Wearing anything special for BF?

genoandkiddo

LOL this has to be one of the funniest thread topics here :)

Nothing special. Regular clothes, sweatshirt, light jacket, comfy tennis shoes and maybe baseball cap.

it's usually already cold here on Black Friday. a couple of years ago i was standing on the line with hundreds of people while snow flurries are coming down. :2wiggle:

Hi I am Vicki from WNY/CNY area and I am a diehard Black Friday shopper. I wait all year for this. People think I am crazy but you just can't get a better legal adrenaline rush than this!

Up here in Western NY it is usually cold and snowing. I wear my Christmas clothes for the first time while shopping. Layering is the key! hee hee

Oh, Vicki another die hard. I live in ND and it gets below zero some times. So you are right, we are talking long johns with little santa's, oh maybe that's too much info. But you got to wear comfortable shoes though. I just bought a pair of running shoes. I think I just might buy some Christmas sox this year.

Oh, but see, I'm sending him to handle the herds at Walmart. Ours is under construction this year, so it will be 10x worse than usual. I don't want to go anywhere near there on normal days, let alone Black Friday! I'm going to do Best Buy or Target(or maybe even Kmart). We'll see which one has the best deals on what I want to get.

Fargo, luckily all the major stores are within a mile of each other here. They're making Walmart into a Super Walmart.

I am also in Fargo Jaded and you can't pay me on a regular day to go to Walmart in Fargo. It is always a zoo. If I need things from there I head to Dilworth and then I can use the Uscan and not deal with the crabby cashiers! :D

We were in Fargo 1 year for BF and did BB. We swore to never do that again. The line was around the store and we got into line about halfway across he backside of the building. It was so cold that year! :eek: I enjoy shopping in Bismarck so much more. It is just big enough to have almost all the stores we need or want and if there is a store we don't have the guys usually just order things online if that is possible. We havne't found much at BB in the past few years anyway. You need to be within the first 10 in line to get the really big stuff and that is just insane. The year we did go to BB we waited for an hour to check out. We were not happy campers by the time we were done. It was one of the worst experiences I have had on BF.

Yes, it's horrid. My MIL does it every year, goes with a bunch of people, and gets there by 3am(they take turns warming up in the car). They usually go straight for the toys though(which is why my kids have tons of toys).

Dilworth has a self checkout huh? I might just have to check that out soon. My biggest gripe about Walmart is how close together the aisles are! They should at least be wide enough for two carts to comfortably pass each other.

That is true about Best Buy. I do remember heading there one year, and fighting with 30-40 people to get a Lego island computer game!

All I really want to get this year is a VCR(ours died), a TV/VCR combo, and another Gamecube. The last two items are for my oldest son's birthday. DH is tired of sharing the Gamecube with him. LOL It would be a bonus to get a $300 computer though(but I think I'm doing some wishful thinking there)

I live near Canandaigua Lake a bit west from you. Hopefully we don't see snow at Thanksgiving this year.

No not to far at all. HOpefully no snow this year last year was nice here. I go to the Super WM in Watkins Glen. They had no clue last year because that is a brand new store hopefully this year will be better.

All of you who live in NY, Please..... We already got snow up in the State that No one knows about. LOL North Dakota, at least the Northern Part. We got a snow man in the Yard along with the graveyard for halloween. I guess we will just have to hurry up and have bf. So I can celebrate Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas all at the same time. :giggle: That way I can gain all that weight at once and can start working it off. Did anyone watch the Biggest Loser last Night?