Where do you hide gifts and how do you keep track of everything bought?

Brad

Since most of my stuff is ordered and delivered, i keep it in the boxes, and make a few likes of boxes in the corner of the bedroom and/or dining room. Luckily my kids have never been snoopers.

When they were little I kept it in my closet or in the spare bedroom downstairs.

I have a spiral notebook that I write down every thing I get my kids, even for stockings.

For other people, I kinda go by memory, which sometimes is scary!!

I keep most stuff at my office as long as I can. Stuff that does get brought home is in a box in the closet.

I keep track of everything in an Excel spreadsheet.  The spreadsheet is password protected, and I keep it in my Dropbox so I have access to it everywhere.  I keep different pages for what I have, and what the lists would look like if I had everything I plan to get. That way I keep it all as even as I can. The cells are color coded based on what's ordered and what's received.  There's a separate sheet just for what I plan to buy on Black Friday, with all the stores that have each item I want so I can see at a glance who has the best deal and what my options are if I miss my first choice.  I have my lists back to 2003. It's amazing (and a little nauseating) the difference in my budget from then to now. LOL

• Like 2

We have a lot of big green bins that hold all our Christmas decorations. My kids help me empty them and I make sure they all check to see if they are empty before we put them back in the basement. All the gifts go in the "empty" bins. They have never found them and my oldest will be 21 in February. I also use the empty cardboard boxes that hold my Christmas trees to hide larger items.

Sent from my iPad using GottaDEAL

• Like 3

one year i actually did all the wrapping and left them at a friends house, in spare room. 

i have hidden things many places. bikes/tools/large items in shed/ rv, ect.  

my closets a drawer that i empty(summer clothes.) now that they are older,i can leave things in a pile of boxes as santa does not have to bring them, and i lock the rear part of the house whenever i am not home.

My office. I have zero willpower and have been known to hand out gifts way ahead of time if they're left in our home somewhere. It's better for everyone if they're at work. My coworkers and I have had lots of fun playing with new toys.

As for keeping track, I keep my list in my OneNote Christmas notebook. Password protected, always available.

• Like 1

I keep a small spiral-bound notebook in my purse that I write down everything I buy for everyone. Most of my gifts I keep in my closet or in an empty dresser drawer. Once I start wrapping and run out of room, I might put some of the smaller stuff for my husband and kids under the tree & keep the bigger stuff hidden till Christmas morning. For extended family (sisters & their families), I wrap everything and take to my dad's, where we have Christmas with them.

• Like 1

I have things shipped to my job and I keep them there until the week of Christmas to keep the kids from being noisy. I also put things in brown boxes and tape them up and put them with the other boxes that I have never opened in the garage or closet. I usually us an app or keep a log on what I bought and for who. It is the stuff I buy for me that I have the hardest time keeping up with. 

I keep the kids’ stuff in boxes under a blanket in our laundry room in the basement. I keep a note on my phone with my lists for each kid, then it gets a credit card emoji next to it once I’ve ordered it, and a check mark once it’s arrived and is hidden in the box/blanket area. When it gets wrapped, you guessed it, gift box emoji. Edited by jakesmommy403
  • Like 2

I keep the kids’ stuff in boxes under a blanket in our laundry room in the basement. I keep a note on my phone with my lists for each kid, then it gets a credit card emoji next to it once I’ve ordered it, and a check mark once it’s arrived and is hidden in the box/blanket area. When it gets wrapped, you guessed it, gift box emoji.

I like the emoji mix.

When the kids were little, I would keep most stuff at my mom's house.  I would put it all in big trash bags and put it in the shed in the backyard on Christmas Eve and then move it all in from there.  One year my mom bought me a box of chocolate and without telling me she put it in with my stuff so I could open it on Christmas Eve with my kids.  When I went out to get the bag that night, I couldn't figure out why there was wrapping paper and a chewed up box in the yard.  The dog had gotten in the shed and got my box of chocolate out!  She didn't mess up any of the kids' stuff though.  

I keep a small notebook with a list of everything I buy and check it when it is wrapped.

• Like 1

I put my kids gifts into suitcases in our basement. I have a bunch of suitcases (family of 5) and for the most part I am able to fit all the smaller items. Larger items stay in the boxes if they are online ordered and I just open them check to be sure they are good and re-tape them up.

After they're wrapped I have also put stuff back into any large boxes and tape them shut.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

This may be the first year that I don't have a bunch of stuff to hide. But, if I do have anything to hide, I have a big box in my closet.  Everything will go in there.  I usually wrap as I go.  When my kids were younger, we wrapped all of the gifts and then put most of them under the tree.  We always saved one or two gifts to put under the tree Christmas Eve from "Santa".  Now everything goes under the tree (unless it is too big to wrap, then I hide it and put it out Christmas morning.  :)

It’s funny, in the 6 years I have lived with my husband I have never come across where he stashed his gifts for me. I don’t intentionally go looking but since I do most of the cleaning (he does the cooking and dishes and some laundry so I can’t complain) I would have thought I would have stumbled across his hiding spot at some point. I keep gifts tucked away in the guest room closet and he knows it but he likes surprises so he won’t ever peek. My mom used to use the neighbors garage to hide our stuff. I love the idea of using the empty Christmas tree box.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL