What does everyone think about the ads?

gatorburg

One item in particular that keeps showing up is the Samsung 55-inch 4K model. It makes me wonder if there truly is any more wiggle room on that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using GottaDEAL mobile app

So far, Kohls is the winner of this contest.

So true. The generous Kohls cash makes many of the deals tolerable.

• Like 1

One item in particular that keeps showing up is the Samsung 55-inch 4K model. It makes me wonder if there truly is any more wiggle room on that.

Yeah I keep looking at that one... I'm curious to see what BB/Target/Walmart will come up with as far as TV's in the 50-55" range. 

• Like 1

That looks to be a part of Samsung's annual set of holiday SKUs, which seem to have a MAP (minimum advertised price). Based on past years, you probably won't find them at anything lower but someone might offer something free with it.

• Like 1

That looks to be a part of Samsung's annual set of holiday SKUs, which seem to have a MAP (minimum advertised price). Based on past years, you probably won't find them at anything lower but someone might offer something free with it.

That was my perception as well. We will have to see how LG structures their pricing with the major players in the game. So far a feature reduced LG 75-inch at $1,500 is the price to beat.

Yeah I keep looking at that one... I'm curious to see what BB/Target/Walmart will come up with as far as TV's in the 50-55" range.

We shall see very soon!

• Like 1

Instead of starting a new one should we just copy/paste the one from the last X years? :sidesplit

That was going to be my comment. The ads always seem to be the same from year to year, however, I keep hoping one of them will surprise us with something new and exciting.

• Like 2

I plan on buying luggage as a gift this year and so far Kohl's doesn't look so bad in prices plus Kohl's cash...

Sent from my SM-G930V using GottaDEAL mobile app

I bought luggage last year, the big hard sided spinners for 40.00 a piece. I bought 3 and regular price was 200.00 each. They were from JCP! I love them! Edited by kellis4321
  • Like 1

It's not just that.  While Walmart and Best Buy spar over televisions, Kohls puts everything else on sale.  I will save more doing the 'rest of my shopping' at Kohls than I will getting the door busters at the other stores.

I know it seems like the ads don’t vary a lot from year to year, but in a way I’m glad for that. As for myself, I mostly enjoy getting new movies and tv series during Black Friday, along with cozy throws and maybe the usual giant box of candy they always seem to have. :) My mom usually gets one of the big food storage container sets, some new sheets, and some minor electronics items. I guess you could say we count on these same things being available every year, so it’s nice for us that they are. I definitely understand people wanting variety as well, but I agree with what was posted above in that there are still major ads yet to come, so maybe we haven’t seen everything yet. :)
  • Like 2

My main thing I’m looking for is a new phone. Looking like SAMs may be the best deal this coming weekend. Hoping the Verizon ad makes it out before Saturday. Otherwise, my kids would like converse, nike, ugg and speery shoes. Probably no sales on those brands.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

Kohl's will have Nike 25-30% off Nov 23-25.

Converse will be 25% off from Nov 19-Dec 2. No coupon codes can be used, but what I do is take the insane amount of KC I usually earn from the stuff I can use codes on, and apply it to the Converse. Because it's gotta be spent on something, and we already know that will be on sale. Since Nike ends the 25, earn the $15 KC on that, then apply to the Converse on the 26th.

Last year I was able to pay for most of a train table and a pair of converse with the KC.

• Like 2