Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Help support GottaDEAL and use these links when shopping online this week. For more stores, see our store directory.

Photo

Christmas Tree with Electric Pole?

11 replies to this topic

#1 stacyk9  OFFLINE  

stacyk9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 1, 2017 - 3:05 pm

I need a new Christmas tree this year and I was thinking about getting the kind that has the electricity built into the pole. Anyone have experience with this? Wondering if it's as good as it seems.

#2 Bopeep  OFFLINE  

Bopeep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 1, 2017 - 7:25 pm

I love it.  My last tree was pre-lit, but I had to search for the ends of the light strands to plug the sections of tree in to each other.  I put hunter's orange tape on them, and STILL managed to miss at least one connection more often than not. That was the only thing I didn't like about having a pre-lit tree.  With the power running through the pole (however THAT works), I don't have to worry about it.  Put the tree together, plug in one chord, and voi-la - lights! lol.

#3 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Nov 2, 2017 - 1:30 am

Love mine too! It’s so easy. The only thing I have to worry about is plugging in my tree topper.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

#4 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 1,917 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 2, 2017 - 5:56 am

One of the ones we have (YES we put up more than 1 tree, maybe 4 in total) has the power cords attached to it and you just connect them and then plug the lights into those segments. VERY handy when putting it all together.

#5 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 2, 2017 - 12:34 pm

The one I got from Home Depot last year does and I love it. Quick set up and take down. Go for it you can't go wrong.

#6 shopping4my3son  OFFLINE  

shopping4my3son

• 3,396 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 2, 2017 - 1:25 pm

I saw one at Menards this year that went up and down by remote.\

https://www.menards....27577840&ipos=4

Looks like Home Depot has them also. Priced between $500-$800.

https://www.youtube....h?v=-_1AUEroy1M

:cheese:

#7 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 1,917 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 2, 2017 - 1:32 pm

I saw one at Menards this year that went up and down by remote.\

https://www.menards....27577840&ipos=4

Looks like Home Depot has them also. Priced between $500-$800.

https://www.youtube....h?v=-_1AUEroy1M

We messed with that last year at Home Depot. I wasn't sure who the audience was for it but messed around none the less.

#8 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 2, 2017 - 7:12 pm

We messed with that last year at Home Depot. I wasn't sure who the audience was for it but messed around none the less.

Wait till BF got my expensive tree for $89. I will never pay 500 for a tree thats only used for a month. NEGATIVE

#9 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 1,917 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 3, 2017 - 5:02 am

Wait till BF got my expensive tree for $89. I will never pay 500 for a tree thats only used for a month. NEGATIVE

Ya my wife and I were talking the other night about Balsam Hill trees. Very nice looking but the one we liked was $1700. NO WAY. Even though we leave one up all year round and it get's decorated in different theme's it's not worth that kind of money.

#10 Doresia  OFFLINE  

Doresia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Nov 7, 2017 - 7:03 am

I agree, that is way too much money for a Christmas tree.  With that being said...... If I had an extra 500 or 600 (never gonna happen) it would be tempting.  It takes a long time to put up and decorate my tree.  I love it when its done though.  :holiday07

#11 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 7, 2017 - 7:45 am

Ya my wife and I were talking the other night about Balsam Hill trees. Very nice looking but the one we liked was $1700. NO WAY. Even though we leave one up all year round and it get's decorated in different theme's it's not worth that kind of money.

$1700....that's a car. Can I drive it? Will it decorate itself. It has to have some bells and whistles literally. I have to Google it now.

#12 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 1,917 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 7, 2017 - 8:36 am

$1700....that's a car. Can I drive it? Will it decorate itself. It has to have some bells and whistles literally. I have to Google it now.

They look very nice, very realistic. The higher end ones have all the lights built in. They are like the very high end of artificial trees but that's a LOT of money in my eyes. Maybe one year once I'm rich. :sidesplit

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users