Instant Pot Pressure Cooker - on sale on Black Friday?

natch1234

So far all of the ones I have seen have been a worse deal than what I got mine for a few months ago...I have the 6qt and Kohls had it on sale for $69.99 plus $10 Kohl's Cash a few months back...I was expecting to see comparable or better deals. (Not that I'm in the market for another, just an observation...however buying a second one might not be a bad idea lol)  :gd_stars:

So far all of the ones I have seen have been a worse deal than what I got mine for a few months ago...I have the 6qt and Kohls had it on sale for $69.99 plus $10 Kohl's Cash a few months back...I was expecting to see comparable or better deals. (Not that I'm in the market for another, just an observation...however buying a second one might not be a bad idea lol) :gd_stars:

I bought mine from Kohl’s also when they had the $69.99 deal plus Kohl’s cash.

I know that Amazon put a them on sale on Black Friday last year. I believe it was the best selling item they had

• Like 1

you can get the 6 qt round or square at Walmart for $79

The round one at Walmart for $79 is the 6-quart Lux. It is a good model, but does not have adjustable high or low pressure settings, nor does it have a programmed yogurt settiing.

The rectangular Instant Pots ( the Gem) are a roaster/slow cooker multicooker similar to the rectangular Ninja multiccoker. It does not have a pressure cook ability.

I was excited about this item until the wife threw down the NO! on the subject. I wonder what she knows about this item that I have missed?

Could she be nervous about the idea of a pressure cooker in general? There have been horror stories over the years of stove top pressure cookers exploding.

Electric pressure cookers, at least the Instant Pot brand, have many safety features built in, as long as they are used properly without trying to force them open. If she has other concerns, post them in the Instant Pot thread in the lounge, and I'll do my best to address it.

• Like 1

The round one at Walmart for $79 is the 6-quart Lux. It is a good model, but does not have adjustable high or low pressure settings, nor does it have a programmed yogurt settiing.

The rectangular Instant Pots ( the Gem) are a roaster/slow cooker multicooker similar to the rectangular Ninja multiccoker. It does not have a pressure cook ability.

Could she be nervous about the idea of a pressure cooker in general? There have been horror stories over the years of stove top pressure cookers exploding.

Electric pressure cookers, at least the Instant Pot brand, have many safety features built in, as long as they are used properly without trying to force them open. If she has other concerns, post them in the Instant Pot thread in the lounge, and I'll do my best to address it.

That is the strange part. She uses pressure cookers all the time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using GottaDEAL mobile app

Stove top pressure cookers? That may be why she's not interested.

High pressure on a stove top pressure cooker has more psi than high pressure on the IP. She may be perfectly happy with what her stove top cookers do and may not want to adapt her timing for the IP.

I do know that those who post in the Instant Pot Community group on Facebook that are experienced with stove top pressure cookers and have used the IP have all said that their stove top models sit in the pantry since using the IP. They like being able to set the IP and walk away without having to stand by the stove and monitor the pressure. They also like releasing the steam quickly by turning a lever, rather than running the hot pot under running water.

For example, I use a stove top pressure cooker to steam artichokes. I've tried doing them in the IP. The stove top pressure cooker gets them tender in 10 minutes under pressure. The IP takes at least 20 minutes under pressure. I believe that is an example of the difference in psi.

However, I have to stand and watch the stove top pressure cooker and then set a timer for the 10 minutes when it comes to pressure. With the IP, I program it for 20 minutes high pressure and when the pot seals at pressure, the timer automatically begins. When the timer is finished counting down the pot beeps to alert me, and I can either do a quick release manually, or allow the pressure to release naturally on its own since the pot switches to keep warm automatically and stops cooking under pressure.

Edited by Gator Pam
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...