one.

I did most shopping online and came out for a little to use the $10 coupon at Kohls. Found the egg cooker that sold out online tossed to the side and discarded by an unwanting customer. WINNING!

Also, went to Home Depot for the $1 Poinsettia....I thought I never would say this, but Home Depot should put a limit on how many you can buy. Those folks with two cart fulls were excessive and who needs all those plants anyway?

Checked off just about everyone on my list with a few odds and ends left to get.

Interestingly enough, I went to Best Buy and Target late afternoon today to find both stores had a significant amount of doorbusters left. Best Buy still had SNES Classics (about 20) in a bin at the front of the store. Either most shopped online or people were not spending as much this year. I can't wait to hear the shopping statistics on the news.

And BTW, I do agree that Amazon was underwhelming this year.

Until next year...

Sent from my SM-N950U using GottaDEAL mobile app

People were chasing the $20 air fryer at JCPenney like a Cabbage Patch in the 80s. (About 400+ people lined up at store open) Congrats to those who got one.

I did most shopping online and came out for a little to use the $10 coupon at Kohls. Found the egg cooker that sold out online tossed to the side and discarded by an unwanting customer. WINNING!

Also, went to Home Depot for the $1 Poinsettia....I thought I never would say this, but Home Depot should put a limit on how many you can buy. Those folks with two cart fulls were excessive and who needs all those plants anyway?

Checked off just about everyone on my list with a few odds and ends left to get.

Interestingly enough, I went to Best Buy and Target late afternoon today to find both stores had a significant amount of doorbusters left. Best Buy still had SNES Classics (about 20) in a bin at the front of the store. Either most shopped online or people were not spending as much this year. I can't wait to hear the shopping statistics on the news.

Until next year...

I forgot about HD - I am guilty on the 2 carts of Poinsettias. I usually get like 4-6 trays. I use them around the house and office and I give them to my surrounding neighbors to start the holidays off. 

• Like 1

On Black Friday, everything went great as usual.  Started at Home Depot at 10 of 6 was in line at the back of the building.  Can't believe all these people are here for poinsettias but me.  In and out with my 20 items in 25 minutes. Head over to Lowe's.  Store is empty, people should have come here for their poinsettias.  No line.  Got some stuff, some stuff was priced higher than in the ad so did not get it. Headed to PepBoys.  After to minutes,found out they were not opening till 7:30 so went to Staples, picked up a printer.  Back to Pepboys with 5 minutes to spare.  No one there but us.  I guess no one changes their own oil anymore but me. Bought 40 quarts of oil (was allowed 60) and 4 gallons of anti-freeze that after rebates will be $96.  Headed over to Fry's. Was there by 8, really crowded, had plenty of everything that people camped out for at Best Buy for less.  Got in line to pick up online orders, that took a half hour,  Then in line to pay another 20 minutes. Headed over to Harbor Freight, got a jack.  Went back to Lowe's for some wrenches that we forgot about, the price was changed on the keyless lock so I got it. Was home by 10.

Today went to Fry's, was there at 10 minutes till opening.  Was first in line, wanted the free after rebate range extenders. So did everybody else.  Got 2,  bought a new shaver for $20, went home.   No problems anywhere, another perfect Black Friday.

At 12:00am Thanksgiving morning I shopped online at PetSmart.com for their Black Friday Deals. I was NOT able to put any items in my shopping cart until around 8:00am! I tried many different devices thinking maybe the device I was using had a virus on it or something was wrong on my end. Believe me I was VERY frustrated yet still determined to keep trying to get the item I wanted the most in my shopping cart. I had to work Black Friday from 5am till 2pm, and would miss the awesome deal at PetSmart Friday morning. FINALLY around 8am I was able to put the big box of bones for $4.99 in my shopping cart!!! Figured it was such a great deal so I would get 4 boxes with having 3 dogs. I bought a few other items I wanted online also.

Ready to checkout now and it won’t take my credit card! The message I was seeing said my information did not match my credit card. I ended up using PayPal then. I received a email from PayPal saying my payment would go through once PetSmart processed my order. I found it very strange I never received an email from PetSmart confirming my order. Friday I contacted customer service asking about my order and was told to go to my local store and talk with someone there about my order. Saturday I went to PetSmart as the 4 boxes of bones I ordered were for in store pick up anyway. I was told their system crashed Thanksgiving morning at 12am. The only thing that I did not get out of everything I ordered was of course the 4 boxes of bones ;( The store would honor the Black Friday price when more came in. She said she could take my phone number, but she has over 300 people on the list in front of me!!!

Did anyone else have issues with PetSmart?

