Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

What are your Black Friday annoyances?

57 replies to this topic

#1 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 20,818 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 7, 2017 - 2:30 pm

What annoys you or drives you crazy about Black Friday? Could be something to do with shopping in stores or online.

Vent away :P

I'll start: online sales not starting when stores say they will  :no:

#2 Peppermint  OFFLINE  

Peppermint

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Nov 7, 2017 - 2:36 pm

Probably the layout of certain stores and not knowing where BF items are going to be. Usually they are in the most unusual of spots.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

#3 stewarta4  OFFLINE  

stewarta4

Black Friday Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 Posts
  • Member since 2014

Posted Nov 7, 2017 - 2:38 pm

I don't know if I'd consider it Black Friday as much as I would an "every time I go shopping" annoyance....people who act completely oblivious to the existence of others...hogging the aisles, standing directly in the middle of the aisle so no one can get around them...standing in front of particular items forever without realizing that others may need access to where they are standing.....people who can't control their screaming, bratty, need-their-a$$-busted children....I'll stop there But seriously, I try my absolute best to look around me every few minutes at the store to make sure I'm not standing in someone's way...if I need to stop in an aisle to look at something, I pull myself and my cart as far over to the side as possible....people just aren't courteous.

Edited by stewarta4, Nov 7, 2017 - 2:39 pm.

` :holiday07  :holiday04  :holiday07

#4 wittenlover  ONLINE  

wittenlover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 7, 2017 - 2:46 pm

Line jumpers. 

Unsupervised (or under supervised) children running amok

Rude people (other shoppers or employees)

Online order cancellations

Tech problems (either in online ordering or at in-store checkouts)

For those curious: Kitty in my pic is current furbaby, Mew, curled up in a box far too small for her. Ha! "If I fits, I sleeps!"

NASCAR fan (particularly JGR pit crews - many friends there), diehard UM Wolverine fan, animal lover, car girl, cookie baker, singer, bargain hunter. Yep. That about covers it. lol :cool:

#5 magickallight  OFFLINE  

magickallight

• 46,758 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 7, 2017 - 2:49 pm

Screaming kids and babies!

#6 Bopeep  OFFLINE  

Bopeep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 7, 2017 - 2:58 pm

Associates that don't know where ad items are. Stood in line for what felt like forever one time and when the paper came off - it was the wrong one! Too late to get the one I wanted by then. (I do have to say, it was a one time thing and the associates in every store we shop in are usually very helpful considering the stress they are under).

#7 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Nov 7, 2017 - 3:18 pm

All of the above!!!!!

#8 cjdav  OFFLINE  

cjdav

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 7, 2017 - 3:18 pm

Standing in line for hours only for it to be a free for all with line jumpers when the doors open.  Not handing out numbers for big ticket door buster items.  Not limiting the number of big ticket items per person when there is a limited amount and the teenager who pushed past you is taking them all.  Ok, now I am starting to sound old.  Oh, and, get off my lawn.

#9 ilikefree  OFFLINE  

ilikefree

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 7, 2017 - 4:19 pm

I agree with everything above plus one. The only store we go to that still has a line waiting outside instead of inside is Menards. I know we are outside, but every year it seems like we are standing right next to a smoker who insists on blowing their cigarette smoke right in our direction. Very annoying considering everything that is known now about smoking and second-hand smoke. Sorry if I'm offending any smokers, but my sinuses are very sensitive to the smoke.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head go for a walk out through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing. :no:

#10 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 20,818 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 7, 2017 - 4:27 pm

Nobody complaining about Thursday openings anymore... guess we've accepted it :P

#11 bribri25  OFFLINE  

bribri25

• 1,645 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Nov 7, 2017 - 4:40 pm

Thursday openings!!!!!! 

People who decide this is the time they should do their weekly grocery shopping.

Or that this is the time to browse around and figure out what all the cameras do...and what memory card they would need....and what cables go to what....

#12 riven3d  OFFLINE  

riven3d

• 2,161 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 7, 2017 - 4:57 pm

Thanksgiving Day Sales!!! instead of the true BF sales

shopping carts I just cant stand them in the small  lines, get a central location with somebody to man it and fill it that way in no way do they belong in lines around the electronics department where 3/4 of the people are trying to get by at and cant because everyone has a stupid buggy

Every year at WM i push the buggies out of my way as i try to scoot by and the people just give me these dirty looks

#13 2bauer4  OFFLINE  

2bauer4

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 62 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 7, 2017 - 5:08 pm

Late night openings instead of pre dawn openings.

#14 mamat2011  OFFLINE  

mamat2011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Nov 7, 2017 - 5:12 pm

Line jumpers and shoppers at Walmart shopping for groceries and having no clue what's going on

#15 BFgrl79  OFFLINE  

BFgrl79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Nov 7, 2017 - 6:10 pm

People showing up 3 minutes before the sale starts and angrily stating that they better not miss out on whatever the item is they can’t get close to. Cracks me up every time.

