Anyone have any before- or after-shopping rituals?

Brad

Anyone have any Black Friday rituals? I know back when stores opened on Friday morning there were a lot of you who went for breakfast at the same place every year, got coffee from the same place, etc...

So does anyone have any rituals these days for before or after Black Friday/Thanksgiving shopping?

Pre-Walmart Thursday ritual consists of going to Walmart on a recon mission in order to have an idea of where things are. The maps are not helpful for the stuff we are usually after. After that it’s naptime for a bit to sleep of Turkey Day lunch. We usually head back to the store around 4 PM.. Post Walmart ritual is going to Sonic for a drink. Sometimes I get food and sometimes I’m content with leftover pie from the lunch festivities. We don’t really have a Friday shopping ritual since we don’t always go shopping on this day. Every store but Walmart and Dollar General are 45 minutes to an hour away.

Thursday afternoon we get around the table at my mom's and we spread out the paper ads, even though we've seen them all and we know what we want. We do our Thursday shopping, go home and go to bed, then get up early and do Friday shopping.  When we are finished shopping, we go get my mom and everyone else not shopping with us and we go eat breakfast at Denny's.  That hasn't changed in all these years, even when the store opening times and just about everything else has.   Once a year I get that Grand Slam breakfast, and I eat every bite.  :hungry:LOL 

• Like 1

Depends on where I'm at. If I'm at home (like I will be this year), Walmart recon will happen Thursday after lunch. I'll wander over to Meijer to kill some time/grab a mid-afternoon snack, maybe head home for a bit, then back to Walmart by about 4. I do my Thursday running, then home by no later than midnight to get to bed and back up early Friday to line up at Home Depot (camera is very hungry for those batteries, you know!) where they give us donuts and coffee pre-opening. 

After all is said and done, it's usually about 9 a.m. Friday. Thinking my local coney island might be calling my name for some mid-morning breakfast this time around. 

My husband and I will stop for a late lunch when done on Friday - about 2pm or so.  The place varies depending on our mood. Although every year I wonder why we even bother stopping for lunch as after we place our order I can hardly stay awake waiting for it to be served.  I just want to lay down in the booth and take a nap!

• Like 1

I don't think it would be Thanksgiving night if my mom and I didn't: start at Walmart, immediately go for Starbucks after that, then head over to what's left of ToysRUs, the mall and then Denny's at 11pm.  And for some reason we always seem to end up at JCP around 2-3am. By that point we are slap happy and everything is hilarious LOL  

Friday morning we get DH and the boys and go to Menards. He takes FOREVER, looking at every little thing, which is okay for That Day because the lines move so slow. 

This year I want to start a new tradition of mani/pedis on Friday afternoon.  

• 2 weeks later...

I meet up with my dad in the parking lot at our first store around 5am. He brings hot tea and I bring our Black Friday bingo sheets. As we shop we mark up our bingo sheets (squares are filled with thing we might see out like: empty checkout line, someone wearing a Santa hat, a police officer sighting etc.). Whoever gets bingo first gets their breakfast paid for when we go out to eat after finishing our shopping (usually around 10am).

Sent from my iPad using GottaDEAL

This year, turns out I'll be headed to my best friend's place to hang out after the shopping's done (she doesn't do mornings due to various health issues). She's going to be around and, with me having the day off, perfect time to have some girl time. Maybe we'll hit a movie or something. :)

My husband went Black Friday shopping with me for the first time this year! I think we may have started a new tradition, brunch/lunch at Cracker Barrel on the way home. We had a good time and it was nice to sit and relax. They weren't too busy either.

And I forgot, my mom and I usually stop at McDonald's after Walmart to get coffee. Started doing that the first year we ever went shopping together. My sister used to be the store manager so she either had to be at work to close it down or she went to check on them while we were all out shopping. We always went to her McDonald's so we could see her for a few minutes or let my niece tell her mommy good night if my sister was working.

Edited by MariahA

We used to do cracker barrel, but once we moved there isn't one close to where we go shopping, so the past few years we ended up at various places to eat. This year we went to Steak and Shake for breakfast and it was quite good so it looks like we will be back there next year.