Apple Watch - Any opinions?

HappyHolidays

I have DS 18 and DD16 and thinking about apple watches for them. I saw some good deals (so I think) on the Series 1 for BF. Any major differences between the 1,2& 3? I know I don’t want to pay any more on my cell bill so won’t go for the Cellular Series 3. Just has to spend $180 on a Series 1 if too outdated. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

I have the Series 2 and I love it. I did buy it for myself (as a gift from DH last Christmas) and I love the functionality of it. I can take calls on it when my phone is not handy. I can answer texts on it. These are 2 very important features for me since I don't always have my phone on me. The connection distance is great and if I am on a known wi-fi - my watch will even connect at work if I forgot my phone at home. It doesn't all the time but it has happened and it is freaky. 

I do wish the battery life was longer but I just take it off every night and put it on the charger and it doesn't seem to be a problem for me.

Thanks everyone. I was thinking my college sign might find it useful to get messages on his watch and not have to get his phone out all the time. I do like that the 2 and 3 would let you shower and swim with it. That would be a plus. My daughter runs track and my son does go to the gym at school so I thought they may like some of those features too. Thanks everyone!

Thanks everyone. I was thinking my college sign might find it useful to get messages on his watch and not have to get his phone out all the time. I do like that the 2 and 3 would let you shower and swim with it. That would be a plus. My daughter runs track and my son does go to the gym at school so I thought they may like some of those features too. Thanks everyone!

Series one isn't as good as deep but it's also water resistant none are meant for like scuba or water skiing. Here is the info for you from Apple.

Apple Watch Series 1 and Apple Watch (1st generation) have a water resistance rating of IPX7 under IEC standard 60529.

Apple Watch Series 2 and Apple Watch Series 3 have a water resistance rating of 50 meters under ISO standard 22810:2010.

• Like 2

My opinion since you asked.   People look stupid trying to read email on their wrist with a massive oversized watch and already spend too much time on their phone connected to the net, paying way way to much for an apple branded version of something people dont need in the first place is a wonderfully executed marketing campaign to part people from their $ and apple is doing a great job selling it on folks.

Since you asked.