What does everyone think about the ads?

gatorburg

Wow!  Walmart is really holding out!  Come on Walmart!!!

Hopefully tonight. :)

I was just thinking the same thing.  Have they ever been this far behind everyone else?  I know it's all relative in the grand scheme of things but my plan of attack (online and in store) depends on Walmart.  I'm impatient because I need to move on to other things like decorating the house this week.  LOL

• Like 1

Well I lucked out with Best Buy! Hopefully you get so sleep a lot later than I do and you wake up to both!

LOL.  My body clock woke me up at 3:45-ish this morning even though today is my day off but something told me to pick up my phone and bam....Best Buy.  I never did go back to sleep and now there's more goodies to look at, except Walmart, the one I really need to be come out.  :sidesplit 

Well just waiting on walmart but pretty disappointed overall. Many of the items I was waiting for based on ads from prior years just arent on sale.

Although many ads have the same thing year after year sometimes we can get bee stung buy a sudden change up in the ad itself where the item is no longer provided.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using GottaDEAL mobile app

So far - I have been disappointed in most of them ... At this point Rite Aid is my favorite ad. :( Perhaps it is because I shop all through the year - but I am not finding the items I was waiting for on sale - granted - they are ODD items - but still! :(  Looks like Amazon will get most if not all of my remaining shopping.  Time will tell, though. ;)

Now that most of the bigger ads are out, I will just say that I am overall disappointed. These might be the worst ads I can recall since I've been doing BF (a good 12+ years)...there are a few things at a few stores I will be picking up. I am usually impressed and find tons of things that I don't really "need" but end up buying them anyways because I want them and they are such a great deal...not so much this year. I'm going to be really disappointed if we don't get another page of Dollar General's ad for Thursday and they don't have their usual $1 boxes of Christmas lights...those are a staple that I purchase every year. I was really looking forward to Big Lot's ad and I just saw it on a Facebook group and am thoroughly disappointed with it as well...not a single thing worth going for there. Disappointed but will make the best out of it and still have a fun time....and it will probably be the best year yet for my bank account lol Edited by stewarta4

Black Friday ads USE to be for the Black Friday items, now we have 30+ page ads for half the store with things that are 20% off, the already inflated price, making it's way into the "Black Friday Ad".  I lost a lot of respect for Old Navy when they first did their "Everything is 50% off on Black Friday" thing, but now I understand why and can respect that decision. Did you know $189 for an X-box isn't even 25% of the normal $250 price?  Black Friday has become a joke, along with Gray Thursday.

• Like 1

Looks like I'll be holding out for Cyber Monday and beyond.  Was kind of in the market for a new 4K, but with HDR freshly out, I'll wait till next year when HDR prices are 30% lower.  I need to build a new PC for graphical design work (hobby, not professional) and am hoping to do it for around $2K.  Come on newegg and Microcenter - baby needs a new pair of shoes   :crossfing

I agree ads are a big downer this year, but it really makes the hunt that much more fun the entire season. This site post deals beyond BF so let's keep checking in and we will find those hidden gems. The last weekend before Christmas things are drastically marked down as well just not well published. But if we make the deals know we can in affect make our own ads
  • Like 1

I dont know if its that I have an older daughter now or if I already think that I have enough, but there is really nothing I HAVE TO HAVE.  Definately the Kohls Big Throw even though I really do have enough...lol.  This year going out will be completely for the fun and camaraderie  !  Oh and breakfast at iHop after ! 

• Like 5

I dont know if its that I have an older daughter now or if I already think that I have enough, but there is really nothing I HAVE TO HAVE.  Definately the Kohls Big Throw even though I really do have enough...lol.  This year going out will be completely for the fun and camaraderie  !  Oh and breakfast at iHop after ! 

Now that all the ads are out that I was waiting on, I'm the same....going out for the fun and camaraderie.  I might actually try out Home Depot for the first time for the batteries.  LOL. 

The only must-have left on my list is an iPad and I hope to order that early online from Target or Best Buy.  If not then I will camp out at Walmart.  There's a few other things I wouldn't mind having like the Bissell Carpet Cleaner from WM but it won't be the end of the world if I miss out on them.  Of course I'll get my usual Kohl's throw(s) and bras early next week online.  

Now that all the ads are out that I was waiting on, I'm the same....going out for the fun and camaraderie.  I might actually try out Home Depot for the first time for the batteries.  LOL. 

The only must-have left on my list is an iPad and I hope to order that early online from Target or Best Buy.  If not then I will camp out at Walmart.  There's a few other things I wouldn't mind having like the Bissell Carpet Cleaner from WM but it won't be the end of the world if I miss out on them.  Of course I'll get my usual Kohl's throw(s) and bras early next week online.  

last year, I waited until Friday afternoon to decide I wanted the batteries from HD. Looked at the 3 stores in my area online, only one had any left, but I was able to buy 3 packages online and pick them up in store. Needless to say, I overestimated my need for AA batteries and still have a lot left, LOL, but the point is you shouldn't have any trouble getting them.

• Like 1

This is so much me...my kids aren't even older yet, but they have SO MUCH STUFF, and there's nothing they really need.  I already can't get through their toy room.  They have so much more than I did when I was their age, and they need to learn some responsibility towards taking care of what they have. 

The few things I was kind of looking for (Switch games, a Cricut Maker and maybe that Power Wheels Wild Thing) aren't showing up in ads too much, so I think my mama and I will go out just to be out.  We have such a great time acting silly and giggling at our own behavior...primarily our apparent genetic disposition towards Joining The Herd - you people that go crazy over those sheets at Walmart know what I'm talking about. I have sheets in sizes for beds I don't even own. I can't imagine not ever going out shopping with her on these days. 

• Like 3

Unless you're looking for a tv or a game system, the ads have become lackluster over the years. 

This year, in lieu of buying a lot of gifts and decorating, we're renting a cabin up in the mountains.  There's only a few items that my son has asked for that I have already purchased.  I'll be buying a few video games on BF, and my husband wants to buy my son his own PS4, which I'm still not sure I'm going to do.  Other than that, I won't be leaving my house for a second year in a row.

I can remember years ago .. shopping for 8 + hours on BF as many stores had great deals. This year I am glad I got a lot of my shopping done early, scored better deals hitting the clearance sales and some sales during the past month then what is on sale for BF. I will still be going out shopping BF but I know I won't come close to buying the amount I used to. I think this year will be the year where I spend the least amount of money that I ever have on BF.

• Like 1

I figured my list and I don't really have many "must haves" this year.  Not that the ads are bad, just that my kids are older so there aren't as many big ticket items I need.  There are a couple of things that I really need, but they are at different stores than I usually shop at so it will be interesting figuring out where to go first.  Following my niece's lead on this one.  She has four kids six and under so we will go where she needs to go.

• Like 1