Black Friday airline deals?

speeddiva

Do any of the airlines ever do Black Friday deals?

I need to book a flight to NYC for February and I was wondering if there were ever deals. My closest airport is a small regional one (the nearest big ones are 2-3 hours away) that’s always more expensive so any savings is welcomed.

I'll be following this post as well...I never thought of that. We're going to Orlando in December and still haven't booked our flight... (long story of waiting on our credit card company to issue us points we were planning to use to purchase the flights)...I may end up booking on BF if they have any specials!

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

I have never heard of a Black Friday special on air fare, and I would not put much trust if one used the 'Black Friday" label.

Airline pricing tends to be very computerized and systematic based on selling trends now.

No harm hunting for air fares after you have finished other Black Friday shopping, but you are probably better reading one of the sites that study airline pricing to guess the best time to shop and which days of the week to travel on for the best prices (Tuesday/Wednesday). 

That said, the best time to  shop is usually "now."  Prices sometimes drop, but generally they rise as seats are sold until the time of the flight.

Also, flying in or out of small airports is almost always more expensive and less competitive.  Consider a flight on Spirit from Detroit to NYC if possible.  Service won't be fantastic and watch out for fees, but the prices are great and the flight is short.