Walgreens...did this happen to anyone else

suzy3333

I went into my local Walgreens to take advantage of the iTunes gift card offer (Buy $30 multipack get $10 Walgreens gift card).  However, my Walgreens would not honor what was in the ad that was posted (which was is 12 pages) and had a different ad (only 8 pages) and the iTunes was not in that ad.  Has this happened to anybody else?  Can Walgreens have multiple advertisements even though they are not a franchise?  Thanks.

I went into my local Walgreens to take advantage of the iTunes gift card offer (Buy $30 multipack get $10 Walgreens gift card).  However, my Walgreens would not honor what was in the ad that was posted (which was is 12 pages) and had a different ad (only 8 pages) and the iTunes was not in that ad.  Has this happened to anybody else?  Can Walgreens have multiple advertisements even though they are not a franchise?  Thanks.

thats the thing with "leaked" ads you should always get a paper copy to see if anything is different, some states have markdown laws, i think OK is one where they cant sell the item for below MSRP so their ads will be higher and such

thats the thing with "leaked" ads you should always get a paper copy to see if anything is different, some states have markdown laws, i think OK is one where they cant sell the item for below MSRP so their ads will be higher and such

I did not know that.  Thanks for clarifying.  I've never had that happen before.  Every year their "leaked" ad was always the same as the one in the store.  I don't know why this year was different.  Oh well, their loss.  I was going to buy $150 worth (5 multipacks) and would've ended up going back and spending more than what I would've gotten back in the gift cards.  Happy Thanksgiving and happy shopping