I got quite a bit online again this year. I can't believe how much I have enjoyed getting so much online. I've always been the one that likes being actually in the stores with other shoppers and just enjoying the experience of Bf. But either way I got some great deals both online and in the stores.

Walmart: IPhone 6 straight talk, Nintendo Switch game, bath rug and Fuji film refills.

TRU: diapers, battery operated 4-wheeler, nano computer kit

Old Navy: leggings

Kohls: 3 towels, 2 packs of wash cloths, food network baking sheets, bra, baby sleeper, and necklace

Target: Nintendo switch (the LAST one they had

Edited by Jen08

Was a mix of both online and in - store. Home depot - people were crazy after the poinsettias and were taking them by cart loads - store ran out of them in 15 mins. Thursday evening just went  to see the frenzy didn't buy much - only online. Friday went to the stores and bought what I liked.

Kohls : Holiday mugs , PJs

Target : k cups, electric kettle

Macys : Beauty products, sweaters

Fred Meyer : B1G1 socks, 50% off home décor, pyrex

Home Depot : 99 cent poinsettias, batteries, HDX tote, led lights

Walmart : Barbies, games, pillow

BBW Tote

Sears : Boots

• Like 1

I did pretty good online and in store.  I didn't have a lot on my list and no must have big ticket items so it was fairly easy.  Got the George Foreman two meal grill from Target for my son who has just moved out on his own.  Got the usual non-gift items from walmart (rugs, socks), a picture frame and chenille blanket from Target for secret santa and a $6 dog bed from Atwoods.  Good times.  

Finally visited my local Walmart yesterday and still managed to get the canning jars I wanted.  I also found quite a few cheap movies, but only got Straight Outta Compton since it included digital for only 6 bucks (in addition to blu ray and dvd).

I was pretty happy to see my movies I ordered on Thanksgiving arrived today as well as my laptop.  Despite the nightmare it was for ordering on Best Buy's site in the early hours, I have to admit this is the fastest I've ever received items.

• Like 1

Friday I got up at 4am so I could be out the door by 4:30. Picked my dad up by 5am and hit the ground running:

Kohls @ 5:20am (Dad - stocking stuffer for sister)

Target @ 5:45 (Dad - door buster sheets, Me - 3 stocking stuffers for DH)

Macy’s @ 6:30 (walked out with nothing, dad didn’t like the pot from the ad when he saw it in person)

Michael’s @ 6:45 (got there only to realize it wasn’t open so we skipped it and moved on)

Home Depot @ 7:00 (Me - 2 HDX 27 gallon totes, hole saw/dozer set for me and stocking stuffer for DH)

Petsmart @ 7:30 (walked in and walked right back out, insane line)

Joann’s @ 7:32 (Dad - paint)

Petsmart again (line still obscenely long so left again)

Lowes @ 8:00 (walked out with nothing, dad just wanted to see what their electric fireplaces looked like in person)

Ollie’s @ 8:30 (Dad - thermos)

Petsmart (line still bad so we gave up)

Joann’s again (dad forgot to pick up the 5 for $10 shirts)

Best Buy @ 9:00 (Dad - some part for his computer)

I won the BF bingo game this year so that meant that Dad had to pay for breakfast. Met up with my mom and DH at the diner at 9:30.

I ended up going out by myself later in the day after my chiropractor appointment and hit Michael’s (walked out empty handed), Marshalls (got presents for all of the families pets - 4 dogs and three cats) and ACMoore (bought myself crochet stuff). Last stop was Country Max for a stocking stuffer for DH. Got home at 3:30pm whooped but happy.

Crowds and traffic were pretty light until about 10am and then things got really hectic. Not sure if I’ll ever go out shopping later in the day like that again. People were crankier then and stores/parking lots were too congested even for me.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

You guys are some brave souls!! I did all online except for the Super Nes's. Was I sleep deprived, OH YEAH! But my body can't take the hustle and bustle of the crowds anymore, I can barely go grocery shopping! Thank you church bus for totalling my car in 2015 :/ But I got a lot of stuff, too much to post here.

Now, the Super Nes's that I bought were easy. Went to BB Saturday at about 8:30am was no. 6, and sat on my walker until 9am. Went to TRU at 7:40ish, tried to brave it without the walker since it was a nightmare at BB, but of course TRU was much more handicap friendly, smh. So I'm paying for that now. Of course I forgot to wear my shirt both times, grrrr.

All in all I'm very happy!!!

Until next year...

This year was the first for me being up early enough to purchase the Poinsettias...lol...I bought 6 from HD and 6 from Lowes because they had the pretty greenish-yellow color...I gave some away and the rest are around my living room and I took one to work for my desk...