Best Buy Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

Is the 27” Acer monitor for $120 a great buy? Seems to have good reviews and it’s on sale now but I don’t know a ton about monitors. I know there’s a 27” Dell monitor for $100 in the Staples ad but I never really shop there and not sure how the two compare. Might as well check it off my list if it’s a good buy.

Per the information I could find, the 27" Dell monitor at Staples is a better deal. Yes the Acer monitor features more connection options but the more importantly the Dell monitor features an IPS panel which means it will provide better color reproduction (Yes I know this statement might be an oversimplification but its not far off the mark). For the price, if you can get the Dell monitor go for it!

• Like 1

Is the 27” Acer monitor for $120 a great buy? Seems to have good reviews and it’s on sale now but I don’t know a ton about monitors. I know there’s a 27” Dell monitor for $100 in the Staples ad but I never really shop there and not sure how the two compare. Might as well check it off my list if it’s a good buy.

I have gravitated to televisions instead of monitors eve since the LED revolution eventually led to lower prices on larger screens. You can do so much more with an insanely large TV as your computer screen/entertainment hub. I use a 50" LG 4k. My wife uses the 49" Toshiba 4k.

• Like 1

Which do you have? I really liked the T 777 but last I remember they are still $1000 on the used market. I read they are coming out with a new V3 version of it.

A T757 v2 powering a pair of Paradigm Studio 60's.  Few years old now, bought new.  Rather enjoy them.  ;)

thinking of possible receiver upgrade but don't know if either the 199 or 249? will work with current setup. Also just realized I've been breezing past any bluray players which may be there but I do need one. Suppose I'll be reviewing charts if they're still up this year. Any suggestions/comparisons on the cheaper  receivers?

thinking of possible receiver upgrade but don't know if either the 199 or 249? will work with current setup. Also just realized I've been breezing past any bluray players which may be there but I do need one. Suppose I'll be reviewing charts if they're still up this year. Any suggestions/comparisons on the cheaper  receivers?

For the extra $50 the Onkyo receiver is quite better than the Sony receiver. The Onkyo receiver has twice as many HDMI inputs as well as more connections beyond that. The Onkyo receiver also supports the lastest formats of Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. It also supports most of the latest HDR standards like HDR 10 and Dolby Vision (support for this coming soon as a firmware update).

As for a blu-ray player, what to recommend would depend on the TV you are hooking it up to. I mean is it a 4K TV or just a regular 1080p TV. Also, are you an Xbox gamer because perhaps you get an Xbox One S/X as a blu-ray player.

• Like 2

thinking of possible receiver upgrade but don't know if either the 199 or 249? will work with current setup. Also just realized I've been breezing past any bluray players which may be there but I do need one. Suppose I'll be reviewing charts if they're still up this year. Any suggestions/comparisons on the cheaper receivers?

Most of the newer receivers will give you 4K and HDR pass-through so it will depend upon your budget. If you have a 4K TV go with the $99 4K player otherwise there are some really good choices on regular Blu-ray players this year. If you really want the best of both worlds get an Xbox One S.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using GottaDEAL mobile app

thanks for the info on receivers ALL. I had a quick look yesterday morning and the Onyko definitely seems the better choice via specs and reviews-wise as well. Hopefully I can get online like I did the one its replacing. I've been having sound come in/out and am hoping upgrading the receiver will take care of it since I don't really want a new Tivo unless there's a decent sale on them(don't think lifetime plan is transferable).

Still undecided about whether to spend the extra on 4k bluray or just standard. My Panasonic 46" plasma has lasted forever and I don't really see any reason to upgrade. I could MAYBE get something slightly bigger but why spend the money and take this HEAVY monster off the wall mount if there's nothing wrong with it? I can only relocate it to brothers room since living room has a built in cabinet/glass display thing that only fits a 32" barely and frankly he doesn't deserve and probably wouldn't appreciate the trouble it'd take.

Edited by tinkrbel

No mine we're all unavailable at my store. I still got a good deal got bad moms for $5.99 straight out of Compton for 3.99 and Jackie for 4.99 all of which are close to double that if not more on Amazon. Worth it to get my must have movies now then actually be able to sleep Weds night for the first Black Friday week ever and check the 1.99 from bed when I wake up to use the bathroom lol. The ones I got were the ones I would've been waiting for all night to go live because I had to get them lol

Sent from my iPad using GottaDEAL

Edited by Tigger97498

Another year down... It was fun and I will be back again next year. For those that are not aware, Gottadeal is year round, NOT JUST BLACK FRIDAY... There are great deals all year long (of course nothing like Black Friday) that you can find. 

Once again, first at Best Buy... The manager even knew me by name and came over to say "hello Ernest" lol. As my group was walking in behind me, they heard her telling the other works "That's Ernest, he's always first every Black Friday" lol. 

• Like 3