Shopping Black Friday online only?

gatorburg

I've done more and more online shopping over the passed 4 years. It's easier and more convenient, as long as you have a solid shopping list. The wonderful people here at GD have helped make it super convenient by sharing when the sales go live online....which with a lot of stores is before they're live at their brick and mortars.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using GottaDEAL mobile app

I do both...try and get most of my must haves online, then hit the stores to see what else I can get there. Petsmart is always a must go to...with good deals on litter and 3 cats, I get a year's supply.

We got our Pug last October so last year was our first Black Friday venture to Pet Smart. Both DH and I could not believe the amount of kitty litter being sold but considering the deal it made a lot of sense.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

• Like 2

We got our Pug last October so last year was our first Black Friday venture to Pet Smart. Both DH and I could not believe the amount of kitty litter being sold but considering the deal it made a lot of sense.

If you think that is funny, just think about the volume of deer corn sold at Walmart. I was told that they do not make money on the sale of deer corn, yet stock it as a service to the hunters. Back in the old days of the smaller Walmarts you would enter the store and see deer corn, hunting gear and camouflage lingerie in that order.

• Like 1

I do both...try and get most of my must haves online, then hit the stores to see what else I can get there.  Petsmart is always a must go to...with good deals on litter and 3 cats, I get a year's supply.

Not sure where you're at, but I have Meijer by me and it's a competition between them and PetSmart on who has the better litter deal. I have two cats myself and yes, I try to grab a year's worth when I can. Which reminds me... I need to clear that space back out in my closet for all the pails. Ha. 

Yeah, for the last few years I've been doing more and more online. Last year I didn't even go out (mostly due to recovering from surgery).Did most of it online on Wednesday night. Think I'll do that again this year, it worked out pretty well, except for a couple items sold out online.(But then they were likely sold out in-store too, unless you camped out for them, which I've never wanted to do.

I do mostly online shopping now in the days and hours leading up to Thanksgiving. It takes the pressure off knowing you have all, or most, of the major things you need. There’s no way I wouldn’t go out in person too, I’ve been doing it so long and enjoy the madness.

If you think that is funny, just think about the volume of deer corn sold at Walmart. I was told that they do not make money on the sale of deer corn, yet stock it as a service to the hunters. Back in the old days of the smaller Walmarts you would enter the store and see deer corn, hunting gear and camouflage lingerie in that order.

You should see how many 50 lb bags of bird seed that fly out of Farm and Fleet. I thought I was being a little piggish when I loaded 5 bags into my cart, and then an employee asked if I needed help loading more. I saw 5 pallets disappear in a few minutes and they just kept bringing more. I'm wondering if it will be on sale this year since I have seen it for the $10 BF price a few times this year.  

• Like 1

I do mostly online shopping now in the days and hours leading up to Thanksgiving. It takes the pressure off knowing you have all, or most, of the major things you need. There’s no way I wouldn’t go out in person too, I’ve been doing it so long and enjoy the madness.

Same here!  Most of the shopping for my family is done online earlier in the week.  I pick up any in-store only items, as well as the gifts for any Angel Tree kids/Adopt-A-Family that we have in store on BF (since I can't wait for the shipping on those).