Holiday Songs

chimeralife

My favorite part of the season is the Holiday Music. I’m always looking for new songs or old songs sung new ways. Thought it would be nice to see what everyone else’s favorite songs are.

Mine traditional:

Angels We Have Heard on High- Aretha Franklin

Joy to the World- David Artuleta

Carol of the Bells/Sing We Now of Christmas- Barlow Girls

New(ish)

Star Bright- Vanessa Williams

Penguin, James Penguin-Brad Paisley

Toy Packaging- Sara Groves

Silver Nights- Sabrina Carpenter

Don’t forget the Star- Sidewalk Prophets

Christmas in Heaven- Scotty McCreery

Papa St. Nick- BeauSoleil

Sent from my iPad using GottaDEAL

• Like 1

My classic favorite is I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day.  Or Mary Did You Know - the last line in that song (is the Great I AM), man, I love that!

I think my favorite new(ish) is Brad Paisley and Sara Evans New Again.

Any of Alabama's Christmas songs take me back to my childhood and make me slightly melancholy/nostalgic.

• Like 2

Depends on my mood, but I love MercyMe's "The Christmas Sessions" (yes the whole album!). My other fave go-to is TobyMac's "Christmas In Diverse City" (yep, whole album). Those two trade places in my car's CD player all season long.

I love both of these, but I grew up with the Temptations Christmas music and I have to listen to it every year. It reminds me of my Grandfather.

• Like 3

But the classics with classic arrangements are always good.  I'm not a fan of artists taking too many liberties with arrangements.  

I agree. If it's a song everyone knows, then everyone wants to sing along. Can't do that if you made it unrecognizable. 

My classic favorite is I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day. Or Mary Did You Know - the last line in that song (is the Great I AM), man, I love that!

I think my favorite new(ish) is Brad Paisley and Sara Evans New Again.

Any of Alabama's Christmas songs take me back to my childhood and make me slightly melancholy/nostalgic.

Have you heatd the Pentatonix version of Mary did you Know?! I choreographed a dance to it fornour Christmas play last year...

Sent from my SM-G930V using GottaDEAL mobile app

• Like 2

O Holy Night. That was my grandmothers favorite, so I think of her. Also, my mom's, and my dad's step sister would always play it on the piano for her on Christmas eve.

My son used to be on a sign language performing team, where they went to different churches and schools and other venues and performed songs in ASL, sometimes as a replacement for a church service. I always loved the Christmas performances, and my favorites were Silent Night, O Come O Come Emanuel, and O Holy Night, even the version they used by Group 1 Crew.

I love both of these, but I grew up with the Temptations Christmas music and I have to listen to it every year. It reminds me of my Grandfather.

Me too! It’s a family Christmas tradition. Now, my kids love it! Besides this cd, some of my favorites are Mariah’s All I Want for Christmas (of course lol), Mary Did You Know, Christmas Shoes, Faith Hill’s Where Are You Christmas and Band-Aid’s Do They Know It’s Christmas...I’m know I’m missing a few, but that’s all I can think of right now lol...I also like The Preacher’s Wife soundtrack by Whitney Houston.

post-93023-0-20503900-1510355812_thumb.jpeg