Best Buy brings back free shipping on everything through Christmas

Brad

Press release: https://corporate.bestbuy.com/free-holiday-shipping-expanded-day-delivery-now-available-best-buy/

More same-day delivery

After expanding same-day delivery to more than 25 metro areas this fall, we’ve now expanded the service to more than 40 U.S. metro areas.

In areas where the service is available, you’ll be able to place an order as late as 3 p.m. local time and receive the package by 9 p.m. that night for $5.99. Same-day delivery is available seven days a week – although Sunday deadlines are an hour earlier.

The following metro areas are now eligible for same-day delivery: Birmingham, Alabama; Cleveland; Detroit; Indianapolis; Little Rock, Arkansas; Milwaukee; New Orleans, Oklahoma City; Portland, Oregon; Raleigh, North Carolina; Salt Lake City and St. Louis. These cities will be serviced by our third-party provider GEODIS.

• Like 1

I’m going to miss stopping at Best Buy for Black Friday; they just closed the one near me this past weekend. But I’m glad for this free shipping promotion, especially since they also sent me a $10 gift code on a flyer related to the store closing. I was able to preorder a blu-ray combo pack that comes out next month at $10 off plus free shipping!
  • Like 1

I’m going to miss stopping at Best Buy for Black Friday; they just closed the one near me this past weekend. But I’m glad for this free shipping promotion, especially since they also sent me a $10 gift code on a flyer related to the store closing. I was able to preorder a blu-ray combo pack that comes out next month at $10 off plus free shipping!

They closed a few in Alabama. Where was your store located?

Wow kind of odd to close a store just before the Christmas season. Was it doing that badly?