Have experience with automatic litter boxes in ads?

stewarta4

Does anyone own or have any experience with any of the automatic cleaning litter boxes that are in the ads thus far? Petco has the ScoopFree Ultra self cleaning litter box for $99.99 and PetSmart has what appears to be the standard model ScoopFree self cleaning litter box for $79.99. I've done some Googling and it seems people either love it or they hate it...We currently have the Breeze litter box systems and like them but the thought of scooping them less often is appealing (I currently scoop very frequently and any time I see our cats in the litterbox to minimize odors...) When I read reviews, people either say these particular self cleaning boxes are far superior to the Breeze systems or they say the Breeze systems are way better. Any input? Think anyone else will offer other brands/models or will this be it?

I have 2 of the Scoop Free litterboxes for my cats. I love them. They keep things pretty fresh. The only downside is the expense of the refill trays, but there are reusable ones out there. I tried those and the big jug of crystal litter, but just didn't like it as well as just picking up the whole tray and tossing it. I keep costs down by stocking up on the refills during sales (like using a recent 15% off coupon at Petsmart, along with a current promotion they had of buy 2 get one 1 free).  I have 3 cats, and I change the refills every 3 weeks or so.  Oh, and I like the lavender refill better than the original, I think it stays fresher longer.

• Like 2