#16 jaymacfla  ONLINE  

jaymacfla

President, Black Friday Vacationers

• 1,666 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 7, 2017 - 6:18 pm

Nobody complaining about Thursday openings anymore... guess we've accepted it :P

Way to stoke that fire, lol.

#17 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 1,914 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 7, 2017 - 6:20 pm

Haven't accepted it, I just don't partake in it lol.

#18 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 7, 2017 - 8:53 pm

I agree with all the above

Linejumpers, sideliners who try to slide in with the crowd, people who try to fit buggies in small places, declined credit card transactions, disrespect people, late comers who stand there and complain about the door busters being gone, unruly kids, bad hygiene, loud talkers, crooked wigs, only 4 registers open when you have 20, etc

#19 totallyBF  OFFLINE  

totallyBF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Nov 7, 2017 - 8:56 pm

People who leave unwanted items all over the store!!! So annoying like at least give it to the cashier

i wish everyday was black friday :g_laughin

#20 tracy0504  OFFLINE  

tracy0504

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Nov 7, 2017 - 9:50 pm

I agree with everything above plus one. The only store we go to that still has a line waiting outside instead of inside is Menards. I know we are outside, but every year it seems like we are standing right next to a smoker who insists on blowing their cigarette smoke right in our direction. Very annoying considering everything that is known now about smoking and second-hand smoke. Sorry if I'm offending any smokers, but my sinuses are very sensitive to the smoke.

Me too...cigarette smoke is a migraine trigger for me😷

Sent from my SM-G930V using GottaDEAL mobile app

#21 MariahA  OFFLINE  

MariahA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 Posts
  • Member since 2014

Posted Nov 8, 2017 - 5:07 am

Smelly people, please at least put on deodorant people! Or shower! Latecomers getting upset about doorbusters being gone, unattended children. People yelling at tired children. Taking product early.
Sure I'll come up with more in a while.

#22 sgordon1214  OFFLINE  

sgordon1214

• PipPipPip
  • 1 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Nov 8, 2017 - 6:31 am

Best Buy deals on Samsung phones rarely include AT&T.

#23 cllehto  OFFLINE  

cllehto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Nov 8, 2017 - 7:30 am

Limited doorbuster items. Rude people. Early opening of stores.

#24 tracy0504  OFFLINE  

tracy0504

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Nov 8, 2017 - 7:49 am

Kmart doesn't order more inventory based on the sales, whatever they have on stock is usually it...unattended children; it gets crazy out there...people who don't know how to use their worda; excuse me, please and thank you...slow moving cashiers who are clearly showing they don't want to be there...

#25 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Nov 8, 2017 - 7:52 am

Smelly people, please at least put on deodorant people! Or shower! Latecomers getting upset about doorbusters being gone, unattended children. People yelling at tired children. Taking product early.
Sure I'll come up with more in a while.

LOL!  I wasn't going to say smelly people but lord have mercy yes!!!  

#26 MariahA  OFFLINE  

MariahA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 Posts
  • Member since 2014

Posted Nov 8, 2017 - 8:04 am

Not my usual choice of words but it's the truth! Not usually that blunt.

#27 rockpzazz  OFFLINE  

rockpzazz

Black Friday Hobo Insider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 8, 2017 - 8:14 am

My biggest pet peeve isn't so much children, but people who bring babies with them.  It's dangerous and its just wrong in my opinion.

As for online, my biggest pet peeve is ordering from Gamestop.  It seems every year I would have to contact customer service for one reason or another.  That stopped as I stopped playing games as much, but last year Best Buy took their place.

Black Friday participant since 2002! Black Friday Senior Adviser since 2005!  Black Friday Social Media Power Broker since 2015!

Hobo Insider where my job is to "PUT THE HEADLOCK ON HO-HO!"* *profile pic is my skills in putting the headlock on ho-ho

I still love Mizzou and proudly cheer for my Royals!

#28 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 8, 2017 - 8:51 am

My other pet peeves is wrapping a line down and around the whole store. Open more registers and keep it moving quickly

#29 tracy0504  OFFLINE  

tracy0504

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Nov 8, 2017 - 11:28 am

My other pet peeves is wrapping a line down and around the whole store. Open more registers and keep it moving quickly

Every line in Wal-Mart is usually open and they still have the worse orchestrated lines every year!!!!

#30 speeddiva  ONLINE  

speeddiva

This Space for Rent

• 2,177 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 8, 2017 - 12:39 pm

Every line in Wal-Mart is usually open and they still have the worse orchestrated lines every year!!!!

Ours makes 1 central line down the middle of the store and then an associate directs people into check out from that. It’s very effective.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users