How do you stay entertained while waiting in line?

Rockfordmom

As for caffeine, we usually start our trek at Sonic. There are a couple 24 hour Sonics that are out of the way but we go around that way to stop there.  In line, we have each other, and we always end up chatting with those around us.  Not as much as we used to, when we stood outside in the cold for hours. We always left those days feeling like we had new friends. :)

• Like 1

I like to talk to people. I don't do much line standing though, except for at Kohl's where I have my mom and sister. Outside line we talk to each other and others. Inside, we take turns continuing our shopping while the others stand in line.

I always have a bottle of mountain dew. I don't do coffee. Mama and sister do, so we usually have to stop somewhere. And then they are trying to shop holding their coffee in one hand in Kohl's...

I also bring a breakfast bar and some pretzels or other snacks. I don't have time to spend on non-shopping activities like stopping for food!

• Like 1

I go with my sister & we talk to each other & the people around us. If we’re standing in separate lines for different items, we talk to the people around us or text or call each other. If the store we’re in has WiFi, I’ll do things on my phone or go through the paper ads that I’ve seen a million times already, looking for a good deal I might have missed. I don’t do the caffeine thing but I do take a bottle of water with me. After the first couple stores we’ll get breakfast & move on to the next store.

Talk to those that came with me as well as those around us.  Go over ads for the next store and make game plan on who is to get what.  I set the coffee to brew before we leave and we all fill up our cups and bring extra water.  We usually wait and do breakfast about 11am or noon.  After we've made our way through the majority of the stores and got our doorbusters.

The first year Walmart had the 3 "events", but you had to be in line before event 2 in order to get in on the sale for event 3 (God, what a PITA that was!), I remember getting a book from the shelf to read while in line. My sister was in a different line, and everyone was too cranky to make small talk. I hated that year. LOL

One of the main reasons I go, other than getting the great deals, is to talk and interact with other shoppers.  I love meeting new people that way and having the BF talk and chatter.  Like someone mentioned though, most people just veg out on their phones now, so it gets harder to get into those conversations.

Edited by Giraffe34

I go with my daughter (and her husband, now) We eat fast and head out and catch up on everything that's happened since we saw each other last. I usually chat with everyone in line as well. I don't do coffee, but they do and we stop several times for them and occasionally at steak and shake for their Happy Hour 2 am shakes

I enjoy talking with the people around me and my dad (my BF shopping buddy) and I have met some fascinating people over the years. If people aren’t particularly chatty them my dad and I will just talk and work out our plan of attack for the next store.

Sent from my iPad using GottaDEAL

Don't think we've waited much outside anymore in years, last year or the year before we made it to Macy's before they opened and it was a lot of talking about ad and trying to keep like ppl together to avoid the pesky kids in crowd. Brandsmart and Best Buy usually have lines to get in so we'll review ad and answer questions about whats on sale for clueless ppl who just joined the line

If I'm at Walmart or Meijer, I'm chatting with those around me in line. If we're after different things, we can often help each other with locations and/or grabbing said other items. Since I shop solo, making "friends" with those around me can be vital to getting everything on my list.  :gdthums:

• Like 1